Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Three Weeks In - The Biggest Problem Is ___________
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Three Weeks In - The Biggest Problem Is ___________ Reply with quote

What is the biggest issue facing the Dolphins in your estimation after 3 weeks of play?

I think the WR position is our biggest problem. Then again, that was totally predictable with the departure of Marshall and the Dolphins ignoring the position in the off season.

Beyond that I'd say pass rush. We need to get much more pressure on the QB if we hope to be in these games.

With that said, the team is not without positives. We will see how well we can do with no Reggie Bush for a couple of weeks. That should tell us a lot about Tannehill.
phinmun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggest problem is that we're playing Odrick as a pass-rushing DE which he's not good at. If we had player who could rush the passer on both sides the fact that our S's and CB's are average wouldn't be a big deal and our run defense would be a much more important stat.

Right now, we stop the run but it doesn't matter because we can't pressure opposing QBs enough to take the heat off of our weakest and most unreliable guys, our secondary. This leads to a team that must put pressure on a young, developing offense with a young, developing QB.

If there's one position that's making a difference, it's the DE spot opposite Wake. Vernon and Odrick are not getting to the opposing QBs, plain and simple. That probably won't change through the course of this season either which is what really makes it bad.

Our offense put up 30 on Oakland (who beat Pittsburgh btw) and 20 on the Jets. That side of the ball is doing fine. We'll get a shiny, new WR in April.
xXxHOUSEDxXx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say our biggest problem is that we are bad at football.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pass rush is not effective. Pass protection seems like at least its had some improvement but the pass rush just flat sucks. Sanchez had all the time in the world on most plays and the fact that him and his receivers suck bailed us out a lot of times.

FF Member #67
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our biggest problem is the same problem we had last year and the year before we dont have playmakers on the outside and no real threat at TE at a time in the league where TE dominate.

I continue to see people posting about how our CB'S are terrible and i dont see it, we are holding opposing QB to a 75 rating 3rd best in the league. they could be better but are not a problem especially once again with no pass rush. Every corner in this league gives up catches and touchdowns. We are also getting our share of picks somehing we have not done much of in the past.

I agree with above Odrick is simply not a 43 end he is a very good 34 end and possibly 43 DT. We need some linebackers who can get some sacks from time to time

One thing i love is you simply can not run on us
phinmun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:

One thing i love is you simply can not run on us

Yeah, but you can throw on our defense in the 2nd half and that's what loses games to good QBs.

As far our CBs, they're average. Nobody's saying they suck, they're just average. They're not bad. They're just not good enough to scare anyone and they don't lock anyone down for more than a play. They make one good play then turn around and leave someone wide open.

They're average and so they'll need an above-average pass rush not to get picked on. So far, Marshall is getting flagged and Smith can't stop opposing WRs from getting separation. Jones has looked good at S but Clemons is not making any difference at all.

Nothing impressive about that group aside from Jones' stout play thus far.

This week we face the Arizona Cardinals, an undefeated team with a very good WR corp. I'm interested to see how our pass defense fairs.
RealMetalFan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our biggest problem is that one offseason is not enough to implement the changes between our new offensive system (which is polar opposite from what we ran before) with a new coordinator and a new rookie QB.

That right there is Catrinel Menghia, hottest woman who ever lived, soon to be Catrinel Alexander if she isn't careful.
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RealMetalFan wrote:
Our biggest problem is that one offseason is not enough to implement the changes between our new offensive system (which is polar opposite from what we ran before) with a new coordinator and a new rookie QB.

I don't think anyone is questioning that. The question is, how is that implementation going and where are we falling short?
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll say it again, we need a WR that can get open and be consistently reliable. Than we need a pass rusher to compliment wake and help Wake and the other DL get to the QB a half a step quicker.

When i was watching the game I noticed our DL was about a half a step late a lot. If there is another pass rushing threat, our DL will face more one on one match ups and possibly get to the QB in time and force a bad throw or get a sack.

Give this team pass rush and watch the secondary force more turnovers.

Give this offense a Wide Receiver and you will see an offense with explosive playmaking.

That will be what we get in the off season more than likely. Than you have to give the team time to gel and build chemistry. There are certain fans that will say we are a bad team but not realize that chemistry between the coaching staff and the team is our biggest issue right now.

UniversalAuthor
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll say it again, we need a WR that can get open and be consistently reliable. Than we need a pass rusher to compliment wake and help Wake and the other DL get to the QB a half a step quicker.

When i was watching the game I noticed our DL was about a half a step late a lot. If there is another pass rushing threat, our DL will face more one on one match ups and possibly get to the QB in time and force a bad throw or get a sack.

Give this team pass rush and watch the secondary force more turnovers.

Give this offense a Wide Receiver and you will see an offense with explosive playmaking.

That will be what we get in the off season more than likely. Than you have to give the team time to gel and build chemistry. There are certain fans that will say we are a bad team but not realize that chemistry between the coaching staff and the team is our biggest issue right now.

UniversalAuthor
ukdolfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are areas that can be improved but realistically the D is fine. The running game (short passing to RBs) overall has gone well.

The team needs to acquire (hopefully draft) a leading receiver this offseason, but that is a long term measure.

I've been impressed by a lot of what Tannehill has done and how he has progressed so far this season. But in terms of what can be done during this season to improve the team Tannehill's ability to time and link up with Hartline/Armstrong over the top will make the biggest difference this season. e.g. there were a few balls yesterday which were slightly overthrown over Hartline.

On the plus side - those throws are being thrown well ie. with a nice arc to allow the receiver to make an adjustment rather than being thrown flat like Henne used to try.

^ Jamison on the sig.
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggest issue has got to be the passing game. Rookie QB, inconsistent pass protection, and a very poor group of receivers don't add up to success.

The pass rush hasn't been great as they simply haven't finished and sometimes give the QB far too much time, but I think with an improved offense, you'd see the defense looking far better as well. Our inability to pile up points will allow opposing offenses to feel far more comfortable.

I think we need to find out whether Tannehill is worth betting our future on this year, and if so, get him receivers.
Deadeye

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Three Weeks In - The Biggest Problem Is ___________ Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
What is the biggest issue facing the Dolphins in your estimation after 3 weeks of play?

I think the WR position is our biggest problem. Then again, that was totally predictable with the departure of Marshall and the Dolphins ignoring the position in the off season.

Beyond that I'd say pass rush. We need to get much more pressure on the QB if we hope to be in these games.

With that said, the team is not without positives. We will see how well we can do with no Reggie Bush for a couple of weeks. That should tell us a lot about Tannehill.
I agree with these two. WR/TE and OLB/DE need to be upgraded the most.
cddolphin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without reading the rest of the thread, I'd say our biggest problem is hands down WR. I still don't understand the BMarsh trade... I mean I do, but I also don't. You know? Yeah.
Maddogg

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The biggest problem I saw in week three was pistachios. I bought a big bag for the game and wouldn't you know it, there were so many that were sealed shut.
Now i'm not talking about the ones with a little slit that you try to open and it gets stuck in your fingernail and when you try to open it, you end up peeling back your nail and your finger starts to bleed.

I mean the ones that are sealed shut and you need a hammer to open them, but when you use a hammer you end up smashing the nut into oblivion. That is a huge problem and until we can solve getting the nut without destroying it in the process I don't think we can talk about making the Super Bowl.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: