Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Week 4 - MNF - Chicago (2-1) @ Dallas (2-1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The scary part is these teams are almost identical.

Really Good Defenses that can sack the QB.

Really inconsistent offenses with tons of weapons and talent at QB.

No OL what so ever.

Both offenses are playing well below expectations.

I really think this game comes down to big plays on defense, which Romo and Cutler are prone to provide, and what team can get any rhythm going on offense.

I think this ends 19-16 for someone.
dahobofest

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:
This is going to be another ugly game I'm afraid for the Cowboys. Both offensive lines suck, both QBs are getting killed, and both defenses have been very stingy thus far. The Bears have the advantage on the defensive line but I think Dallas has the better LBs. Dallas has a better WR core, but Chicago has the better RBs.

Should be a physical, ugly game. I am going to watch the previous Bears games later this week so hopefully I'll have a little more to add later on.

How do the Bears have better RBs? Michael Bush vs Demarco Murray?

In reality, this game will not come down to either runningbacks or wide receivers, but offensive lines instead.
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:
This is going to be another ugly game I'm afraid for the Cowboys. Both offensive lines suck, both QBs are getting killed, and both defenses have been very stingy thus far. The Bears have the advantage on the defensive line but I think Dallas has the better LBs. Dallas has a better WR core, but Chicago has the better RBs.

Should be a physical, ugly game. I am going to watch the previous Bears games later this week so hopefully I'll have a little more to add later on.

How do the Bears have better RBs? Michael Bush vs Demarco Murray?

In reality, this game will not come down to either runningbacks or wide receivers, but offensive lines instead.

I thought it was pretty obvious but let me clarify. I was assuming Matt Forte would be back for this game as early reports indicated was a possibility. And yes, if Forte plays in this game, I give their RBs an edge. At this point in their careers (obviously early for Murray), Forte is a more accomplished back than Murray.

And Bush>>>>Garfield Jones

But I agree with you, its going to come down to whose Oline protects their Pinatas better.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, after rewatching the game, I thought Tyron Smith did a much much better job this week than the first 2 weeks. Was he perfect? Not by a long shot. But he was by far the best Olineman against Tampa and significantly improved from Week 1 and week 2. Hopefully this is just a sign that he is getting more comfortable over there at LT. Just have to cut down the false starts man!!

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What will be greater: Number of sacks by both teams or number of penalties by both teams?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.theonion.com/articles/bears-offensive-coordinator-working-on-innovative,29482/

I thought this would be relevant to this thread's interests.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love when GDTs finally get started up...

Really worried about what Henry Melton is going to do to our interior offensive line.

Really worried about which team the refs are paid to help win.

Ill have more later, but that's what came to mind first.

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheStarStillShines wrote:
What will be greater: Number of sacks by both teams or number of penalties by both teams?

The Cowboys alone are good for 10 penalties a game. Therefore, I would lean heavily toward penalties.

DaBoys

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ace5 wrote:
http://www.theonion.com/articles/bears-offensive-coordinator-working-on-innovative,29482/

I thought this would be relevant to this thread's interests.

Laughing

I heard Berninduece, and Ryan Cook stayed late Tuesday to practice falling backwards.

Mackenzy Bernadeau wrote:
"It's really hard to get the game-like reps during the week. So many things go in to me getting knocked on my [inappropriate/removed] during a game; it's hard to simulate it at practice." He informed, "... Yeah (Ryan Cook) is solid. ...(we have) been working hard at getting blown off the line. We stay after practice to get the extra reps. One of us will drive an average Chevy truck into the other, making the Chevy truck look like an all pro, and hopefully sends the other flying backwards into Tony Romo. That's the best way to get a game-like feel during practice. We feel good about it right now."

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
Cicero

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Cicero wrote:
Okay, so I was premature or something but I just saw this:

Quote:
Report: Forte likely to sit Week 4: CBSSports.com NFL Insider Jason La Canfora reports Bears running back Matt Forte, who sat out Week 3 with an ankle injury, is likely to sit out again Week 4 at Dallas. According to a team source, the Bears are working out free agent running back Ryan Grant Tuesday.
(Updated 9/25/12)

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/559687/matt-forte

Interesting to say the least, and bodes really well for us. Sucks for me in Fantasy though. Sad
La Canfora is making a huge leap based on the Bears looking to upgrade #3 or #4 on the roster.

For Fantasies sake I hope you're right, but I have to say, you've got to be the most optimistic Bears fan I've ever seen. You always seems to find a way to somehow twist something into CHI's favor or put into a positive light. Laughing

Wondering where I can apply for the DCRA?
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cicero wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Cicero wrote:

Quote:
Report: Forte likely to sit Week 4: CBSSports.com NFL Insider Jason La Canfora reports Bears running back Matt Forte, who sat out Week 3 with an ankle injury, is likely to sit out again Week 4 at Dallas. According to a team source, the Bears are working out free agent running back Ryan Grant Tuesday.
(Updated 9/25/12)

Interesting to say the least, and bodes really well for us. Sucks for me in Fantasy though. Sad
La Canfora is making a huge leap based on the Bears looking to upgrade #3 or #4 on the roster.

For Fantasies sake I hope you're right, but I have to say, you've got to be the most optimistic Bears fan I've ever seen. You always seems to find a way to somehow twist something into CHI's favor or put into a positive light. Laughing
Forte practiced today. And I'm a realist, I just get tired of everybody making us sound like a horrible team, so I can be a bit overzealous at times Laughing Laughing

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Cicero wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Cicero wrote:

Quote:
(Updated 9/25/12)

Forte practiced today. And I'm a realist, I just get tired of everybody making us sound like a horrible team, so I can be a bit overzealous at times Laughing Laughing

Sorry, Superman... you are in a realist free zone. Please check your realism at the door.

CT Cowboy Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheStarStillShines wrote:

I think the better question is What will be greater: Number of combined penalties or the under/over of the game?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More Passing Yards: Romo or Culter
More Rushing Yards: Murray/Jones or Forte/Bush
More Receptions: Dez/Miles or Marshall/Jeffery
More TDs: Witten or Davis
Sacked more: Romo or Cutler
More INTs: Dallas DB or Chi DB
More forced turnovers: Dallas Front Seven or Chi Front Seven
Most penalized team: Dallas or Chicago
Winner: Dallas or Chicago

Sig courtesy of mack.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could be a bad one for us. Good D with a good D line. Good running game. Hopefully we can pressure the heck out of Cutler, and gets some turnovers.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 2 of 40

Jump to: