Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4: Titans @ Texans GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
Our Tight Ends are better. That is all.

Oh, and 48-13 Titans win.

How? Jared Cook is good no doubt, but Daniels has been good this season too. Their numbers this season so far are fairly similar. Taylor Thompson is his backup and he hasnt proven anything yet especially since he is still trying to convert from DE to TE. Our backup TE Garrett Graham (while in experienced) is better than Thompson.
At the very least it is a push.

I think if you factor in that Craig Stevens who is playing full back is kind of a TE, it no doubt makes the titans TE look better, at which case we can factor in James Casey, who doesnt have the stats this season but is very solid

Craig Stevens plays fullback for us? Thompson is our #2 TE?

At least you didn't flat-out kill off Stevens like the other guy in this quote tree did.

Man, learn something new about my team every day.

Oops. My bad, still doesnt factor in that you guys have a better TE corp than us.

Yea Stevens is the #2 TE. Not a FB at all. Quinn Johnson is the FB and he sucks. Thompson is the #3 TE. I think the only edge the Titans have at the moment are WR and TE. WR honestly is definitely in favor of the Titans. Yes, the Texans have AJ but that's basically it. The rest is a bunch of unknowns. WR is one of the Titans deepest positions. Britt, Washington, Wright, Williams, and Hawkins. Just overall better depth. Still wont matter though. Texans win 28-17

I agree that both positions may be close if you are drafting a fantasy team full of upside, but for all their talent and potential Britt has put together about 6 great games in 4 seasons and Cook has maybe 4 good ones in 4 seasons. Daniels may not be a sexy fantasy play, but he is good for 4 catches / 60 yards every week like clockwork vs. the Cook disappearing act and 40 of his 60 catches each season extend drives or set up 2nd and 3 where play action is so effective. Britt killed us on national TV a few years ago, so I have a healthy respect for what he is capable of, but I'm sorry you don't get credit for what "could have been" and what has been is a couple of 42 catch 700 yard seasons in 09 & 10 and stupidity since. Yep, Randy Moss was scary when you signed him two years ago too, but reality kicked in over fantasy just like it has with Britt. Now Nate Washington may be the most underrated WR in the NFL and the Titans drafting Kenny Britt may have been the low point of my draft life over the past few years since we didn't get him and I have to root against him, but there is more to the WR position than spectacular catches and 40 times and for what he is asked to do, Kevin Walter is spectacular in his own way and can occasionally catch you napping like this week. Maybe if Titans receivers would do more than run fly patterns down the field and help block the way Texans receivers do, the Titans could get a run game going. We'll see what Martin and Posey have to offer this week. However, Andre Johnson trumps any depth you can possibly offer and I don't see a Titans CB back there as good as Tracy Porter, better yet Champ Bailey and AJ played a BAD game last week.

Chew on this, the Titans 6 Wrs (Britt, Washington, Williams, Hawkins, Wright, Renaud) have a collective 6,000 yards total as Titans if you combine 18 seasons amongst them including the current one while AJ has 10,000 by himself in 10 seasons. 1 AJ trumps the Titans entire corps and has since 2003 (when Tyrone Calico was the next big thing). Potential doesn't pay the bills (or win games).

Initially, I only addressed one point, but there is so much wrong I had to delete that post and address this fully.

First off, did you really just take Cook's stats, and extrapolate them over the course of a season, rather than notice what actually happened (him turning it on late in teh season and this year) and see how he's taking over games?

http://www.nfl.com/player/jaredcook/71265/gamelogs?season=2011

Last season was his 'breakout' year. He'd been known as a freak TE, but could never really put it together to get on the field. However, last year he showed bursts, then really showed what he could do at the end of the season. Last week, he was well on his way again before he landed badly on his shoulder making a great catch over the middle.

Britt has only been limited by injuries. His stupidity has cost him one game (week 1), where he probably wouldn't have done much anyway. So for as much as you are downtalking him, he's a gamechanger, you can't deny that.

Washington... he ain't pretty, but he can do the job. Every once in a while he'll drop easy ones, but he showed he can step up last year, and if you didn't see his touchdown catch this past week, I'd suggest you go view it. It's amazing, and you'll change your pants after.

Then there's the "fly routes"... well, let's just say a brick wall has more knowledge about the Titans' receiver routes than you do. And we'll leave it at that.

They can also block, FYI. That doesn't count for crap when the OL doesn't block, but meh.

Again, I laugh at how you believe one single player trumps an entire WR corp.

Last week, we held Calvin Johnson (A better Johnson than Andre Johnson) to 1 catch for 7 yards in the first half. Now, in the second, our defensive coordinator decided to go full retard (Never go full retard - Kirk Lazarus) and played soft zone, allowing Calvin to tear us up.

Still, when we played man and actual coverage, we limited the best receiver in the game. If you don't think we can do that against Andre, especially with an inferior WR corps compared to the Lions, then you are sadly delusional.

I am also heavily amused that you decide to factor in career stats when comparing players, as though Andre's career numbers will be the deciding factor in a single game. Hell, if we're going off by those, then I am going to ring up Brett Favre, LDT, Rice and Bruce and just "dominate" the Texans.

Good day to you, sir.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ Oh, this should be fun. Laughing

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always get a good lulz or two when people use the past to evaluate a game this year. What happened prior to this season has nothing to do with right now, why anyone ever tries to compare the two(unless it's something like comparing a players season to a player in the past) is beyond me.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
I always get a good lulz or two when people use the past to evaluate a game this year. What happened prior to this season has nothing to do with right now, why anyone ever tries to compare the two(unless it's something like comparing a players season to a player in the past) is beyond me.

By your logic, Cook and Daniels should be a push then. Why your boy Ruskie said the Titans TE's are better than ours?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Titans are not better at ANY position compared to Houston.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

By your logic, Cook and Daniels should be a push then. Why your boy Ruskie said the Titans TE's are better than ours?

I think Cook and Daniels are a push, yes.

My "boy" ruskie? lol

Ruskie's opinion is his own, I don't own him or control his opinions. If I did, he'd get rid of that Michael Griffin signature and stop spouting about how "great" Griffin is. Laughing
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

My "boy" ruskie? lol

Ruskie's opinion is his own, I don't own him or control his opinions. If I did, he'd get rid of that Michael Griffin signature and stop spouting about how "great" Griffin is. Laughing

Dang, I didnt know yall throw Ruskie under the bus like that. haha Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:
Texansfan713 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

My "boy" ruskie? lol

Dang, I didnt know yall throw Ruskie under the bus like that. haha Laughing

He's essentially a tolerated troll. Anyone who takes him seriously doesn't know him very well. Laughing

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
kamikazepants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:

At least give us our Special teams Laughing

I think it's fair to say that the Titans special teams have been better than Houston's this year.

Houston has every other position on lockdown though. Especially defense.
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:

I wouldn't say that. I say we have a better kicker and punter. Laughing
jargin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game is going to be like the video for Gangnam Style...

Totally awesome.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
-Hope-

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jargin wrote:

Totally awesome.

Especially if Kenny Britt, Jared Cook, and Colin McCarthy are all out, which there is a chance of. Should that happen, I'm pretty certain we'll get ROFLstomped. Sad

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:

And Houston is located in the state of Oklahoma.

Look, I can spout nonsense too! Laughing

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
VYoung10

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:

Kicker?

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jargin wrote:

Totally awesome.

So, who's gonna be the first NFL player to do that dance after scoring a TD? You KNOW it's coming. This is the Macerena of this generation.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 3 of 21

Jump to: