Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Professor Oak


Joined: 12 Apr 2011
Posts: 3865
Location: Pallet Town
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some interesting notes:

- Raiders scored on every 2nd half possession for 1st time since 10/13/91 vs Sea. They didn't score on 1st OT poss that game but won

- McFadden's 113 yards rushing for Raiders 7th most vs #Steelers since LeBeau became DC in '04

- McFadden 64 TD run for Raiders longest vs #Steelers since Javon Walker 72-yd for Den in 11/5/06

- Brandon Myers 15 catches on 15 targets for Raiders. No one else with 10+ catches is perfect this season

- Only 3 teams have fewer penalties than Raiders 14 thru 3 games

I don't think anyone would have predicted the last 2.
_________________
(o◕ ‿‿◕o)//
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dreadymatt


Joined: 05 Feb 2010
Posts: 1039
Location: Saturn
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
Some interesting notes:

- Raiders scored on every 2nd half possession for 1st time since 10/13/91 vs Sea. They didn't score on 1st OT poss that game but won

- McFadden's 113 yards rushing for Raiders 7th most vs #Steelers since LeBeau became DC in '04

- McFadden 64 TD run for Raiders longest vs #Steelers since Javon Walker 72-yd for Den in 11/5/06

- Brandon Myers 15 catches on 15 targets for Raiders. No one else with 10+ catches is perfect this season

- Only 3 teams have fewer penalties than Raiders 14 thru 3 games

I don't think anyone would have predicted the last 2.



Unbelievable, particularly the perfect 15 on Myers

....what marks out of 10 would u give the DBs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ZoomWaffle


Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 5370
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
- Only 3 teams have fewer penalties than Raiders 14 thru 3 games


This

Is amazing
_________________


Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 12196
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:
- Only 3 teams have fewer penalties than Raiders 14 thru 3 games


This

Is amazing


So can all the conspiracy theorists go to bed now?? LOL.

I love disciplined football.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 22680
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:
- Only 3 teams have fewer penalties than Raiders 14 thru 3 games


This

Is amazing


So can all the conspiracy theorists go to bed now?? LOL.

I love disciplined football.


Well to be fair, Al Davis is no longer looming over this organization. It's a different time in Oakland.

You can't deny some of the insane calls/no calls over the years in relation to the Raiders.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 14318
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:

So can all the conspiracy theorists go to bed now?? LOL.


No, they can't. Al Davis is dead.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
autumwind


Joined: 17 Feb 2007
Posts: 165
Location: PA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good-
DMAC's run. Hopefully he gains confidence as well as the oline.

Meyers playing really well catching the ball and running with it

I thought there was good pass protection against a good D even if Harrison was missing

Jano!!!

Bad-
No pass rush which allowed the Dbacks to get shredded

Ugly-
Of course the no flag on the DHB hit

Great-
A win

And Dennis Allen giving the team team baseball bats as a symbol. Awesome coaching. www.raidernews.com has the article. Sorry I'm for some reason unable to post the link from my phone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 12196
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
You can't deny some of the insane calls/no calls over the years in relation to the entire league.


I fixed it to make it a little more accurate.
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JTagg7754


Joined: 09 Nov 2010
Posts: 12196
Location: Somewhere in Ohio
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

So can all the conspiracy theorists go to bed now?? LOL.


No, they can't. Al Davis is dead.


Sad
_________________


PM sig requests.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oak42069


Joined: 08 Apr 2009
Posts: 2114
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
oak42069 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

- Tyvon Branch - I know I lit a fire under you guys w/ all my talks about him over the offseason but has anyone been paying attention?? Has anyone noticed how very average he is? I put him in the bad b/c dude REALLY needs to go to Geometry class. He takes the worst angles I've seen. I can't specifically remember what plays they were but he infuriated me.


He's definitely not playing well so far.

I'd say only Shaughnessy and Wheeler have been good on D so far.


Jtagg has a point. Tyvon regressed big time in coverage this year. Quite disappointed in his play as well as Huff's. Shaggy and Wheeler have been stepping up though. Houston has been solid vs the run but not that good at pass rushing. McClain, Bryant and Burris have shown flashes too. Need more consistent playmakers as BP has mentioned though.


any word on when curry might return?

bartell and spencer?

needs these guys on the field for at least 2nd half of the season


I think Curry can come back week 7 against JAX but no word on his status.

I think Bartell can come back week 9 against TB but no word on his status either.

Spencer sounds like he will wont be out past the bye week.

According to LeviDamien, Bartell can come back week 10 against Baltimore. Not sure if it is accurate but he should know.



sweet thx for info

we need all the help we can get at this point
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dante9876


Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Posts: 21697
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
Professor Oak wrote:
- Only 3 teams have fewer penalties than Raiders 14 thru 3 games


This

Is amazing


So can all the conspiracy theorists go to bed now?? LOL.

I love disciplined football.


replacement refs dont have built in Raiders bias. When real refs come back and we stay down I will believe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 14318
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:

replacement refs dont have built in Raiders bias. When real refs come back and we stay down I will believe.


IF there was any bias, it was against the man in your sig. Now the Raiders are just like any other team.
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dante9876


Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Posts: 21697
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

replacement refs dont have built in Raiders bias. When real refs come back and we stay down I will believe.


IF there was any bias, it was against the man in your sig. Now the Raiders are just like any other team.


Hope so. Old habits die hard. I mean some fans still thought we was just going to draft the fastest players last year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Baggabonez


Joined: 29 Apr 2010
Posts: 6020
Location: RaiderNation
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Directv = $199.95
100 wings = $59.00
Logging on and NOT finding a QBoTF thread = priceless
_________________
Nodisrespect on building inside out wrote:
teams without highly draft DT's make the playoffs and win the superbowl regularly.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darkness


Joined: 24 Jun 2012
Posts: 7881
Location: CA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Directv = $199.95
100 wings = $59.00
Logging on and NOT finding a QBoTF thread = priceless


I thought TP's swagger made you a believer?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group