Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4: Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Washington Redskins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
TLSkins wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
TLSkins wrote:
I had more confidence that Cundiff was going to make that kick, even with all of those misses, than I would have with Gano. Cundiff has been pretty solid without this performance today (and his 2 57+ yard fg tries); I don't know why people are wanting him out already.
if he didn't make that kick, I was ready to move on, but I am definitely more confident with Cundiff taking a game winning kick than Gano. Gano missed several possible game winners

And made several as well.

And enabled us to stay in quite a few games (i.e. - the Cards game last year - only reason we were in that game was he went 4 for 4).
It doesn't metter how many field goals you make if you can't make it when it really matters -- Gano has choked way too many times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nURz04Y9s8
Shocked wow! Is that news? I've never seen that kick before Rolling Eyes

You saw the game winner today right? In the end that's what matters. He came through when we needed him
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TLSkins wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
TLSkins wrote:
I had more confidence that Cundiff was going to make that kick, even with all of those misses, than I would have with Gano. Cundiff has been pretty solid without this performance today (and his 2 57+ yard fg tries); I don't know why people are wanting him out already.
if he didn't make that kick, I was ready to move on, but I am definitely more confident with Cundiff taking a game winning kick than Gano. Gano missed several possible game winners

And enabled us to stay in quite a few games (i.e. - the Cards game last year - only reason we were in that game was he went 4 for 4).

It doesn't metter how many field goals you make if you can't make it when it really matters -- Gano has choked way too many times.

Do I really have to go back and show how many games Gano won for us?

It's more than the two Cundiff has won for us.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Do I really have to go back and show how many games Gano won for us?

It's more than the two Cundiff has won for us.
sure. Larger sample size. That happens when you kick for a team for two seasons and 4 games
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lavar703

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
TLSkins wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
TLSkins wrote:

You saw the game winner today right? In the end that's what matters. He came through when we needed him

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at how thick-headed you can be sometimes...

We basically cut Gano for a guy who is just as wild and has a less powerful leg, it's mind-boggling...
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
TLSkins wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
TLSkins wrote:

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at how thick-headed you can be sometimes...

We basically cut Gano for a guy who is just as wild and has a less powerful leg, it's mind-boggling...

I agree with the bolded.

And Turtle, that sample size is larger because Gano was with us longer. Sorry, but Cundiff is going to have to go against that. If he wants to not be compared to Gano, he needs to start doing better than Gano did. Right now, he isn't.

And TLskins, it DOES matter how many you make. He doesn't make any of the 4 kicks against the Cards last year and we lose the game. So he kicked essentially 4 game winners that game.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
Blknite01

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was very happy to say my first Redskins game was a Win. So much fun.
Slateman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, the headsets mysteriously broke on the final drive and RG3 called most of the plays himself.

Which makes sense. Looked a little too good for Shanny Jr ... Laughing
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:
Apparently, the headsets mysteriously broke on the final drive and RG3 called most of the plays himself.

Anyone else think its a little too convenient that the headsets went out on that last drive?

THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Slateman wrote:

Anyone else think its a little too convenient that the headsets went out on that last drive?

Hmm,you think Mike had something to do with it? Shocked

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-1 Tackle
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
Slateman wrote:

Hehe...no, I think that its eerily reminiscent of the allegations against the Patriots when playing at their stadium, the visiting teams have "problems" with their communications equipment at inconvenient times.

Blknite01

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
Slateman wrote:

Hehe...no, I think that its eerily reminiscent of the allegations against the Patriots when playing at their stadium, the visiting teams have "problems" with their communications equipment at inconvenient times.

It also may be just a scheme to boost RG3's legend =p.
THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
Slateman wrote:

Embarassed Oh,either way,RG3 wont be stopped! Twisted Evil

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-1 Tackle
Slateman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
Slateman wrote:

Santana Moss said it happens all the time in the NFL. I assume we do the same thing to visitors.

My point was that RG3 called the plays on the final drive. And he did it better than Kyle had the previous two series.
Brian23

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blknite01 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
Slateman wrote:

It also may be just a scheme to boost RG3's legend =p.

Nah. There was a point you clearly saw Griff signaling to the side he couldn't hear anything and what he should do. I think I just saw someone wave him along to let him do his thing.
rizzy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cundiff is 2/3 so far in the 4th(not counting that disaster of a choice to kick the 62 yarder) To pull 2 quotes from e in the initial signing thread.

"Finally, the conception people seem to have of Cundiff as a "choker" appears to be based solely on the miss last season against NE. Over the past 3 regular seasons, he is 9/9 on FGs kicked when the game was "late and close" (as defined by Yahoo!). In fact, he hasn't missed a regular season kick in the 4th quarter or OT at all since returning to the NFL in 2009."

"Which leaves us with the playoff kick. Including that miss, he's 12/14 (86%) as a postseason kicker, and he was riding an 11 consecutive playoff FGM streak until that kick.
"
If Gano is so great why has no one else picked him up surely someone else would have seen his hidden potential. He is 56% on 30-39 yard kicks, also is 50% on game winners within 52 yards.

Yesterday was a pretty awful performance by Cundiff(although he made it with the game on the line) but lets see what he can do he has been a consistent clutch kicker the last few years.
NHL-Capitals

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 20 of 21

Jump to: