Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Early Draft talks (2013)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That jump off the line is the same thing dez bryant does as well and wwhy although he is playing good he has not played to the hype. I do like woods run after the catch abillity. I think when its all said and done woods will be a early 20's guy in the first round.
ajiggel72

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB!!!

Sean Smith will be gone, Richard Marshall signed a 2-year deal. So he will be entering the last yr of his contract... I like:

1) David Amerson
2) Dre Milner

WR

1) Keenan Allen
2) Terrance Williams
2b) Justin Hunter

DE/OLB
Sean Porter
phinmun

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajiggel72 wrote:
CB!!!

Sean Smith will be gone, Richard Marshall signed a 2-year deal. So he will be entering the last yr of his contract... I like:

1) David Amerson
2) Dre Milner

WR

1) Keenan Allen
2) Terrance Williams
2b) Justin Hunter

DE/OLB
Sean Porter

Yeah...I don't like Smith or Marshall. Still, Vontae Davis gave up too many big plays. I would've loved to have gotten a 2nd rounder for Smith instead but in reality Smith probably has little-to-no value around the league.

It was a shame Vontae Davis wasn't more consistent because he could've been our mainstay back there. Smith is too up and down. His bad plays are just ugly.
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you watched the cards vs fins game

Hartline and Smith are all pro, no need to replace them
Emerica

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:

I don't know who talked about replacing them.

Who else is there other than Hartline at WR? Bess? alright. Nannee? Oh god. Armstrong? Done nothing so far.

Who else is there other than Smith at CB? Marshall? Mehhh, short term fix. Not a good one at that. Caroll? Hell no. Wilson? Mehhh.

And let's not get ahead of ourselves. Both Smith and Hartline have been very very good so far this season but let's not call them ''all-pro'' players until they actually prove they are game in, game out.

Emerica wrote:
This is what I see as our needs: WR, OG, DE, CB/S.

Not sure what the order of importance is yet tho.

I still see those position as needs. Order is getting clearer by the game now.

Last edited by Emerica on Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smith does not need to be replaced and that has nothing to do with todays game. Last week Coyle said smith graded out great vs the jets. Corners give up catches in this pass happy league, Marshall on the other hand i cant defend
Dolphinemidget

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somoene said it, but if Long is gone, I would rather sign him and trade him, then let him walk away, we can get easy 1st round pick and several other picks over the next few years. I dont want to see him gone, players like Long dont come into the NFL often.

I would not be against picking the BPA, cause we really could use help anywhere, even if the pick is a QB, cause you never know when the next Tom Brady is going to show up.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:

No...Smith is not nearly "All-Pro."

That's ridiculous. You play against the worst WR-corp in the league during practice and you look good and gain a reputation? Wow. Color me impressed. Leading up to the season, he covered the currently-unemployed Chad Johnson as well as Julius Pruitt & Roberto Wallace in practice and somehow looked amazing? That's tough! He wasn't possibly being over-rated, huh? Rolling Eyes

Sean Smith had 2 picks today including a fantastic one in the endzone but both were stupid throws by Kolb so he's certainly not going to get those every week. Dumb move by a QB who was trying to force the ball to a great WR who normally covers the QBs butt. Those were bone-head plays and I'm happy for Smith that he made the plays in those instances but the dude is not good enough to handle elite WRs and too often gets beat on routes down the field that take time to develop. He's unreliable in deep coverage.

Quick slants he's good. Quick-outs he sometimes does well against but no, to call him "All-Pro" pisses me off to no-end. He's a smart kid and a great guy by the way he interviews but he's the best on a bad team, maybe. That's it. There are way too many holes in his game for me to accept him as the long term answer unless we get better pressure up front and another (better) CB to take pressure away from his side of the field.

I hate to rain on his parade during a week where he did a very good job but as far as I'm concerned this was the first week he made a difference. I don't care if Coyle comes to his defense against the Jets. Who do the Jets have at WR? Holmes was being covered by Marshall all game. Who was Smith covering, Hill? Impressive. And against Mark Sanchez. Even more impressive.

Vontae was a better CB but unfortunately he had value and Sean Smith didn't. That's why we traded him and not Sean Smith. I'm sure Ireland would've kept Vontae if Smith had the same value and he could've ditched him instead. I certainly would've and so would most people here I'm sure.

Like I said, I don't want to come down on a guy who just played maybe the best game he'll play all season but he's not nearly "All-Pro."

Evidently our standards are lower at DB than maybe anywhere else on this team. For whatever reason we feel like our DBs are okay but our receivers are not. They are equally bad, folks. I'll tell you all of you that right now.

If you dislike Tannehill's options, you had ought to be coming down equally hard on the DBs because there is nothing special there either. I'll take Hartline, Bess and Reshad Jones.

You can have the rest.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One quarter of the season is in the books and it is becoming more apparent what is needed. I fully support drafting BPA (with the exception of maybe QB and Center) I do see some positions that need addressing in the next few draft for the Dolphins to become that consistent Playoff team.

1. Playmakers....while the Phins have a few on both sides of the ball there just isn't enough "gamebreakers" that can close out games or turn the momentum.

2. CB....Smith is serviceable and could be a very good number 2, but he is not a shut down corner and with the mediocre play of Marshall (and getting beat late in the game....every game) this is somewhere that needs an immediate upgrade.

3. S....This goes to playmakers, you look at what players like ED Reed can do to turn the game or ruin a QB's day and you can see why this is needed.

4. TE....I like Fasano, but he does not have the big play ability that is becoming the standard in the NFL TE. How great would it be to have that Red Zone threat or someone who can embarrass smaller DB.s or out run LB's on the seem?

5. WR...I know the Phins have a bunch of "who dat" players at the WR position, but they are decent and at least two of them (HArtline and Bess) have a good rapport with Tannehill, but I still think a playmaker that can stretch the field and draw double coverage would be extremely helpful to the other WRs.

6. Trench players....Always keep looking for players that can help on the O-line and front seven...if the Phins can run the ball and stop the run they will win more then they lose.
OldManFinFan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are plenty of wide receivers to choose from in this years draft, it's one of my favorite positions this year.
Justin Hunter
Keenan Allen
Da'Rick Rodgers
Terrance Williams
Robert Woods
Marquess Wilson
DeAndre Hopkins
Tavon Austin
Stedman Bailey
Kenny Stills
Aaron Dobson
Denard Robinson
-No A.J. Green's in this years draft but still plenty to choose from and I'm sure a few of those will become really good wide outs.

To be honest there are only a handful of guys I would want us to draft in the 1st round next season. Bjoern Werner/Dee Milliner/David Amerson/Barrett Jones/Sam Montgomery
Florida Gators
hammer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
If the draft were held today, then these would be my picks...

Keenan Allen, 6-2/215

Wide Receiver

California

Combination of size, speed and quickness that would be perfect for the WC offense. The guy can stretch the field and get separation better than anything we have now. He would open up the offense a ton for RT17

Perfect. Get out of my head.

2a.
William Gholston, 6-7/278

Defensive End

Michigan State

Long arms, Power, speed, and quickness. This guy has it all. He is the perfect fit as a 4-3 end opposite Wake. He has yet to perform to his ability yet, but has improved each season, and could have a big year this season. Of course if he does too well, then he won't be available in the second round.

2b.
Ricky Wagner, 6-6/320

Offensive Tackle/Guard

Wisconsin

I like this guy a lot. And I think he could be a Carl Nicks type OG. He is currently doing pretty well as a LT at Wisconsin.

3a.
Joseph Fauria, 6-7/258

Tight End

UCLA

Solid all around TE, with the ability to create mismatches with his all around size and speed.

3b.
Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia

Team him up with Jones, and I really like our back 2 safeties!

NBA: New York Knicks
phinmun

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OldManFinFan wrote:
There are plenty of wide receivers to choose from in this years draft, it's one of my favorite positions this year.
Justin Hunter
Keenan Allen
Da'Rick Rodgers
Terrance Williams
Robert Woods
Marquess Wilson
DeAndre Hopkins
Tavon Austin
Stedman Bailey
Kenny Stills
Aaron Dobson
Denard Robinson
-No A.J. Green's in this years draft but still plenty to choose from and I'm sure a few of those will become really good wide outs.

To be honest there are only a handful of guys I would want us to draft in the 1st round next season. Bjoern Werner/Dee Milliner/David Amerson/Barrett Jones/Sam Montgomery

As a Clemson fan I'd love to hear folks analysis of "Nuke."

Where do you all think he'll go in this draft? Will he be gone by the end of the 2nd round? Any chance he could move up to a late first-round spot?

He's blowing me away with his performance this year. Sammy Watkins was out for the 1st 2 week and then out again with a stomach virus and meanwhile Hopkins is going for 200 yards a game and snatching everything out of the air that comes near him.

His hands look just awesome this year and obviously his speed is tremendous. He's got the ability to put his foot in the ground and cut up-field for tremendous YAC. He's creating a lot of big plays for us this year.

I would love to see him in Miami. Talk about an explosive player! Very Happy
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of right now he is looking to go early round 2 and kiper thinks has a outside chance of being a late round 1. I like him alot. We have 2 early round 2 picks guys like him,austin,patterson are all going to be nice options there. My man crush is safety matt elam from florida
bpastermack

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishfan4life wrote:
As of right now he is looking to go early round 2 and kiper thinks has a outside chance of being a late round 1. I like him alot. We have 2 early round 2 picks guys like him,austin,patterson are all going to be nice options there. My man crush is safety matt elam from florida

I have to agree with Elam. He is turning into a fantastic player on that defense. He stood out more in the LSU game than either of those supposed top 15 pick DE's from LSU did. Where is Elam projected to go right now? I'm assuming in the second round?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It probably won't matter with the way RT17 is playing now, but Geno Smith has the potential to be one of the next great NFL QB's! I would take him over Barkley right now in the draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: