Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Week 4 - MNF - Chicago (2-1) @ Dallas (2-1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two terrible OLs
Two great defenses
An elite RB vs a good one
A great QB vs an average one

I think penalties and turnovers decide this one and we just get too many of one and not enough of the other.

CHI - 23
DAL - 20

Gould wins it with a long bomb

Sig courtesy of mack.
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should be at this game, but i cant miss more than 3 days of school or I have to talk to the dean...and possibly get kicked out of my program....uggggh. I chose to use a couple days up already on a mule deer hunting trip.

^^Thanks to Kempes for the sig.^^
WindyCity

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is hilarious how neither can base has much faith because of their struggling offenses.

The Bears defense has been playing really well, but it is the DL that is playing on another level.

We have 15 sacks and consistent pressure as 7 DLmen have sacks and Wootton and McClellin have been spelling Peppers and Idonjie and collapsing the pocket.

I think this game comes down to what QB faces the pressure and plays the best, because there will be pressure.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
It is hilarious how neither can base has much faith because of their struggling offenses.

The Bears defense has been playing really well, but it is the DL that is playing on another level.

We have 15 sacks and consistent pressure as 7 DLmen have sacks and Wootton and McClellin have been spelling Peppers and Idonjie and collapsing the pocket.

I think this game comes down to what QB faces the pressure and plays the best, because there will be pressure.

The bears average 5 sacks per game. But, this is the first game that they face an offensive line like the Cowboys... which is basically the equivalent of 2 ply toilet paper. With a normal QB, the Bears defense could easily get 8+ sacks. Who knows, they may get that many anyway. But, Romo is elusive. The last 3 games, Romo has tried to hit the big play when he has escaped pressure. It worked great against the giants. Unfortunately, the receivers have dropped a lot of those passes the last 2 games and the opposing defenses were never forced to alter their scheme.

The cowboys offense will depend primarily on burning the Bears defense with big plays. If Dallas hits a few, it should cause the Bears to play a little more conservatively. If so, Dallas may be able to put 20+ points. If not, I doubt Dallas puts up more than 13-17 points and Cowboys fans will hold their breath every time Romo drops back for a pass.

I do see a couple intangibles this game. First, Brandon Marshall has played very well against the Cowboys in the past.

Second, Dallas could have a little revenge on their minds from 2010. The loss to the bears at home in 2010 really sent the Cowboys team spiraling down. It was a game that Dallas's defense started out playing really well. then, Cutler hit some deep passes. The defense literally never recovered. In a 1 year time frame, Dallas we from having one of the best pass defenses in 2009 to easily one of the worst in 2010.

Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

The bears average 5 sacks per game. But, this is the first game that they face an offensive line like the Cowboys... which is basically the equivalent of 2 ply toilet paper. With a normal QB, the Bears defense could easily get 8+ sacks. Who knows, they may get that many anyway. But, Romo is elusive. The last 3 games, Romo has tried to hit the big play when he has escaped pressure. It worked great against the giants. Unfortunately, the receivers have dropped a lot of those passes the last 2 games and the opposing defenses were never forced to alter their scheme.

The cowboys offense will depend primarily on burning the Bears defense with big plays. If Dallas hits a few, it should cause the Bears to play a little more conservatively. If so, Dallas may be able to put 20+ points. If not, I doubt Dallas puts up more than 13-17 points and Cowboys fans will hold their breath every time Romo drops back for a pass.

I do see a couple intangibles this game. First, Brandon Marshall has played very well against the Cowboys in the past.

Second, Dallas could have a little revenge on their minds from 2010. The loss to the bears at home in 2010 really sent the Cowboys team spiraling down. It was a game that Dallas's defense started out playing really well. then, Cutler hit some deep passes. The defense literally never recovered. In a 1 year time frame, Dallas we from having one of the best pass defenses in 2009 to easily one of the worst in 2010.
That would be a major, major problem. The Bears D is specifically designed to prevent big plays. We'll let you dink and dunk us all day, and make you go on a 12 play 80 yard drive to score, but if you are waiting to to take the top of the defense, you'll be waiting a long time, and then there's the whole having the time to take the top off the defense as the Bears will bring lots of pressure w/ just 4 guys.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
dahobofest

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

How is that relevant?
canadaluvsdalla

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

How is that relevant?

So did Vincent Jackson. But Last week didn't show that.

Jason Garrett wrote:
It's not about them, it's about us.
DaBoys

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dahobofest wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

How is that relevant?

Brandon Marshall plays for the bears now, Cowboy. And Vincent Jackson hasn't had the same level of success as Marshall against us.

Having said that, Terrence Newman is no longer with us. Newman is the one that Marshall torments.

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
waremd

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

They played the Packers O-Line which in my opinion is the equivalent of ours, 8 sacks allowed against Seattle, 6 against Bears. Bulaga looks alot like free, underachieving. So I think if Cutler had trouble against the Packers front, which I personally think ours is better right now. Then I think if we manage this game and limited mistakes we can pull it out, but it will not be easy.

^---Props to thesickness89 for the sig ---^
roysmyboy31

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These teams are very similar. Two strong Ds going up against inconsistent offense that have talent at skill positions, but have poor O-lines. The Bears don't give up many big plays, so we will probably have to grind out scoring drives. I think turnovers are going to decide a close, low-scoring game.
MLB: New York Yankees
College Basketball: NC State Wolfpack
Soccer: FC Bayern Munich
CT Cowboy Fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Division challenge:

More Passing Yards: Romo or Culter
More Rushing Yards: Murray/Jones or Forte/Bush
More Receptions: Dez/Miles or Marshall/Jeffery
More TDs: Witten or Davis
Sacked more: Romo or Cutler
More INTs: Dallas DB or Chi DB
More forced turnovers: Dallas Front Seven or Chi Front Seven
Most penalized team: Dallas or Chicago
Winner: Dallas or Chicago

Interesting fact:

Week 9 of last season Brandon Marshall had 8 catches for 106 and a score against the chiefs of which 4 catches for 36 yards and a score came against Brandon Carr.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2012/09/breaking-down-the-boys-brandon-carr-vs-brandon-marshall-film-study.html/

Last edited by CT Cowboy Fan on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Cowboys are 2-0 when Rick Carlisle attends Wednesday coaches meetings at Valley Ranch. He was there this week. Bet the house.

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/251766056308314112

That seems pretty conclusive.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Tibsy57

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any word on Ratliff's progress? I haven't heard much lately. With as well as the defense has been playing, I would imagine him healthy would only serve to add more pressure.
Tha King

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy win. Romo to Beasley for 500 yards in the first half.

Quote:
Any word on Ratliff's progress?

Likely out this game,hopefully the bye week will give him enough time to heal up and he'll be ready for Baltimore.
Slaymont Harris

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:

The bears average 5 sacks per game. But, this is the first game that they face an offensive line like the Cowboys... which is basically the equivalent of 2 ply toilet paper.

Both the Rams and Colts O-lines were banged up on top of being subpar, so I don't know about that. It's close though.

The Bears front 4 completely destroyed the Rams O-line, to where the Rams essentially had no shot to win the game. They could rush 4 and have 2 or 3 guys crushing Bradford while the safeties sat deep. I don't think it was really Bradford's fault that they couldn't do much on offense.

I think the biggest key to the game is whether Romo can escape pressure and then make clean throws. If he can do that somewhat consistently, I think the Cowboys will win.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 3 of 40

Jump to: