Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kyle fined $25 K

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Kyle fined $25 K Reply with quote

http://m.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/redskins-assistant-kyle-shanahan-takes-blame-for-penalty-says-he-acted-in-the-wrong-way/2012/09/24/3732e634-066e-11e2-9eea-333857f6a7bd_story.html

He accepts blame for the incident. Says it won't happen Again in a written statement.

He wont be talking to reporters anytime soon. He did not appoligize in his statement for what happened and will likely be facing discipline from the league.

Quote:
The son of head coach Mike Shanahan issued a written statement vowing that such an incident will never happen again. Kyle Shanahan did not apologize in the statement, and the Redskins for the second straight day declined requests that he speak to reporters.

I was frustrated, and in the process of trying to get some answers from the officials, I conducted myself in the wrong way. I ask our players to hold themselves to a high standard and be accountable and I know that Im accountable for my actions as well. I know that I need to handle those situations better in the future. My emotions got the best of me and I know its my responsibility. This will never happen again.

Last edited by turtle28 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:01 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been alot more angry than Kyle was at these so -called Refs

They are going to get someone seriously injured letting all the head shots go that they are missing. And too many games are erupting into chaos as the refs completely lose control because of their ineptitude. We are going to have at least 3 coaches fined this week alone because the coaches know that the refs are bumbling countless calls. Fox and Belichek not just Shanahan.

If there was any time for the players to strike and sue the league it would be now. Goodell has let this get completely out of hand. He is the worst commissioner the league has ever seen.
footy_29

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After watching the refs hand the game to Seattle with two very questionable flags and then the missed PI on the hail mary, I have decided to stop watching the NFL until this is resolved.

Honestly, for someone who has watched the game for a long time and has a good understanding of the game, it's simply not enjoyable. I will not watch any football related television until this is over. If it lasts all season, so be it.

On a somewhat related note: Anyone looking to call Goodell, Clay shared the number 212-450-2027.

Blknite01's masterpiece
Slateman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
After watching the refs hand the game to Seattle with two very questionable flags and then the missed PI on the hail mary, I have decided to stop watching the NFL until this is resolved.

Honestly, for someone who has watched the game for a long time and has a good understanding of the game, it's simply not enjoyable. I will not watch any football related television until this is over. If it lasts all season, so be it.

On a somewhat related note: Anyone looking to call Goodell, Clay shared the number 212-450-2027.

I'll be watching the Redskins and that's it
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
I've been alot more angry than Kyle was at these so -called Refs

They are going to get someone seriously injured letting all the head shots go that they are missing. And too many games are erupting into chaos as the refs completely lose control because of their ineptitude. We are going to have at least 3 coaches fined this week alone because the coaches know that the refs are bumbling countless calls. Fox and Belichek not just Shanahan.

If there was any time for the players to strike and sue the league it would be now. Goodell has let this get completely out of hand. He is the worst commissioner the league has ever seen.
I like your style dcred, finally coming around. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/09/25/report-kyle-shanahan-fined-25k-for-berating-official/

Quote:
LANHAM, Md. (CBSDC) Kyle Shanahan has been fined $25,000 for profanity-laced comments directed at a replacement official following the Washington Redskins loss to the Cincinnati Bengals on Sunday according to multiple reports.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: