Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Early Draft talks (2013)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phinmun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct, Hartline didn't play a single snap during preseason. We knew what we had and were just waiting for him to return hoping he'd be ready to go Week 1 which thankfully he was.

He is what he's always been for us. His route running is tight. He's got very good hands. He has some straight-line speed. Overall he's a contributor though and not a #1 guy. The break-out game against Arizone where he went for 253 yards and a TD I don't think anyone saw coming but the rest of his games have been rather unspectacular in terms of numbers. He's solid but that's exactly what we need. He's reliable.

We expect him to be around for the rebuilding of this team. However, we all expect another receiver to come in and shake things up. We need talent. I think many of us would like to see a couple of WRs come in so that we could move forward with Hartline and Bess being 3rd and 4th and someone already on the roster like Marlon Moore or Reshard Matthews become our 5th guy. Moore has been very good on special teams so he'd be the likely candidate. Especially after having caught a couple big passes down the sideline during the previous few weeks.
Emerica

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emerica wrote:
This is what I see as our needs: WR, OG, DE, CB/S.

Not sure what the order of importance is yet tho.

This is the way I'd rank our needs as of now. I'd add LBers, we have absolutely no depth.

CB/WR
DE
OG
LB

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emerica wrote:
Emerica wrote:

This is the way I'd rank our needs as of now. I'd add LBers, we have absolutely no depth.

CB/WR
DE
OG
LB

No way WR/CB are near the top of the draft board. Where we are at now, CB/WR are all luxury picks. We need to finish the O-Line project with 2 guards and we need a OLB speed rusher to take the double teams off Wake, and eventually, Wakes replacement. The D-Line should be addressed in the third round, as we only need one more bull rusher to complete the D-Line rotation. OG is a HUGE issue here as the pocket continues to collapse from the inside, which is why i believe we are seeing Jake Long suffer this season due to him having to pick up what the guards cant, which totally screw the ZBS we run. I would put LB in front of CB/WR in terms of need.

Larry Little #66
Emerica

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niedermaier wrote:
Emerica wrote:
Emerica wrote:

CB/WR
DE
OG
LB

No way WR/CB are near the top of the draft board. Where we are at now, CB/WR are all luxury picks. We need to finish the O-Line project with 2 guards and we need a OLB speed rusher to take the double teams off Wake, and eventually, Wakes replacement. The D-Line should be addressed in the third round, as we only need one more bull rusher to complete the D-Line rotation. OG is a HUGE issue here as the pocket continues to collapse from the inside, which is why i believe we are seeing Jake Long suffer this season due to him having to pick up what the guards cant, which totally screw the ZBS we run. I would put LB in front of CB/WR in terms of need.

CB and WR would be luxury picks? Are you kidding me? Bess is a great Slot receiver, Hartline is a good #2. We need a deep threat, someone who can burn oposing corners, a redzone threat.

Most elite teams have their shutdown corner, we don't. Everyone is hoping Sean Smith can turn into that shutdown corner but he's hasn't shown that yet. To me atleast.

Anyways, no pick is a luxury pick for the Dolphins. We need help anywhere we can.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: