Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Source: John Abraham arrested
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coors

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Source: John Abraham arrested Reply with quote

Quote:
@ZachKleinWSB Another week, another #falcons arrest. John Abraham charged tonight w/ Obstruction of Police & of Fire Fighters.

Quote:
@ZachKleinWSB Per source, #falcons John Abraham is being taken to Fulton County jail to face misdemeanor charges of obstructing police

https://twitter.com/ZachKleinWSB

Only information so far about this.. Zach Klein is a pretty connected source so I believe the info he comes up with. This is from his twitter..

I'll update with any new info that comes out...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons-blog/2012/09/24/atlanta-police-arrest-falcons-defensive-end-john-abraham/

Quote:
Atlanta police arrested Falcons defensive end John Abraham tonight at Atlantic Station in Midtown.

John Chafee of the APD’s Public Affairs Unit said police charged Abraham with obstruction of police and obstruction of fire fighters. According to Chafee, police and fire firefighters were responding to a call about a woman threatening to jump from one of the buildings when Abraham refused to exit the scene.

Brick wall

so, it seems like there was a police situation going on, and Abe simply refused to leave, and he was arrested... that's not much at all..

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coors wrote:
Update:

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons-blog/2012/09/24/atlanta-police-arrest-falcons-defensive-end-john-abraham/

Quote:
Atlanta police arrested Falcons defensive end John Abraham tonight at Atlantic Station in Midtown.

John Chafee of the APD’s Public Affairs Unit said police charged Abraham with obstruction of police and obstruction of fire fighters. According to Chafee, police and fire firefighters were responding to a call about a woman threatening to jump from one of the buildings when Abraham refused to exit the scene.

Brick wall

so, it seems like there was a police situation going on, and Abe simply refused to leave, and he was arrested... that's not much at all..

Sounds like he was trying to help her. And that she was someone very close to him

2012 Adopt-A-Falcon

Jacquizz Rodgers #32
coors

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrimeyKid wrote:
coors wrote:
Update:

Quote:

Brick wall

Sounds like he was trying to help her. And that she was someone very close to him

exactly my thoughts.. I hate to believe that what he did was arrest worthy..

--

Quote:
According to the Atlanta Journal Constitution, the emergency workers were responding to a call about a woman who was threatening to jump from a building in midtown Atlanta. Abraham allegedly refused to leave the scene, and Atlanta police arrested him and charged him with the misdemeanors.

The woman did not jump and was not injured.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/20355194/report-falcons-de-john-abraham-arrested-charged-with-two-misdemeanors

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

@ZachKleinWSB #Falcons statement on Abe "We are in the process of gathering more information and we will have no further comment at this time"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhh. We have become the Lions for a week.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw the police. Abe didn't do anything. #PoliceSuck

My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a formality. he was asked to leave. they have to arrest him. However, he should be let off similar to the Babineaux dog killing case.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
falcfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its all good, that just means he will have 3 sacks next game
SpicyMcHaggis

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

so, you don't know the whole story and so you make a jackass statement like that.
tech2186

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are being real tight lipped on any reasoning. However, I don't see any punishment coming down for this mishap.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
adam9

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpicyMcHaggis wrote:
Quote:

so, you don't know the whole story and so you make a jackass statement like that.

Either

A- you're a cop

Or

B- you've never had to deal with the police for a long period of time

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is absolutely nothing. Hard to believe people are even giving this story any traction. If Abe didn't know the woman and was being belligerent after being asked nicely to move back, I can agree with the arrest. If not, then the police should have handled it differently. We just don't know what actually happened.

Regardless, this isn't a big deal. No way you can equate this to Turner driving drunk and going well above the speed limit. It's not even in the same ballpark.
kja92

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
SpicyMcHaggis wrote:
Quote:

Either

A- you're a cop

Or

My sentiments exactly. Police have a tendency to abuse their power. I've had TWO friends get beat by the cops for no reason at all and charged with a felony. One of my friends got kicked out of school and had his life ruined because of it.

Im not saying all police are currupt just a very large percentage of them. This probably was the case in Abraham's mishap
adam9

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kja92 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
SpicyMcHaggis wrote:
Quote:

Either

A- you're a cop

Or

My sentiments exactly. Police have a tendency to abuse their power. I've had TWO friends get beat by the cops for no reason at all and charged with a felony. One of my friends got kicked out of school and had his life ruined because of it.

Im not saying all police are currupt just a very large percentage of them. This probably was the case in Abraham's mishap

They tend to be that way when they are intimidated as well. Abe's a scary looking dude lol.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: