Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4: Carolina Panthers (1-2) @ Atlanta Falcons (3-0)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CarolinaRoar

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
3428fanatic wrote:
iknowcool wrote:
I'm not even saying don't blame some of the loss on Cam. He made a mistake, flat out. But he played a fantastic game and the offense put up 28 points. So for people to say "the defense did their job" and "Cam lost this game" is absolutely laughable. The defense didn't do their job and the defense was the primary reason we lost. Did Cam's fumble play a part in it? Yeah, it took away the first down. But again, no defense should be that pathetic to allow that kind of game winning drive. We had them pinned at the 1.

I agree and see your point but atlanta should have NEVER gotten that ball back plain and simple. At cams size he should have picked that up easily. He played a good game but I think it is fair to say the fumble cost us that game

Do you even like Cam? Cause you sound like a random hater. The defense had them at the 1 yard line, do you understand that?

I think its that you like cam so much that you dont want to put any blame on him.
iknowcool

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarolinaRoar wrote:
And Im going to keep him to those high expectations. He was taken with the first overall pick, has all these credentials, lives in the lime light only held back by his owner. He says he wants to win, well when you have a chance to secure the game and your able to do it but all of a sudden you fumble. THEN YOU LOST THE GAME. The defense wouldnt have had to deal with that [inappropriate/removed] if Cam secured the first down.

High expectations long term, absolutely.

But short term, people seem to want Newton to look like a top 5 quarterback off bat without making a single mistake. He makes one in an otherwise terrific performance against a Mike Nolan coached defense and people are calling for his head and then acting as if the defense wasn't at fault.

I'm absolutely winning to place some blame on Cam. He fumbled, took away the first game. But you don't seem willing to admit the defense was the main cause of the loss. Because it works both ways if you want to play the, "if, then" game. Because if Smith didn't fumble earlier in the game, then maybe we score a touchdown that drive. If we could have tackled Turner, then maybe we don't need to wait to that final possession. But guess what? Stuff happens. Defense laughably got roasted and allowed an easy field goal drive.

Last edited by iknowcool on Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Impulser12000

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can see some of the blame for cam on the last offensive play with the fumble and not getting the first. closing is something that he will get better at. remember this is only his second year. even peyton took some time to become peyton.
but i blame the d and d coord. i want mcdermott gone. we are better than we've shown.

CarolinaKitten on the sig
CAROLINA DID NOT DRAFT ARMANTI EDWARDS TO PLAY QB...or at all. Man he sucks
3428fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hannibal Barca wrote:
3428fanatic wrote:
iknowcool wrote:
How many points do you guys think Carolina should have to score each week to win? I mean, are your defensive standards that low and your offensive standards that high?

SF could have scored 14 points and won. New England only needed 29. Minnesota 20. Baltimore 23. STL 19.

So just how many points should Carolina have to score every week, according to you, if the defense doing their job leads to 30 points, 27 if we're excluding the field goal? Because God Bless us the week our defense doesn't do its job.

If cam doesnt give the ball back we win that game and atlanta doesnt put up 30 something points.

Our secondary needs a ton of work. Our line is playing good and LBs are good. Our defense does need work. I admit that but lets stop acting like cam is the best qb ever. To be honest his record sucks. He makes a ton of mistakes and he needs to grow up. He can be one of the best ever but its fair to say he has cost us some games.

You don't know what you're talking about.

59 seconds left. Lead. 1 yard line. No time outs.

That's all that needs to be said.

How dont I know what im tslking about? The defense should have stopped them. But the ball should never have gone back to atlanta. With the way the falcons have been playing they would have only scored 27 if cam doesnt fumble.

Damn yall act like you cant put blame on cam. Hes a number 1 overrall pick. I dont expect a superbowl. I just would like to see him hold on to the ball. I guess thats asking to much.

I guess around here you cant question cam.

carolina kitten on the crazy sig
iknowcool

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3428fanatic wrote:
Hannibal Barca wrote:
3428fanatic wrote:
iknowcool wrote:
How many points do you guys think Carolina should have to score each week to win? I mean, are your defensive standards that low and your offensive standards that high?

SF could have scored 14 points and won. New England only needed 29. Minnesota 20. Baltimore 23. STL 19.

So just how many points should Carolina have to score every week, according to you, if the defense doing their job leads to 30 points, 27 if we're excluding the field goal? Because God Bless us the week our defense doesn't do its job.

If cam doesnt give the ball back we win that game and atlanta doesnt put up 30 something points.

Our secondary needs a ton of work. Our line is playing good and LBs are good. Our defense does need work. I admit that but lets stop acting like cam is the best qb ever. To be honest his record sucks. He makes a ton of mistakes and he needs to grow up. He can be one of the best ever but its fair to say he has cost us some games.

How dont I know what im tslking about? The defense should have stopped them. But the ball should never have gone back to atlanta. With the way the falcons have been playing they would have only scored 27 if cam doesnt fumble.

Damn yall act like you cant put blame on cam. Hes a number 1 overrall pick. I dont expect a superbowl. I just would like to see him hold on to the ball. I guess thats asking to much.

I am placing blame on Cam. I think he made a mistake fumbling. Have to have better security. His mistake played a part in the loss.

It's my issue with the guy acting as if he is the sole reason and the guy refusing to place blame on the defense and the guy claiming our defense did their job. The latter especially is a ridiculous comment.
3428fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
3428fanatic wrote:

How am I acting like he is the best QB ever? I said his game last week stunk. I've said countless times he needs a lot of work. But for people like you to pin all the blame on him is ridiculous. And it makes me think you haven't watched the game because the only LB who made plays is Kuechly. Beason looks like a shell of his old self. Davis is good but rarely is in. Anderson doesn't do much but make tackles 5 yards down the field. Turner embarrassed our defense. We need a lot of work on the defensive side.

And "his record sucks"? Are you kidding me? This is the kind of ridiculous expectations that I'm talking about. If anything, YOU are the one acting as if Newton SHOULD already be the best QB ever. What kind of record did you expect him to get us to considering he was drafted to a 1-15, albeit better talented than that, team? The offense put up 28 points on the board. He played a part in 3 touchdowns. What honestly more do you expect of him? To, as a second year quarterback, be completely free of mistakes?

I am willing to criticize him. I have before. I've admitted he made a mistake fumbling. I've admitted he played a part in us losing. But I'm reading posts in here that seem to not want to place any blame on the defense for being the main reason we lost. They allowed 27 points beforehand. They then allowed a sad game winning drive; probably the worst I've seen. Yet somehow, according to 1 poster in here, they did their job? Are you freaking kidding me?

Newton is a top 15 quarterback. I don't think he's top 10. I think he's still learning the game and with that, comes inconsistency and mistakes. So for people to bash him just because the TEAMS record in '11 was 6-10 and in '12 is 1-3 is sad. Bash him for his actual play. His play vs NYG was horrid. His play vs TB was not good enough. He played great against NO. He played great against ATL. He makes 1 mistake which, while a huge one, we still had a chance to win it. The defense failed. He isn't the only good QB to have made a mistake and won't be the last one. But I swear, people insist on blaming everything on him. Why is the defense not being criticized after that final drive and the fact Turner ran rampant all over us?

Again I ask, is the expectations of the defense that low and the expectations of the offense that high?

I see your points. I get them.

we should have beat tampa and we should have won today. Can you agree with that? We should be 3_1. All im pointing out is that cam does not find ways to win. He is young and hopefully that comes with time. We are all panthers fans. We all want to win. Im not hating on cam.

Our defense needs work Ive said that but they held a really good atlanta team to 27 before cam fumbled. Thats all im saying.

shaX 07

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just can't get over this BS. I'm fine with rooting for a team thats rebuilding, thats had to endure the pain of a few bad signings/draft picks. But we've got one of the league's top offenses. We've got arguably the best LB core in the NFL, we had a very good front 4 today. There's no reason we should be 1-4, except that our coaches suck and our GM sucks worse.

It's time to say goodbye to Hurney aka the new Matt Millen and get some new blood in the front office and bring in Chip Kelly as the new Head Coach.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iknowcool wrote:
3428fanatic wrote:
Hannibal Barca wrote:
3428fanatic wrote:
iknowcool wrote:

I am placing blame on Cam. I think he made a mistake fumbling. Have to have better security. His mistake played a part in the loss.

It's my issue with the guy acting as if he is the sole reason and the guy refusing to place blame on the defense and the guy claiming our defense did their job. The latter especially is a ridiculous comment.

How many times did the defense stop them when we needed them to? They stopped them with 2 minutes left in the game. Were they perfect? Heck no but they played a gane that should have been a win. Turner got more yards then he should and white caught that terrible ball at the end but for the mist part we stopped their biggest weapons.

if someone said before the game we get 7 sacks and 1 int and we have the ball with under 2 minutes I would have said we win. The defense has to get better also but I truely believe they did enough to win that game.

Moody

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
I just can't get over this BS. I'm fine with rooting for a team thats rebuilding, thats had to endure the pain of a few bad signings/draft picks. But we've got one of the league's top offenses. We've got arguably the best LB core in the NFL, we had a very good front 4 today. There's no reason we should be 1-4, except that our coaches suck and our GM sucks worse.

It's time to say goodbye to Hurney aka the new Matt Millen and get some new blood in the front office and bring in Chip Kelly as the new Head Coach.

No no no no no. The linebackers are not top in the league. They're average at best right now. So many missed tackles. Beason is honestly terrible right now. He missed so many tackles and could've defended White's second TD with relative ease if he turned his head. Turner shouldn't have had near that success, but it doesn't matter how slow he is when the linebackers can't tackle.

This team must lead the league in missed tackles. Not only that, they over pursue like crazy. There is always a cut back lane.
rjkilla

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't see why sherrod martin isn't starting. nakamura is so limited athletically i have to believe that martin can make a play on that ball. at least make it difficult on the wr.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No disrespect to Atlanta but I feel like Carolina lost the game (twice) not so much Atlanta won the game. Cam shouldn't have fumbled and should have had two hands on the ball. Also the D should have been deeper and shouldn't have been so far off Roddy. Nakamura should have been closer to him and Norman shouldn't have given Roddy so much space.

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
3428fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rjkilla wrote:
i don't see why sherrod martin isn't starting. nakamura is so limited athletically i have to believe that martin can make a play on that ball. at least make it difficult on the wr.

I like martin back there alot better and that isnt saying a ton

boondock

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3428fanatic wrote:
rjkilla wrote:

I like martin back there alot better and that isnt saying a ton

Both have their quirks, but at this point I'm not opposed to seeing what Martin can do back there again. Martin took bad angles and was a liability in run support, poor tackler. Nakamura is better in run support and tackling, but horrible in coverage.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3428fanatic wrote:
iknowcool wrote:

TB- Martin 95yds
NO- Thomas 110yds (9 carries)
NYG-Brown 113yds (who???)
ATL- Turner 103 yds
You say our Dline and LBs are playing good? This D IMO is no where close to being good, don't get me wrong we have flashes but that is all
Moody

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really sad that Nakamura beat out Martin.

Question:

Since Rivera has gotten here, have any of the existing defensive players improved?

Good coaches make good players better, I haven't seen much of that. If anything I've seen more players regress. Maybe the talent wasn't there, but you'd expect some players to emerge.

Norman and Alexander seem to be promising. Kuechly is really getting by on his first round potential.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 14 of 17

Jump to: