Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Early Draft talks (2013)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Early Draft talks (2013) Reply with quote

Alright based on 3 games (which isnt alot to go on) what at this point needs to be out priority come April 2013.
I for one think we need a Pass Rusher to help Wake and next to that I want a stud WR, since we no longer have one.

List of top choices at this point

DE
Jarvis Jones (Georgia)
Barkevious Mingo (LSU)

WR
Keenan Allen (Cal)
Justin Hunter (TENN)

are a few that stand out, I do not think we will be looking WR in the first round, but think come 2nd round 3rd round they will select atleast 1 if not 2 by the 4th round.

Adopt a Phins 2014, 1st Pick Ryan Tannehill
Tannehill (2014 Season stats)
60.5-Comp/ 419 Yards/ 3-TD's/ 2-INT/ 76.1-Rating
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: Early Draft talks (2013) Reply with quote

Dolphinemidget wrote:
Alright based on 3 games (which isnt alot to go on) what at this point needs to be out priority come April 2013.
I for one think we need a Pass Rusher to help Wake and next to that I want a stud WR, since we no longer have one.

List of top choices at this point

DE
Jarvis Jones (Georgia)
Barkevious Mingo (LSU)

WR
Keenan Allen (Cal)
Justin Hunter (TENN)

are a few that stand out, I do not think we will be looking WR in the first round, but think come 2nd round 3rd round they will select atleast 1 if not 2 by the 4th round.

I would love Barkevious Mingo

UniversalAuthor
phinmun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming we re-sign Long the priorities on offense will be WR & Guard. Either of those positions would benefit the offense hugely moving forward and both will need to be addressed eventually.

Defensively, we should be looking for Wake's long-term replacement first but also considering MLB & S as needs if a great player is available. I would trade Cam Wake while he's hot though so we can use his current value to obtain a high draft pick for his replacement.

I'd say go BPA between WR & DE with G, MLB & S being the back-up selections depending upon how the team rated the options.
Russ57

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a strongside DE, not a 3-4 OLB. I'd take Alex Okafor.

But IMHO we need other positions more so I would not make that my first round pick. Best we take a WR in the first.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While the Dolphins have needs that need to be met I hope they go BPA with the first couple of picks. The one thing this team lacks is elite talent and big time play makers....while the biggest need maybe WR I just don't see anyone elite in this draft and it may work to the benefit of the Dolphins to wait until after the 1st round to address that position.
Emerica

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I see as our needs: WR, OG, DE, CB/S.

Not sure what the order of importance is yet tho.
phinmun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emerica wrote:
This is what I see as our needs: WR, OG, DE, CB/S.

Not sure what the order of importance is yet tho.

Yeah, that's the big question and without a picture of who's available and when we're picking it might be useless to discuss it but we shall.

Still, the only position that doesn't warrant a 1st rounder is Guard. There's still a great chance of getting an above-average Guard after the 1st round. If you want a premier receiver, pass rusher or defensive back, it seems like you have to go high in the draft to get them.

I'd be happy with the next premier WR, DE or S.

I don't want to go Guard or Cornerback with a top-10 pick though. The Guard seems like a waste and anything short of the next Darrelle Revis won't mean as much as an Ed Reed-type S.
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can use help everywhere. I wouldn't say no to a great player at any position, and would rather a player I think will be great at a position we "need" less than a good player at a need position. Best player available.

Obviously, there are exceptions. There is little reason to spend a first or second rounder on a center, for example. And QB and OT may be the same. But for the most part, I think BPA holds true.
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
While the Dolphins have needs that need to be met I hope they go BPA with the first couple of picks. The one thing this team lacks is elite talent and big time play makers....while the biggest need maybe WR I just don't see anyone elite in this draft and it may work to the benefit of the Dolphins to wait until after the 1st round to address that position.

I clicked on this thread for the purposes of saying this also. I agree. The WR class seems to be underwhelming. There isn't a position on this team where I would be mad @ a first round pick. No knock on Tannehill and Pouncey but if the BPA is a QB or a Center I'm all for it.

I also see Jonathan Martin moving over to LT and Jake Long leaving via FA (I'm thinking this is his walk year. Correct me If I'm wrong) So a RT pick wouldn't surprise or bother me either.

* I think this thread should be attached to a FA tracker of some sort and stickyed.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
bpastermack

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the draft were held today, then these would be my picks...

Keenan Allen, 6-2/215

Wide Receiver

California

Combination of size, speed and quickness that would be perfect for the WC offense. The guy can stretch the field and get separation better than anything we have now. He would open up the offense a ton for RT17

2a.
William Gholston, 6-7/278

Defensive End

Michigan State

Long arms, Power, speed, and quickness. This guy has it all. He is the perfect fit as a 4-3 end opposite Wake. He has yet to perform to his ability yet, but has improved each season, and could have a big year this season. Of course if he does too well, then he won't be available in the second round.

2b.
Ricky Wagner, 6-6/320

Offensive Tackle/Guard

Wisconsin

I like this guy a lot. And I think he could be a Carl Nicks type OG. He is currently doing pretty well as a LT at Wisconsin.

3a.
Joseph Fauria, 6-7/258

Tight End

UCLA

Solid all around TE, with the ability to create mismatches with his all around size and speed.

3b.
Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia

Team him up with Jones, and I really like our back 2 safeties!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love keenen allen a perfect WCO WR.. i also like manti te'o he is a leader and can be the face of the defense.

My man crush is on safety matt elam from florida he is climbing fast hope he stays outside the 1st round. He is a safety with great cover skills.

I hope gholston n okafor stay in round 2 also

WR is loaded and some good ones will be available in round 2

I hope we go after playmakers and BPA regardless of position unless its RB
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have 5 picks that we should land starters or key contributors at. In a perfect world they would used on:

DE
CB
WR
WR
S or OG

Put the first 4 in any order and I am happy.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
phinmun

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woods will be a definite possibility and the Dolphins will obviously take a serious look at him. By the highlights I don't think I'd be unhappy! Laughing

My problem with Woods is how he jumps to make cuts coming off the line. That's a way to accelerate faster but NFL-style press coverage will destroy you. He can't do that at the NFL level so he'll immediately struggle with quick-developing routes he feels are 'too rigid.' At times, he's just playing sandlot football. He's not being challenged at the line by these smaller, slower DBs so he just blows by them. Woods looks fast but he's relying too much on just throwing it into high gear and separating where as at the NFL he'll have to prove he's physical enough to get off the line before DBs back up to honor his speed.

I hate the idea of drafting someone who relied on ability in college and has flaws coming into the NFL which he might never overcome. Still, I see Woods flaws as sloppy technique not fundamental inability. He should be able to correct it and get better. His ability to plant and cut is fantastic for a guy with as much speed as he's got and to my knowledge his hands are great, but so are most of Barkley's throws in those highlights.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phinmun wrote:
Woods will be a definite possibility and the Dolphins will obviously take a serious look at him. By the highlights I don't think I'd be unhappy! Laughing

My problem with Woods is how he jumps to make cuts coming off the line. That's a way to accelerate faster but NFL-style press coverage will destroy you. He can't do that at the NFL level so he'll immediately struggle with quick-developing routes he feels are 'too rigid.' At times, he's just playing sandlot football. He's not being challenged at the line by these smaller, slower DBs so he just blows by them. Woods looks fast but he's relying too much on just throwing it into high gear and separating where as at the NFL he'll have to prove he's physical enough to get off the line before DBs back up to honor his speed.

I hate the idea of drafting someone who relied on ability in college and has flaws coming into the NFL which he might never overcome. Still, I see Woods flaws as sloppy technique not fundamental inability. He should be able to correct it and get better. His ability to plant and cut is fantastic for a guy with as much speed as he's got and to my knowledge his hands are great, but so are most of Barkley's throws in those highlights.

I like Woods as a mid to late 1st round option, but he (and the other receivers in this draft) is not top ten talent. He's not even the best WR on his team (that would be Lee)...I would prefer to address this position in the second and look for Lee or Watkins next year in the 1st...
phinmun

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
phinmun wrote:

I like Woods as a mid to late 1st round option, but he (and the other receivers in this draft) is not top ten talent. He's not even the best WR on his team (that would be Lee)...I would prefer to address this position in the second and look for Lee or Watkins next year in the 1st...

Crabtree did some of the stuff Woods is doing and he didn't live up to his draft expectation so Woods worries me a bit. That said, Crabtree isn't a bad receiver and seems to be gaining ground within that San Francisco offense. If you've got the hands you can improve on the rest of your game in time.

If we got Watkins I'd poop myself. Smile I'm a Clemson dude, that's a fantasy. If a Tiger could help turn the Dolphins around that would be amazing. Whatever we had to give up I'd not say a bad word about it!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: