Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Gameday Thread: BAL Ravens vs. CLE Browns (W4)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Ravens coordinator are we trashing the most after this game?
Dean Pees
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
Cam Cameron
62%
 62%  [ 10 ]
Jerry Rosburg
12%
 12%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 16

diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Gameday Thread: BAL Ravens vs. CLE Browns (W4) Reply with quote

Cleveland Browns

VS

Baltimore Ravens

Feature:
Two of the bigger names in the 2011 NFL draft at WR. Both WRs were chosen in the 2nd round. The Ravens had their choice of both young, talented wideouts with potential and chose Torrey Smith. Smith only went on to have a prolific rookie season with nearly 900 yards receiving, while Little managed to play pretty well through mediocre QB play to the tune of around 700 yds and 2 td grabs. Their start to the 2012 season has been a big difference however. As Smith continues to elevate his abilities and has proven to be a team leader of the future... Little has went the other way: struggling with his hands and being accused of immature celebrations at unnecessary moments in a ball game. His coach has even gone so far as to say if he doesn't improve his catching he could be benched. Along with the death of Torrey's younger brother, both will be facing varying degrees of adversity in this game. These two WRs will undoubtedly continue to be linked because of their draft proximity (Smith- 58, Little-59) and their status as the go-to WRs on two AFCN squads. It'll be interesting (though not exactly relevant) to see who wins this head to head matchup.

Where: M&T Bank Stadium (The Lion's Den)
When: September 27, 2012- 8:20 PM EST
TV: NBC and NFL Network
Weather: 57- Night game so it'll definitely be a cool evening. Temperature still shouldn't affect the game in anyway however.

Quote:
Stat Report (OFFENSE):
BAL Ravens
Total - 419.3 yds/g (4th), 6.7 yds/play (1st); 32.7 PPG (2nd)
Passing- 301.3 yds/g (3rd); 6 TDs (6th); 2 INT (T-11th)
Rusing - 118 yds/g (11th); 5.1 ypc (T-4th); 4 TDs (T-4th); Att- 70 (T-25th)

CLE Browns
Total - 296.3 yds/g (26th), 4.9 yds/play (25th); 19 PPG (T-26th)
Passing- 209 yds/g (23rd); 3 TDs (T-27th); 6 INTs (T-1st)
Rushing- 87.3 yds/g (26th); 4.5 ypc (T-8th), 2 TDs (T-15th), Att- 58 (29th)

Quote:
Stat Report (DEFENSE):
BAL Ravens
Total: 401.3 yds/g (27th); Yds/Play- 5.4 (T-17th);
Breakdown: 22.3 PPG (15th); 8.4 Yds/Pass (T-27th); 3.3 ypc (T-4th)
Impact: 8 sacks (9th); 3 INT (12th); 2 FUM (13th)
TDs Scored: 1 INT (T-2nd)

CLE Browns
Total: 391.7 yds/g (25th); Yds/Play- 5.3 (13th)
Breakdown: 25 PPG (25th); 6.9 Yds/Pass (13th); 4.1 ypc (T-16th)
Impact: 9 sacks (T-6th); 5 INTs (5th); 2 FUM (13th)
TDs Scored: 1 INT (T-2nd)

ESPN Picks:
N/A

Quote:
Purple Keys to the Game:
1. Special Teams Battle- In the past, the Browns have usually kept games close with us because of our horrid special teams units. This year we've seemed to improve the unit, but it'll be important that we don't see a relapse into 2011 type ability or the Browns can get momentum via their special teams.

2. Be Aggressive, B.E. Aggressive- This is simple. We're playing an offense with a rookie QB and RB, with young WRs. If Dean Peas isn't blitzing on almost every play until its proven detrimental... then we have our answer about the type of coordinator he is. We should be run blitzing to make sure Richardson doesn't get off and spur their offense, while trusting our corners against WRs that have yet to prove themselves in this league and against a QB who has yet to do so either. We should call a defensive game where we completely set out to bully the Browns and instill our physicality onto this game.

3. Offensive balance- Torrey Smith did it once, but I'm not sure how well he'll be able to keep it up on such a short week with even more emotion going into this game. So I don't think it best to rely on the passing game to start off. That said, without Haden, Flacco should take a lot more deep shots to Smith/Jones. But it'll be important to keep a good offensive balance to set up the playaction passes deep to give the receivers more space to work with as the safeties move up.

Quote:
Jedi Knights of the day:
1. Dennis Pitta- The only thing Flacco trusts in more than his arm, is Dennis Pitta making a play... it's gotten him into some obvious trouble this year already, so if Pitta isn't making those plays, defenders will indeed be making them for him, Pitta has been marked as Flacco's go-to guy.

2. Courtney Upshaw- Upshaw doesn't necessarily NEED to have a big game, but we've seen in the past two games that Upshaw has been a big player in run pursuits and also helping to shore up our run defense by keeping pretty good outside contain. We'll need him to continue to do those things this game and not show any kind of rookie regression. If Upshaw can add to this and make plays against the pass, it'll be icing on the cake.

3. Haloti Ngata- Ngata makes another appearance. Ngata is our only elite player along the DL and therefore it puts a lot of pressure on him to continue to dominate OLs to give our defense control of the LOS. We need him to continue to do that in this game as it's become clear that the Ravens coaches won't give Terrance Cody more playing time (he absolutely stuffed runs against the Pats- he should be starting).

Sith Lord's to Avoid:
1. D'Qwell Jackson- Jackson has started off the year balling and is on many DPOY watches. Luckily we Vonta Leach to help nullify his impact in this game. When Leach is out and we're single back, our interior line will have to make sure they get to the second level and make him a priority block, else he'll be making plays.

2. Brandon Weeden- Weeden has been inconsistent to start the season to say the least. We've seen a game where he threw multiple interceptions followed by a game where he went off on the Bengals defense for over 300 yds passing.. to only level out last week against the Bills. Obviously he's a rookie so he's still getting a hand of everything NFL. The Ravens will have to keep Weeden from being a factor. I don't think the Browns defense has enough talent to truly stop our (apparently explosive) offense from getting at least 20-23 points in this ball game. So with that being said, I don't think the Browns rushing game alone could propel them to victory. But if they are able to establish a passing game and abuse Cary Williams- like everyone else does- then we could be in for a tight game where a last minute drive could be deciding this game. If we limit the Brown's passing success, we should win.

3. Jabaal Sheard- Sheard hasn't necessarily started this season off like expected, but Sheard had a big game against us last year to really propel him forward for the rest of the year and we can't have this game being the game that awakens him this season. Release the Kraken? I think not. Sheard is an explosive player that's getting better, it'll be important for KO to keep his head on a swivel and perform well.

Quote:
Injury Report:
BAL RAVENS
LIMITED PRACTICE
Tuesday
CB, Lardarius Webb (knee)
LB, Brendan Ayanbendejo (knee)

CLE Browns
DNP
Tuesday
Mohammed Massaquoi (hamstring)- WR
Alex Smith (head)- TE

LP
Tuesday
Sheldon Brown (chest)- CB
Joshua Cribbs (knee)- WR/STs
James Michael Johnson (ribs)- LB
Ray Ventrone (hand)- DB

Solid win or 2011 style upset..? Discuss.

Last edited by diamondbull424 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:53 am; edited 2 times in total
drd23

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So tempted to edit in an "All of the above" option to the poll...

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
sp6488

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I mentioned in the other thread, I expect this to be a get right game for our defense, especially against mr. Weeden. So for the purposes of the poll I picked Cam.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anybody, I think it'll be Cam. This is a textbook "Let me go back to the way I want to do things because we should win this game easily" type game for him. I think our defense will be very good this game, but I can see our offense struggling a bit. But, I think eventually they turn it on and we us pull away thanks to some key turnovers.

My weekly terrible predictions:

Ravens 30
Browns 10

( 10-7 at halfitme )

Flacco: 23/34, 319 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT
Rice: 14 carries, 64 yards, TD; 4 rec, 36 yards
Boldin: 3 rec, 47 yards, TD
Smith: 5 rec, 94 yards, TD
Jones: 3 rec, 64 yards
Pitta: 5 rec, 43 yards

Reed: 2 INT
Upshaw: 1.5 sacks
Ngata: 1 sack
McPhee: .5 sacks
Kruger: 1 sack

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Home game. Short week. Rookie QB and overall terrible team.

Browns 7, Ravens 52

Free Ray Rice
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is definitely a typical trap game for our offense, and I'm not so confident that Cam will have a good gameplan or be able to maintain good playcalls on a short week against an incredibly inferior team.

I still think we win this one, but it might be closer than some expect.

Browns: 6
Ravens: 13

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know I remember earlier on in Harbaugh's coaching tenure here, we would always seem to beat the teams that we SHOULD beat. Last year was really the only aberration to that rule.

So I'll try and summon as much of my inner DontTazeMeBro as possible and say we go out in this game and try to make a statement about how good of a team we are. Brian Billick mentioned it best how sometimes adversity can really bring a team together, well Torrey Smith's unfortunate loss could be the catalyst to getting this team to that next level of "team preparation". It could keep us from suffering from those lethargic losses we saw the team face last year.

The Ravens defense against the run has been steadily improving as Upshaw has begun to realize his potential. I like us to limit the Browns to something like 2.7 ypc and prevent their ground game from being a weapon. And then shutting down Wheedon on 3rd downs. Eventually once we take a lead, I expect the Browns to have to try and play catch up and the Ravens defense to capitalize by creating turnovers.

One of these weeks, me predicting Jimmy Smith to have a breakout game is ACTUALLY going to happen. Eventually he'll have that 2 INTs performance that I predict. With limited options for the Browns and with them not being likely to test Webb (unless they're stupid), that could give Smith some opportunities to pick off Wheedon and build his confidence and finally get the "start" on defense. I expect this game to go a lot like the Cincy game went in the 2nd half... only this game, it goes like that for the entire game. I expect to have a Tyrod Taylor sighting.

I'll say we win: 37-9.

Flacco: 336 yds passing, 3 TDs
Rice: 78 yds rushing (14 car), 31 yds rec.- 1 TD
Leach: 8 yds rushing (3 car), 1 TD
Pitta: 114 yds receiving (9 rec.), 1 TD
Jones: 74 yds receiving (4 rec.), 1 TD
Boldin: 68 yds receiving (5 rec.)
Smith: 49 yds receiving (2 rec.)

Jimmy Smith: 2 INTs
Bernard Pollard: 1 INT
Haloti Ngata: 1 sack, 1 FF
Courtney Upshaw: 1 sk, FR
Lardarius Webb: 2 sks

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
This is definitely a typical trap game for our offense, and I'm not so confident that Cam will have a good gameplan or be able to maintain good playcalls on a short week against an incredibly inferior team.

I still think we win this one, but it might be closer than some expect.

Browns: 6
Ravens: 13

I would agree with it being much closer than people expect, but I just don't see our offense only scoring 13 pts win, lose, or draw. Especially not with Clevelands best corner being suspended for this game.

Prediction:
Ravens 27
Browns 10
Dark ops

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the final score should be :

Ravens 34
Browns 7

but most likely the final score will be :

Ravens 24
Browns 13
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark ops wrote:
the final score should be :

Ravens Over 9,000!!!!
Browns -2

but most likely the final score will be :

Ravens 24
Browns 13

FIFY Laughing

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
HokieRaven5

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking this will be one of those tight frustrating games up until Ed Reed picks off weedon and pitches to "insert player here" for another 108 yd INT return.

Browns D will slow the O down a bit.

Ravens 24
Browns 10

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a habit of dropping games to inferior teams after big emotional wins (see Titans and Seahawks last year). I think as a group, we (Raven's fans) are being waaaay too overconfident -- lets hope that the Ravens themselves aren't making that same mistake.
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b-rave11 wrote:
We have a habit of dropping games to inferior teams after big emotional wins (see Titans and Seahawks last year). I think as a group, we (Raven's fans) are being waaaay too overconfident -- lets hope that the Ravens themselves aren't making that same mistake.

There is absolutely, positively NO way Harbaugh lets this team be overconfident for any game this year. We, as fans, are here for that.

Ravens: 4,327
Browns: 2 (on a botched snap)

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b-rave11 wrote:

Last season that seemed to be the case but keep in mind that was also the first season where we saw the Ravens lose games like that while Harbaugh has been the coach. The Browns are the worst team in the league. I'm not buying this as a "trap" game for the Ravens at all - divisional rivals or not.

What I'm most interested in for this game is how they scheme against Richardson. He hasn't had a great start to the year but he still has a ton of talent and should be the focal point of their offense. I'd also like to see if the Ravens start using their no-huddle offense again, it's been almost non-existent the past couple of weeks.

I kind of rode the fence with predictions for the first three weeks but not this game. Both the offense and defense should be in line for great showings although I won't get too excited if/when that happens since Cleveland isn't a good measuring stick. Remember the Lions game from a couple of seasons ago? Yeah that's what I see coming Thursday night.

hornbybrown

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Browns win

18-17 Thanks to Phil The Drill Dawson kicking 6 FG's to from 50 or more yards. Laughing Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: