Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Make A Movie Draft XV (Discussion Thread)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I should have thought of my story before drafting Laughing

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Greg_Jennings

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
I think I should have thought of my story before drafting Laughing

I usually start with a really rough idea of what I wanna do, an then iron out the details while im drafting

In the end, it wasn't guns or bombs that defeated the aliens. It was the humblest of all God's creatures, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
Greg_Jennings

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

come on guys, PM me your picks in advance if you wont be around. I think this is the most I've ever had to skip people.

In the end, it wasn't guns or bombs that defeated the aliens. It was the humblest of all God's creatures, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was thinking a LOT about my plot yesterday. Debating about the time era I should go with, and was leaning towards one area... and it hit me that I could do much better with the opposite direction.

I think it can turn out much better than I anticipated. Still putting the plot together in my head, but it's getting there.

^^ryknowssd^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sabotage Studios release for upcoming film House of Flynn: wrote:
From the director Martin Scorsese (Gangs of New York, Shutter Island, Taxi Driver) and Sabotage Studios (The World of Warcraft: Two Brothers) comes a saga for our generation. Staring Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Inception and The Dark Knight Rises) and Edward Norton (Fight Club, American History X) a film about two brothers living in two vastly different worlds. Taking place in 1930’s Boston, Gordon-Levitt is set to play the role of Ryan O’Flynn the youngest of two brothers, who drops out of school to make money for the family by becoming a low level enforcer to the O’Malley Family, however, his parents believe he is making an honest living on the docks. Norton is said to play the eldest brother, Henry, is the traditional Golden Boy growing up and is privileged to get into Harvard, where, when he graduates, goes into the FBI. However, when their world’s collide after the murder of Henry’s wife (Kate Winslet) it is up to the patriarch of the O’Flynn family (uncast) to step in and take control, however, how it ends, is all in his hands.

#JDI
Greg_Jennings

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Round 7 (coming up), begin taking two people everytime you are up

tinoynk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of feel bad because the roles I have in mind for del Toro and Bardem are kind of small, I didn't think they'd both still be around when it was late enough to cast their characters. But the little bit they are in is awesome, and they drive pretty much the entire plot.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tinoynk wrote:
I kind of feel bad because the roles I have in mind for del Toro and Bardem are kind of small, I didn't think they'd both still be around when it was late enough to cast their characters. But the little bit they are in is awesome, and they drive pretty much the entire plot.

del Toro was my upcoming pick, so good selection.

Yeah, it's crazy how star-packed our films will be.

^^ryknowssd^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
tinoynk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
tinoynk wrote:

Yea I like the star distribution in my cast. The guys filling my main roles usually have smaller roles, and the guys filling my more minor ones usually have bigger ones. But I think they work perfectly, especially since its kind of an ensemble cast and the story doesn't heavily focus on one character.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tinoynk wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
tinoynk wrote:

Yea I like the star distribution in my cast. The guys filling my main roles usually have smaller roles, and the guys filling my more minor ones usually have bigger ones. But I think they work perfectly, especially since its kind of an ensemble cast and the story doesn't heavily focus on one character.

I think i did a decent job leveling out my cast. I'd say my main characters are

Emily Mortimer - Olivia Bell - Lead
Maisie Williams - Callie Bell
Tom Hardy - Milo
???? - Lewis Bell
Daniel Day Lewis - Caleb Newberry - antagonist
Marion Cotillard - Maria Newberry - antagonist

With minor roles being given to

Nick Offerman - Captain Stewart
Julianne Moore - Eva
and others I have yet to cast

BirdsFan06050

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a couple of incredible actors still left, but unfortunately my last main(ish) role had to be a younger actor.

Still very pleased to add Affleck nevertheless.
"There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows; and the book says we may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."
Greg_Jennings

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

House Newberry
Directed by Darren Aronofsky

In the near future, a fishing boat carrying refugees from a deadly disease washes up on a strange island where a wealthy and charismatic man, along with his wife, and his wealthy benefactors, live in seclusion in fear of the disease. However the island holds more dangers than they know. This horror/drama follows the group, with several inter-cutting flashbacks.

Starring...

Emily Mortimer as Olivia Bell

Olivia escapes her disease-ridden country with her husband and 13 year-old daughter illegally aboard a friend-of-a-friend's fishing boat. She has a strained relationship with her husband, but is desperate to protect her daughter from catching the fatal disease that is rocking the world. Her husband, Lewis, was a high-ranking member of the UK CDC, and before giving up hope, he was working on creating a vaccine against the disease.

Maisie Williams as Callie Bell

Callie is Olivia's daughter. She is deaf, but inept at reading lips. Her mother learned sign language, but her father was always to busy to get a grip on it. Her parents work to escape the mainland with her, in order to protect her from a deadly disease sweeping across the globe. Being deaf has made her a very isolated person. She is constantly running off on her own and getting into trouble. Once on the island, she meets Mr. Newberry with the rest of the group. She is surprised to learn that he knows sign language, which causes her to enjoy his company.

Tom Hardy as Milo Thompson

An old friend of Olivia's husband, Lewis. He harbors a deep resentment for Lewis for something that happened while Lewis was working at the UK CDC on a vaccine. However, he chooses to help Lewis escape because he is also in love with his wife, Olivia. He holds a resentment against Lewis from during his work on a vaccine. Milo asked Lewis for a vaccine for his sister. Lewis told Milo that he could get one for him, but not for his sister. He gave Milo the vaccine kit, and Milo took it home to his sister. He gave her the vaccine, but a week later, she started having serious side effects. She died of complications from the vaccine shortly after. Milo is even more upset to find out later, that Lewis had never even taken the vaccine himself. He had realized it wouldn't work, but decided to hand out several of them as to test them on people.

Nick Offerman as Captain Tom Stewart

Captain Stewart, as he calls himself, commands a fishing boat. While in the UK, his ship gets put on lockdown as the country puts halts on international travel. As payment for an old debt, Stewart helps Milo get him and the Bell family out of the country. Their plan is to sail south, away from the spread of the disease. He is a very hard man, he is honest, but not afraid to act when he feels he needs to. He is one of the first members of the group to distrust the Newberys.

Daniel Day-Lewis as Caleb Newberry

the man in charge at the mansion. He commands a room, and can beat anyone in a debate. He is, however, extremely terrified of the plague. When his son died, he took his wife, and several other wealthy benefactors, and established a self-sustaining mansion complex on an unnamed island. He proves to be very two-faced, at times he is very cool and rational, but he takes things to very extreme levels at times. He is extremely defensive when he feels like his island community is being threatened.

Marion Cotillard as Maria Newberry

Caleb's french wife. She proves to be extremely deceitful and dangerous, and manages to seduce Lewis to suit her paranoid schemes. She is desperate to get control over him, as she sees him as the last hope at getting her a vaccine. She seems to be completely unpredictable, and she doesn't think things through before acting rashly.[/quote]

Julianne Moore as Eva Simon

Eva is the trophy wife of Rick Simon, a wealthy investor of House Newberry. To Olivia, she seems like one of the friendliest people there. She comes to Olivia later in the film distressed. She thinks that Maria killed her husband, and claims to have seen her doing it.

Last edited by Greg_Jennings on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken links, broken links everywhere Wink

^^ryknowssd^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
Greg_Jennings

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:

really? they're loading for me.

RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greg_Jennings wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

really? they're loading for me.

Maisie and Tom aren't showing up.

^^ryknowssd^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: