Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Miami vs Arizona Week-4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phinmun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
Our offense is going to get smothered. Our only saving grace in this game is that we should probably get some pressure on Kevin Kolb & hopefully get some turnovers.

If Bush is healthy:
Arizona 20
Miami 13

Else:
Arizona 20
Miami 9

Seems about right.

I'd settle for some consistency. I don't expect to win this game with how the Cards are playing BUT not shooting ourselves in the foot over and over like we did last week would be nice to see.

We had penalties across the board and in all phases of the game. Our WR dropped balls, our QB made mistakes, our RB fumbled, our LBs missed tackles and our secondary gave up big plays and got flagged.

Just a clean game would be nice, win or lose.
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't seen the Cardinals play yet, so I can't speak for their defense, but I do know that they have a formidable WR group, and we've struggled to shut down the passing game. I'd expect Kolb to have a pretty solid game unless our pass rush steps up more than it has so far, and I think our offense will likely struggle.

But, I could definitely see this being a win. I don't think any team in this league is that much better than any other, and I think the Cards 3-0 record shouldn't be valued too highly. Not saying that they are bad, but I do think that this is a league full of parity and that this early on, it's really difficult to judge.

I'd expect a win, as this is the type of game we do win, but I wouldn't be shocked either way.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It bears pointing out that last week was the first time Arizona had won a game by more than 7 points since Week 14 of the 2010 season, and the first time a game they had been involved in was decided by more than 7, since week 11 last season. They had gone 8 straight games with a margin of 7 or less before last week.

Arizona was however 7-1 in those 8 games, and were a Doucet slip in the endzone away from tying the 8th game with little time left.

You need to find a awy to get into an early lead, bleed clock, force Arizona to pass the football downfield. It is tough, but not impossible, especially if you get an early defensive TD.
iRobot

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am usually very even keeled and think that anything is possible but I just don't see how Arizona can lose this one.

It's at home, where we've won 7 straight, I believe. It's against a rookie QB who seems to be struggling by all accounts statistically. We've had numerous attempts at screens and such put on us since the start of the season and we've sniffed them out and forced turnovers on such plays.

We've held the likes of Marshawn Lynch, Shady McCoy, and a rising Ridley for New England. I welcome Miami to run at us because I just dont see how they'll be able to pass. Our pass rush is on point and the coverage down field has been stellar this season, IMHO.

I thought our O would struggle against a top ranked Eagles D and we actually moved the ball pretty well. Miami presents a similar matchup from a run standpoint but I dont see it.
Emerica

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arizona: 24
Miami: 10
DolphWins

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont see us winning but I wouldnt be surpised if we won, as long as we dont have a bad stretch against the Cardinals like we did in week 1. Missed FG from being 2-1 and outside of that debacle in the first game we gave the Texans a very competitive game considering our circumstances.

Adopt a Dolphwin - Lamar Miller
157 Rush - 628 Yards - 4.0 Avg - 2 TD [] 25 Rec - 166 Yards
Maddogg

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our only chance was replacement refs, now that has been taken away, the only solution is more alcohol Sunday afternoon.

Last edited by Maddogg on Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Week 1: 9-7(Page 5)

Week 2: 11-5(Page 17)

Week 3: 6-10(Page 22)-My worst week ever.

Week 4:

Cleveland Browns at Baltimore Ravens

New England Patriots at Buffalo Bills
San Francisco 49ers at New York Jets
Seattle Seahawks at St. Louis Rams
Carolina Panthers at Atlanta Falcons
Minnesota Vikings at Detroit Lions
San Diego Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs
Tennessee Titans at Houston Texans
Cincinnati Bengals at Jacksonville Jaguars
Oakland Raiders at Denver Broncos
Miami Dolphins at Arizona Cardinals
Washington Redskins at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
New Orleans Saints at Green Bay Packers
New York Giants at Philadelphia Eagles

Chicago Bears at Dallas Cowboys

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRobot wrote:
Wow, if you think you're going to put up more than the average PPG we (Arizona) allow.. you're nuts. Your only hope is that the offense makes mistakes, which thus far, has not happened. Kolb has been accurate and throwing quickly. Our line has only surrendered 5 sacks, even with how patchwork it is plus the expectation for Kolb to struggle and give up even more sacks. We gave up 1 sack to Seattle who sacked Rodgers 8 times in the first quarter.. we gave up 1 sack to New England, and 3 sacks to a Philly team LOADED on defense with sack artists.

Unless you can get to the QB, I think you're gonna be in trouble. No offense but your secondary isn't one that puts fear into opposition thus far.

Arizona's defense is ranked 7th against the pass. Peterson is allowing 0.38 yards per catch right now and is leading the league at the CB position.

I think you're in for a long day, but I'll give you at least 3 field goals..

24-9 Arizona wins to go 4-0..

When we start pounding you. Look for me to be saying worst 3-0 team of all time! Miami is going to pound that d that's a promise. Bush plays we skate
patdt13

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maddogg wrote:
Our only chance was replacement refs, now that has been taken away, the only solution is more alcohol Sunday afternoon.

This

Xbox Live GT: With The Tide
iRobot

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pope137 wrote:
iRobot wrote:
Wow, if you think you're going to put up more than the average PPG we (Arizona) allow.. you're nuts. Your only hope is that the offense makes mistakes, which thus far, has not happened. Kolb has been accurate and throwing quickly. Our line has only surrendered 5 sacks, even with how patchwork it is plus the expectation for Kolb to struggle and give up even more sacks. We gave up 1 sack to Seattle who sacked Rodgers 8 times in the first quarter.. we gave up 1 sack to New England, and 3 sacks to a Philly team LOADED on defense with sack artists.

Unless you can get to the QB, I think you're gonna be in trouble. No offense but your secondary isn't one that puts fear into opposition thus far.

Arizona's defense is ranked 7th against the pass. Peterson is allowing 0.38 yards per catch right now and is leading the league at the CB position.

I think you're in for a long day, but I'll give you at least 3 field goals..

24-9 Arizona wins to go 4-0..

When we start pounding you. Look for me to be saying worst 3-0 team of all time! Miami is going to pound that d that's a promise. Bush plays we skate

I welcome the comments..
Deets

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every year the fans of the upstart team with the surprise winning record get absurdly cocky. Based off this display, I'm sincerely hoping the Dolphins are the ones to send the Cardinals crashing back to earth.

FF Member #67
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
Every year the fans of the upstart team with the surprise winning record get absurdly cocky. Based off this display, I'm sincerely hoping the Dolphins are the ones to send the Cardinals crashing back to earth.

The way I look at it is this:

Their LT is god awful. Probably the worst starting LT in the league, Wake is rated the 2nd best pass rusher in the NFL by PFF so far. That is a HUGE mismatch, and a game changer. Overall their OL is all around weak, and without their starting running back they will likely rush for under 50 yards collectively.

I'm curious to see how they old up in pass blocking, for the most part our corners do a good job in coverage, granted Fitz is a different animal. I expect Miami to own both lines of scrimmage. We can play keep away ball and test their defense. I like the matchup for us. We can take away the ground game, and make Kevin Kolb beat us, which he hasn't shown he could do consistently since he was an Eagle.

I'm not sold on their defense honestly. I think they can be exposed if a team can control the line of scrimmage, something that NE and Philly cannot do. Miami has controlled the LOS against every team this season, we ran on Houston before we got behind. We gashed Oakland. We gashed the Jets.

I'm not saying we'll win, but I just don't think they are as good as people think. I wouldn't be surprised to see Miami win 20-14, but I also wouldn't be shocked to see them win 35-14 (Fitz would own us in this scenario). Injuries are killing them too.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we dont turn the ball oover in our own territory we have a good chance to win this game. Miami 16 arizona 13
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:
Deets wrote:

The way I look at it is this:

Their LT is god awful. Probably the worst starting LT in the league, Wake is rated the 2nd best pass rusher in the NFL by PFF so far. That is a HUGE mismatch, and a game changer. Overall their OL is all around weak, and without their starting running back they will likely rush for under 50 yards collectively.

I'm curious to see how they old up in pass blocking, for the most part our corners do a good job in coverage, granted Fitz is a different animal. I expect Miami to own both lines of scrimmage. We can play keep away ball and test their defense. I like the matchup for us. We can take away the ground game, and make Kevin Kolb beat us, which he hasn't shown he could do consistently since he was an Eagle.

I'm not sold on their defense honestly. I think they can be exposed if a team can control the line of scrimmage, something that NE and Philly cannot do. Miami has controlled the LOS against every team this season, we ran on Houston before we got behind. We gashed Oakland. We gashed the Jets.

I'm not saying we'll win, but I just don't think they are as good as people think. I wouldn't be surprised to see Miami win 20-14, but I also wouldn't be shocked to see them win 35-14 (Fitz would own us in this scenario). Injuries are killing them too.

1 - Batiste sucks, but despite the pressure that was created by the likes of Cole and Babin on Sunday Kolb came out of that game 17-24, 222 yards 2 TD's and 0 INT's. It is not like Asomugha and DRC are scrubs at CB either.

2 - We don't really have a starting RB, Ryan Williams started week 1 and 2, he then had 13 carries on Sunday. Our rushing attack could struggle against a D that has done well against the run though.

3 - You are not sold on a defense that has been consistently among the best in the league over the last 10-12 regular season games? We all know Arizona's offense is below average. How does a team get to 10-2 over their last 12 games with a below average offense. By having one of the best defensive units in the NFL.

4 - We have a few injuries, but they are hardly killing us. Dockett being out would be a huge blow, but Heap is adequately replced by Housler, we did not miss Heap at all vs Philly and our D held Phill to 6 points without Adrian Wilson, he might miss this week as well.

5 - I don't think this game is a blowout, but the Cards are on a 7 game winning streak at home, at 9-1 in their last ten games. Their defense is coming up against a unit that has struggled against the two good defense they faced (Did hang 35 on a below par Raiders D)

6 - I beleive you will be able to see our stance. We went into week 1 Seattle saying they were going to win by 20+ and we came away with a win. Going into New England we were going to go down by 20+ again. We came away with a win. Philly coming in week 3 we were going to lose at home by two scores. We come away with a 3 score win.

This team is being consistently undermined by opposing fans, no respect is being given to one of the best defenses in the NFL and to this point in the season a very efficient passing game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 2 of 18

Jump to: