Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Arsenal Football Club Part IV: Top of the table!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
The Wyzzinator


Moderator
Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 15693
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Arsenal Football Club Part IV: Top of the table! Reply with quote

Man City's tunnel cam is awesome.. hope they do one at the Emirates.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/gael-clichy-disappointed-arsene-wenger-didn-t-greet-170927745--sow.html

Also, Clichy says Wenger snubbed him. Laughing


_________________


Last edited by The Wyzzinator on Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:08 am; edited 34 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jeezy Fanatic


Joined: 29 Mar 2007
Posts: 22453
Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The look on Arsene's face is priceless.
_________________


Sig By Mike23md

Adopt A Skin

Leonard Hankerson
Santana Moss
Brandon Meriweather
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
The Wyzzinator


Moderator
Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 15693
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martinez, Santos, Djourou, Miquel and Yennaris confirmed as back 5 via various different quotes from Arsene.

Interesting tidbit: Before signing a contract to play Nico Yennaris used to be the mascot (Gunnersaurus Rex)
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 50171
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big game this saturday, 3 points at home will be huge for us if we can grab them against Chelsea.
_________________
FFMD 2014 - ARIZONA CARDINALS GM - CLICK ME - YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 28017
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wyzzinator wrote:
Martinez, Santos, Djourou, Miquel and Yennaris confirmed as back 5 via various different quotes from Arsene.

Interesting tidbit: Before signing a contract to play Nico Yennaris used to be the mascot (Gunnersaurus Rex)


That doesn't sound right.

I'm pretty sure he was a child mascot in 2000 when coventry last played arsenal in the league at highbury.

I didn't read the programme today as we were late. But I'm pretty sure he wasn't the actual club mascot.
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RoxSox2004


Joined: 17 Mar 2010
Posts: 17081
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, he was the kid who held the pennant before the game.


_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
charger-man


FF Fanatic
Joined: 26 Nov 2004
Posts: 4974
Location: Washington, DC
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it was a fun game, wish I could have seen it. Can't take too much from the game (it is Coventry, after all) but it's nice to see Giroud get his first Arsenal goal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BirdsFan06050


Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 19274
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squid on the bench FTW.

In all honesty, it's nice to hear Giroud pot his 1st goal. Sounds as if he won't start this weekend though.
_________________
"There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows; and the book says we may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Wyzzinator


Moderator
Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 15693
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
The Wyzzinator wrote:
Martinez, Santos, Djourou, Miquel and Yennaris confirmed as back 5 via various different quotes from Arsene.

Interesting tidbit: Before signing a contract to play Nico Yennaris used to be the mascot (Gunnersaurus Rex)


That doesn't sound right.

I'm pretty sure he was a child mascot in 2000 when coventry last played arsenal in the league at highbury.

I didn't read the programme today as we were late. But I'm pretty sure he wasn't the actual club mascot.


Oh, I wasn't aware they were referred to as mascots Laughing

I just automatically assumed he wore the dinosaur costume! my bad
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 28017
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to give respect to the coventry fans who filled the lower tier of the south stand and half of the upper, and were still singing when they were 6-1 down.

As for arsenal players, the keeper was very agile although he didn't have a lot to do he made it all look spectacular. The cermet backs were rarely tested, but looked comfortable in possession. The right back has some speed but his crossing left a lot to be desired, positionally both full backs were pretty poor.

The two central midfielders were handy, very impressed again with coquelin he had a nice touch and paying range. Chamberlain was ok, but looked most dangerous when he drifted inside, every time i watch him he looks less and less like a winger. Walcott ran a lot and scored two meaningless goals, although credit the finishing, but otherwise continued little. Arshavin saw plenty of the ball but was far too wasteful for someone of his talent, well taken goal though.

Giroud was pretty decent, dominated in the air, chased a lot of lost causes and scored a nice goal.

Overall it was a solid performance albeit against a side battling relegation in league one.
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Wyzzinator


Moderator
Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 15693
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
Got to give respect to the coventry fans who filled the lower tier of the south stand and half of the upper, and were still singing when they were 6-1 down.

As for arsenal players, the keeper was very agile although he didn't have a lot to do he made it all look spectacular. The cermet backs were rarely tested, but looked comfortable in possession. The right back has some speed but his crossing left a lot to be desired, positionally both full backs were pretty poor.

The two central midfielders were handy, very impressed again with coquelin he had a nice touch and paying range. Chamberlain was ok, but looked most dangerous when he drifted inside, every time i watch him he looks less and less like a winger. Walcott ran a lot and scored two meaningless goals, although credit the finishing, but otherwise continued little. Arshavin saw plenty of the ball but was far too wasteful for someone of his talent, well taken goal though.

Giroud was pretty decent, dominated in the air, chased a lot of lost causes and scored a nice goal.

Overall it was a solid performance albeit against a side battling relegation in league one.


Glad to hear Miquel and Yennaris played pretty well, as well as Coquelin.

Listening to the audio commentary was kind of annoying but funny when we got the penalty and all you could hear was "Giroud grabs the ball and will take the penalty", and Twitter starts freaking out with "Why is Djourou taking the penalty?!"

Ox's shot from distance was really nice technique, although the GK probably could have done better.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 28017
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse my spelling I have autocorrect on my phone and it makes me want to punch a wall.
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RoxSox2004


Joined: 17 Mar 2010
Posts: 17081
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still nervous about Wilshere's recovery, but they're being completely cautious with it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yankee0724


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 17266
Location: Anims Tito
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wyzzinator wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
Got to give respect to the coventry fans who filled the lower tier of the south stand and half of the upper, and were still singing when they were 6-1 down.

As for arsenal players, the keeper was very agile although he didn't have a lot to do he made it all look spectacular. The cermet backs were rarely tested, but looked comfortable in possession. The right back has some speed but his crossing left a lot to be desired, positionally both full backs were pretty poor.

The two central midfielders were handy, very impressed again with coquelin he had a nice touch and paying range. Chamberlain was ok, but looked most dangerous when he drifted inside, every time i watch him he looks less and less like a winger. Walcott ran a lot and scored two meaningless goals, although credit the finishing, but otherwise continued little. Arshavin saw plenty of the ball but was far too wasteful for someone of his talent, well taken goal though.

Giroud was pretty decent, dominated in the air, chased a lot of lost causes and scored a nice goal.

Overall it was a solid performance albeit against a side battling relegation in league one.


Glad to hear Miquel and Yennaris played pretty well, as well as Coquelin.

Listening to the audio commentary was kind of annoying but funny when we got the penalty and all you could hear was "Giroud grabs the ball and will take the penalty", and Twitter starts freaking out with "Why is Djourou taking the penalty?!"

Ox's shot from distance was really nice technique, although the GK probably could have done better.


Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
_________________
ravens_rool28 wrote:
I hate loving you.

UofMfan909 wrote:
also, yankee.. you usually have pretty good taste in things

#DIJ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 28017
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He left cos your [inappropriate/removed], he left cos you [inappropriate/removed], Robin van Persie, he left cos your [inappropriate/removed].

That was a pretty funny chant from the Coventry fans.

The Arsenal had a good one for Giroud which involved Adebayor, but I can't remember it.
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level



Last edited by texans_uk on Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 1 of 99

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group