Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bills Cut P Brian Moorman; Signed by Cowboys
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TommyC376


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 10253
Location: Capital Wasteland
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Bills Cut P Brian Moorman; Signed by Cowboys Reply with quote

Quote:
Per multiple reports, the Bills will be releasing Moorman. Tim Graham of the Buffalo News reports that the Bills will be re-signing Powell.


Longest tenured Bills player gets cut during the season. Dumb move IMO. Ugh I am bummed.



http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/25/bills-give-brian-moorman-the-boot/


UPDATE: Signed by Cowboys

Quote:
Moorman, the veteran punter who was released by the Bills on Tuesday, has signed with the Cowboys on Wednesday, according to Tim Graham of the Buffalo News.


http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/26/cowboys-sign-ex-bills-punter-brian-moorman/
_________________


Last edited by TommyC376 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoneWithTheWind


Joined: 01 Jun 2012
Posts: 1316
Location: Planet Namek
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why???
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TommyC376


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 10253
Location: Capital Wasteland
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoneWithTheWind wrote:
Why???
No idea.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrDrew


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Apr 2008
Posts: 17509
Location: Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
GoneWithTheWind wrote:
Why???
No idea.


Rotoworld wrote:
Moorman was longest tenured member of the Bills. But through three games, his 32.7 net punting average ranked 30th in the NFL. Shawn Powell, an undrafted rookie out of Florida State, is expected to be re-signed as Moorman's replacement.


Still doesn't make sense to cut him now. If he was costing them games it would be understandable, but that hasn't happened.
_________________


"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Strawman Theory


Joined: 06 Jun 2012
Posts: 493
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably because he was terrible?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TommyC376


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 10253
Location: Capital Wasteland
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrDrew wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
GoneWithTheWind wrote:
Why???
No idea.


Rotoworld wrote:
Moorman was longest tenured member of the Bills. But through three games, his 32.7 net punting average ranked 30th in the NFL. Shawn Powell, an undrafted rookie out of Florida State, is expected to be re-signed as Moorman's replacement.


Still doesn't make sense to cut him now. If he was costing them games it would be understandable, but that hasn't happened.


Exactly, and to boot, Moorman is the only one who has done the holding for Xpts and FGs for as long as I can remember.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Notmyfault


Joined: 28 Nov 2009
Posts: 211
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
GoneWithTheWind wrote:
Why???
No idea.


Rotoworld wrote:
Moorman was longest tenured member of the Bills. But through three games, his 32.7 net punting average ranked 30th in the NFL. Shawn Powell, an undrafted rookie out of Florida State, is expected to be re-signed as Moorman's replacement.


Still doesn't make sense to cut him now. If he was costing them games it would be understandable, but that hasn't happened.


Exactly, and to boot, Moorman is the only one who has done the holding for Xpts and FGs for as long as I can remember.


Its not that hard to find someone on the roster to hold FGs...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TommyC376


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 10253
Location: Capital Wasteland
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notmyfault wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
GoneWithTheWind wrote:
Why???
No idea.


Rotoworld wrote:
Moorman was longest tenured member of the Bills. But through three games, his 32.7 net punting average ranked 30th in the NFL. Shawn Powell, an undrafted rookie out of Florida State, is expected to be re-signed as Moorman's replacement.


Still doesn't make sense to cut him now. If he was costing them games it would be understandable, but that hasn't happened.


Exactly, and to boot, Moorman is the only one who has done the holding for Xpts and FGs for as long as I can remember.


Its not that hard to find someone on the roster to hold FGs...


The point is, why find someone when Moorman for years and years was perfect holding for FGs, and is still a solid punter.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Notmyfault


Joined: 28 Nov 2009
Posts: 211
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Notmyfault wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
MrDrew wrote:
TommyC376 wrote:
GoneWithTheWind wrote:
Why???
No idea.


Rotoworld wrote:
Moorman was longest tenured member of the Bills. But through three games, his 32.7 net punting average ranked 30th in the NFL. Shawn Powell, an undrafted rookie out of Florida State, is expected to be re-signed as Moorman's replacement.


Still doesn't make sense to cut him now. If he was costing them games it would be understandable, but that hasn't happened.


Exactly, and to boot, Moorman is the only one who has done the holding for Xpts and FGs for as long as I can remember.


Its not that hard to find someone on the roster to hold FGs...


The point is, why find someone when Moorman for years and years was perfect holding for FGs, and is still a solid punter.


Because he is not a solid punter anymore...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TommyC376


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 10253
Location: Capital Wasteland
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notmyfault wrote:
Because he is not a solid punter anymore...


Please expand? Because he is argubally a top 10 punter in this league.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Remixxxxxxx


Joined: 06 Mar 2009
Posts: 12268
Location: E808 on the avi; P90 on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Notmyfault wrote:
Because he is not a solid punter anymore...


Please expand? Because he is argubally a top 10 punter in this league.


Probably because he's been awful this year, not hard to see. It's a what have you done for me lately league, and poor BM has wet the bed thus far.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Notmyfault


Joined: 28 Nov 2009
Posts: 211
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Notmyfault wrote:
Because he is not a solid punter anymore...


Please expand? Because he is argubally a top 10 punter in this league.


Based off what? This isn't 2006 anymore he is ranked in the bottom in almost all punting categories so far through 3 games and even last year he was near the bottom in punts inside 20 and net average.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1BackInBlackFan


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Posts: 6969
Location: Nanu-nanu, PA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll get picked up soon by someone even if he has had a poor three games so far.
_________________


Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the reigning MVP's sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marshawn lynch


Joined: 03 Mar 2008
Posts: 18182
Location: Syracuse NY
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was terrible sunday. I even posted about it during the game. Like the move. He isnt what he used to be.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 34597
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing left in the tank. Happy retirement.
_________________

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group