Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tyler Bray
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of talent, but when things go down hill he just shrinks.
matt2roddy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn it!! The Georgia Tennessee game got turned off here in California because of golf! And it was getting really good too!!! Evil or Very Mad Mad

My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
jrry32

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bray just doesn't look good to me. The guy doesn't look anything like a 1st round QB.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
BurheadTitans

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Bray just doesn't look good to me. The guy doesn't look anything like a 1st round QB.

As a Vol fan he really makes me wonder some times. At the start of the season I for sure thought he'd go to the NFL early but now I'm not so sure. He has all the talent in the world to be a good QB but lacks mental toughness. He beats up on the weaker teams and goes into a shell against good teams. He still hasn't started a full season and hasn't beaten a quality opponent yet. He might go pro but I think he needs to come back for his senior year.
Baseball: Cincinnati Reds

Tennessee Titans (FFMD 2014) Offensive Coordinator
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a lot of things to like about Tyler Bray, his size, his arm strength, and the fact that he's coming out of a pro-style system. But he doesn't have the mental capacity, at least not yet, to handle the quarterback position at the NFL level. He gets rattled far to easily and makes terrible decisions with the football when the pressures on. He also needs to work on his mechanics, particularly his footwork and his release, before he's a sure fire first round draft pick. The potential is there it's just a question of if he's willing to put in the work to be great or not.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't think Bray has it mentally. The instincts the intangibles. The ability to Read a defense and poor pocket awareness. He'll get recognition bc of the rocket attached to his shoulder bit that's all he's got.
Meco

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said it in the QB comparison thread, athletically and mechanically he's Byron Leftwhich but he's got the on field demeanor and carelessness of Jay Cutler (which can be a good thing). Incredible arm, ideal height but his mechanics (throwing and footwork) are really bad, accuracy is super spotty, struggles without a clean pocket and he has a bad habit of coming up short when it matters. Tennessee doesn't even ask him to throw an entire route tree, they throw like a million post routes and go routes a game. And his off field issues are troubling as he's gotten into some trouble with alcohol and from all accounts he's a pretty egotistical, frat type guy who gives me a Matt Leinart vibe off the field.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd disagree with Leftwich, his wind-up and release remind me more of Philip Rivers as a prospect. Rivers had that same hitch that ended up getting worked out of his release in the NFL and had a similar arm angle to it with the same awkward type feel of it all. Bray's issue is the hitch in his motion and that's coachable. Leftwich had a freaking windmill of a wind-up. It wasn't a hitch, it was his entire wind-up that was the issue. Like I said, if you watched Rivers in college, him and Bray have a similar throwing motion. They both have a whip-like delivery. Like Rivers, Bray's release can be sped up some.

My issue with Bray is that he doesn't have anywhere near the accuracy, pocket presence or mental toughness/maturity that Rivers had. I mean, yea, Rivers is an arrogant SOB but it doesn't hinder his play. With Bray, it does. When faced with adversity, he crumbles.

Meco

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ball never ends up at Rivers' hip. Bray's mechanics are a notch above Tebow's. They're bad.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
The ball never ends up at Rivers' hip. Bray's mechanics are a notch above Tebow's. They're bad.

Watch Rivers at NC State then get back to me.

AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bray's stats against good defenses are eye opening. Didn't get a chance to watch the Georgia vs. Tennessee game yet, but should I expect more of the same??
BurheadTitans

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Bray's stats against good defenses are eye opening. Didn't get a chance to watch the Georgia vs. Tennessee game yet, but should I expect more of the same??

Three straight turn overs on our last three drives to end the game. The first two of which we had had enough time to score. The last one was him just trying to make a play with 15 seconds left.
Baseball: Cincinnati Reds

Tennessee Titans (FFMD 2014) Offensive Coordinator
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bray is better then mallet he has a quicker release nd much lighter feet then mallet. Jay cutler is more like it. bray leadership improved alot yesterday he was erratic at times but was showing good leadership
Reality_Check

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the field he's Ryan Mallett, with worse mechanical issues. Poor footwork when you move him off his spot. Varying release points, he's potentially elevated by having two phenomenal WRs as well.

Wouldn't take a chance on him until the late second round.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really dislike Bray as a prospect. Has tons of talent, I can't see him tapping into it. Maybe its just me, but there is something about his release that seems off to me. Maybe his stance is open, or he winds the ball a bit before he throws it, but it looks quirky. His accuracy is horrendous. The only time he seems capable of hitting a receiver is when they are 40+ yards downfield. Have him ranked 6th and falling

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: