Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4 GDT: TNF - Browns @ Rats
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Good
16%
 16%  [ 5 ]
Evil
45%
 45%  [ 14 ]
Hornby
38%
 38%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 31

Entropy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
the Ravens would be a longshot to make the playoffs after a 1-3 start.

that's not gonna happen.

fsubrowns9510 wrote:
0% chance Ravens start 1-3 given the fact that they are already 2-1.

Nice optimism though dude.

Fork

Stick

Done

Well, the Patriots were up 30-21 when I posted that. Now we can't even be spoilers.

Puncher's chance of knocking them down to .500 still exists, though.

Weeden needs to just make sure and not throw wherever Webb and Reed are, and it could happen. We'll just have to score 45, because their offense is capable of hanging 6 TDs on us.

Don't know the exact source, but I saw a sig on another forum and wanted to share:

"I despise the whole concept of the Baltimore Ravens. I wish the
Ravens high winds and muddy fields; I wish them empty roads to and from
the ballpark; I wish them cold hot dogs; I wish them nothing but bad."

All I would add is, I wish they would stop doing the "Seven Nation Army" chant. And so does Jack White, I'm sure.

Ed Reed will have bare minimum 2 picks and 1 will go the distance.

Good call. I mean he had no INTs on us last year, but he did have that pick 6 off of DA in 2008, so we should clearly expect it in every game.

It's not lke the guy is 34 and playing in probably his last season.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only good thing to ever come out of Baltimore was "The Wire".

Great show.

That's all I got for now.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
fsubrowns9510

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:

that's not gonna happen.

fsubrowns9510 wrote:

Fork

Stick

Done

Well, the Patriots were up 30-21 when I posted that. Now we can't even be spoilers.

Weeden needs to just make sure and not throw wherever Webb and Reed are, and it could happen. We'll just have to score 45, because their offense is capable of hanging 6 TDs on us.

Don't know the exact source, but I saw a sig on another forum and wanted to share:

All I would add is, I wish they would stop doing the "Seven Nation Army" chant. And so does Jack White, I'm sure.

Good call. I mean he had no INTs on us last year, but he did have that pick 6 off of DA in 2008, so we should clearly expect it in every game.

Seriously dude?

The guy owns us, at 34 he is still one of the best ball hawking safeties in the game.

07 - 1 pick
08 - 1 pick - td
09 - 1 pick
10 - 2 picks
11 - 0 picks.

The game will be well out of hand and Weeden will be forced to throw 40+ times. 2 of them are bound to end up in his hands.

Browns Forum HOF Member Class of 2011
dawgdish

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what's going to be more painful in this one, watching the Browns play or watching the scabs officiate.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dawgdish wrote:
I don't know what's going to be more painful in this one, watching the Browns play or watching the scabs officiate.

we need to game plan around the refs. ie throw a lot of deep balls. defensive PI will be called about 75% of the time.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatpig wrote:
dawgdish wrote:

we need to game plan around the refs. ie throw a lot of deep balls. defensive PI will be called about 75% of the time.

We did that against Buffalo. Didn't really work for us.
FLAbrownfan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatpig wrote:
dawgdish wrote:

I'm sorry, I don't blame the nfl in all this, the refs IMO are being greedy with this hold out- they make damn good money before all this for a job that does take a lot of skill, I couldn't do it, but one that only makes them work Part Time!!! They said on the radio how the league was about 50-70 million dollars apart with the refs- 120 refs, that's like half a million per ref. For a job that they study film for a few days and then work one day a week for what... 21 weeks out of the year -

The replacement refs are terrible, and we need the real ones out there.... I just think everyone is placing the blame on the league and not the refs.

R.I.P Crackburn, always in our hearts
adopt a Brown: Davone Bess - The best- one catch, one first down--- never mind person foul takes away! arrghhh Reg on the SIG
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLAbrownfan wrote:
fatpig wrote:
dawgdish wrote:

I'm sorry, I don't blame the nfl in all this, the refs IMO are being greedy with this hold out- they make damn good money before all this for a job that does take a lot of skill, I couldn't do it, but one that only makes them work Part Time!!! They said on the radio how the league was about 50-70 million dollars apart with the refs- 120 refs, that's like half a million per ref. For a job that they study film for a few days and then work one day a week for what... 21 weeks out of the year -

The replacement refs are terrible, and we need the real ones out there.... I just think everyone is placing the blame on the league and not the refs.

Absolutely agree on this... the official refs know they have all the leverage (especially after last night), so they're demanding everything including the kitchen sink without care that the 2012 season is a casualty. I'm sure the NFL is erring on the stingy side (surprise, surprise) but I still at least blame both parties. I can only imagine if the Browns were in the Packers shoes last night... bottlegate would look like a stroll through the park.
fte88

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
fsubrowns9510 wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
bungleodeon wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:

that's not gonna happen.

fsubrowns9510 wrote:

Fork

Stick

Done

It's not like the 34 year old guy who is "playing in probably his last season" already has 2 picks this season.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FLAbrownfan wrote:
fatpig wrote:
dawgdish wrote:

I thought the refs were being locked out by the owners.
candyman93

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What did you guys think about Craig Robertson at WILL?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
What did you guys think about Craig Robertson at WILL?

HE NEEDS TO BE STARTING!!!.

Really, the guy is doing great. It goes unoticed b/c WLB is probably the least important position on defense.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
FLAbrownfan wrote:
fatpig wrote:
dawgdish wrote:

I thought the refs were being locked out by the owners.

NFL referees are 119 part-time employees who make $8,000 a week.
Look at the demands being made of the referees: NFL owners want them to stop being part-time labor and instead work full-time for the league. Sounds great, except they want the refs to eliminate their other sources of income while taking a 16 percent cut in salary. They also want to eliminate their pensions and replace them with 401k plans tied to the stock market. Put simply, the owners line is less pay, less benefits, and if you don’t like it we’re locking the doors.
candyman93

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Young team on a short week on the road
- Baltimore owns the highest scoring offense in the AFC allowing the 3rd fewest points in the AFC
- 8 straight losses to Baltimore
- We opened as a 13 point underdog (aka over 4 Dawsons)

Lets just get this over with.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, we aren't such different fan bases, yours and ours. We know the feeling of losing a franchise as well.

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 2 of 64

Jump to: