Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

PFF Likes The Chiefs This Week

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: PFF Likes The Chiefs This Week Reply with quote

There are some obvious names here but a few that I found a bit of a surprise. What do you guys think?

Running Back: Jamaal Charles, KC (+2.9)

Even if the bulk of his yards came on a couple of plays, it was a sight to see as Charles rushed for 233 yards and averaged 4.6 yards per carry… after contact.

Fullback: Nate Eachus, KC (+3.1)

Will we look back on 2012 as the year of the rookie fullback? Probably not, but Chiefs fans saw their team load the backfield this week as their undrafted free agent had a fine day.

Guards: Rob Sims, DET (+4.5) Jon Asamoah, KC (+5.5)

When Detroit brought Sims in from Seattle that was the kind of display they would have hoped for. Giving no ground in pass protection and doing a good job getting to the second level, this was Sims at his best. On the right side, Asamoah becomes the third part of a Chiefs rushing attack to make the list, even though he gave up a sack. That’s how good his run blocking was.

Outside Linebackers: Justin Houston, KC (+5.1) and Ryan Kerrigan, WAS (+4.3)

Two sophomore players enjoying themselves as their teams ask more of them. Houston’s progression from the midway point last year continued with a three-sack (seven total pressures) display. Meanwhile, Kerrigan is picking up the slack with Brian Orakpo down and added another five quarterback disruptions to his growing tally, and three defensive stops in the run game.
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh on Eachus. Strongly agree on everyone else. Some huge positives came out of this game and if we can keep up this kind of performance by the team AROUND Cassel, Charles' 91 yard TD will end up going down in history as the turning point in the Chiefs' 2012 season. Time will tell, I suppose.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see someone agrees. I thought Eachus had a pretty good game, despite his laughable attempt on the 91 yarder.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis Kelce
Pre-Season: 5 receptions, 132 yards, 2 TDs
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
Meh on Eachus. Strongly agree on everyone else. Some huge positives came out of this game and if we can keep up this kind of performance by the team AROUND Cassel, Charles' 91 yard TD will end up going down in history as the turning point in the Chiefs' 2012 season. Time will tell, I suppose.

Yup aside from Cassel's opening half. He's played mediocre at best. At least he saved "his" best for the 4th quarter last sunday.
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here are some more ratings for the week:

- Subbed in after the Rodney Hudson injury for the Chiefs, LG Jeff Allen gave up two QB hurries, four stops in the run game and received a grade of -3.6.

Ryan Lilja (+4.0), filling in at center for much of the game, dominated the Saints’ front seven.

And for you Ryk

The Curious Case of Matt Cassel

Though he made some key throws late in the game, Matt Cassel (-2.0) put on what was otherwise a very poor display for the second week in a row. With a clean pocket for most of the afternoon, pressured on just 9 of his 47 pass attempts, you’d think Cassel would have shredded a New Orleans defense that has been one of the league’s worst. Instead the Kansas City QB missed on far too many passes that a player of Cassel’s experience should make. His third-quarter interception, which led to a Saints touchdown, came on a badly forced throw that had no chance before it even left his hand. Many of his misses were on throws downfield, as he was just 4-of-16 on passes beyond 10 yards of the line of scrimmage, including 0-6 on balls thrown 20+ yards. A performance like that isn’t going to help Cassel shed the “Captain Checkdown” moniker that some have given him, and may have fans calling for Brady Quinn before long.
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for the record, since I assume everything OilChiefs posts is from the articles, if anyone ever wants to know a specific stat or rating or whatever from PFF, I have a subscription. Though Oil got about all the noteworthy ones from this week.l

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis Kelce
Pre-Season: 5 receptions, 132 yards, 2 TDs
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is Matt Cassel curious, escept for the fact he's still starting?

And Jak, keep in mind you can't post premium (i.e. paid for) content here.

^ryknowssd on the sig
OILCHIEFS

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
How is Matt Cassel curious, escept for the fact he's still starting?

And Jak, keep in mind you can't post premium (i.e. paid for) content here.

I think it's because he played well by their stats in the first game! It was the headline of their article :p.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: