Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos LB Mays suspended for helmet-to-helmet hit
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brassglobos

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
brassglobos wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Joe_is_the_best wrote:
Yeah because you have indisputable proof that Mays was trying to send Schaub to the ER.

video evidence is pretty obvious

Evidently you don't know what indisputable means.

Mays wasn't trying to kill or injure Schaub. He made an illegal hit. If he wanted to seriously injure him, he could have easily launched himself up into Schaub's facemask instead of semi-running through him.

BTW, how the hell was Schaub allowed back into the game after ONE play. What was the concussion test? I thought the NFL was trying to protect players.

oh so you mean like he did?

And you lack reading comprehension too.

I said he ran through him instead of launching himself. If he wanted to "kill" him, he could have easily launched himself off the ground, up into his facemask. He didn't, he ran through him, hit him too high.

And again I ask, why was he in after taking one play off when he spent a minuted on the ground holding his head and rolling around? I thought they were all about "player safety"
nagahide13

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously the Texan's training staff is to blame here.

That hit was ridiculously vicious and unnecessary. He hit him as hard as he possibly could, and he hit him in the face. I can't fathom how anyone could possibly say otherwise. If he leaves the ground, he loses force on the hit.
amazingandre

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brassglobos wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
brassglobos wrote:
amazingandre wrote:
Joe_is_the_best wrote:
Yeah because you have indisputable proof that Mays was trying to send Schaub to the ER.

video evidence is pretty obvious

Evidently you don't know what indisputable means.

Mays wasn't trying to kill or injure Schaub. He made an illegal hit. If he wanted to seriously injure him, he could have easily launched himself up into Schaub's facemask instead of semi-running through him.

BTW, how the hell was Schaub allowed back into the game after ONE play. What was the concussion test? I thought the NFL was trying to protect players.

oh so you mean like he did?

And you lack reading comprehension too.

I said he ran through him instead of launching himself. If he wanted to "kill" him, he could have easily launched himself off the ground, up into his facemask. He didn't, he ran through him, hit him too high.

And again I ask, why was he in after taking one play off when he spent a minuted on the ground holding his head and rolling around? I thought they were all about "player safety"

So basically in your opinion, in order for it to be a kill shot the player MUST leave his feet? That is the most stupid statement ever and you do not understand the laws of physic or football rules. Its clear you are a homer and no matter how much fact there is you will continue to deny the truth.

Who cares about how many plays he took off, that does not negate the fact that Mays is a dirty player.
brassglobos

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nagahide13 wrote:
If he leaves the ground, he loses force on the hit.

Not if he squats lower and then thrusts himself up into as hard as he can, causing him to leave his feet.

Why do you think the NFL now penalizes players for leaving their feet on "vicious" hits?

amazingandre wrote:
So basically in your opinion, in order for it to be a kill shot the player MUST leave his feet?

That's not what I said. You're taking my opinion and making an all encompassing generalization. Focus on what I actually said, not on what you think my "basic opinion" is for kill shots.

amazingandre wrote:
That is the most stupid statement ever and you do not understand the laws of physic or football rules.

You're the one that came up with that statement...I never said it, nor do I believe it but nice try. Smile

amazingandre wrote:
Its clear you are a homer and no matter how much fact there is you will continue to deny the truth.

Actually I'm not a homer. I said it was an illegal hit, just not a kill shot. I never said Joe Mays doesn't deserve a fine or a suspension. And your "truth" is just as much of an opinion as mine.

amazingandre wrote:
Who cares about how many plays he took off

You and all Texans fans should care. Schuab has a history of injuries, and the Texans won't make any noise in the playoffs without him.

amazingandre wrote:
that does not negate the fact that Mays is a dirty player.

And I'm the homer? Calling Joe Mays a dirty player? Besides this hit, please show me history that Joe Mays as a "dirty player."

I can tell you one thing, if some player from the opposing team, who has no history of being a dirty player (ala Joe Mays) lays the wood on Peyton Manning, I won't be all up in arms calling said player dirty.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: