Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rank The Top Five Defenses
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
texans_uk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pollard was great in 2009 for us. But was exposed badly in 2010. He's a perfect compliment to an Ed Reed type safety, not a decrepit Eugene Wilson.

Rosstafarian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
Unrelated side note: Pollard actually bought my friends and I a few rounds of beers once; It was after the 2009 win over New England in Houston, one that got us at 9-7 for the year. We went to a string of bars that's close to Reliant to watch the game, and we were hanging out afterwards when he walked in. Nobody really recognized him but us, so we told him to join our table and hang out for a while, watch the Jets/Bengals game. He didn't join us, but he stayed and chit chatted for a while with us, and kept on buying us beer (he was drinking water). I think we talked about football for a whole 10 minutes, and the rest of the conversation was about everything else - women, food, whatever.

Really cool guy, good to see him doing well now. He was either loved or hated in Houston, so it's good to see him get nothing but love from Baltimore.

Now...Jacoby Jones, on the other hand. Enjoy this for now, because the bottom is BOUND to fall out sooner rather than later. Laughing

I think I remember which Patriots player's knee he injured that game. Wes Welker IIRC.

Welker went down untouched in that game Smile
reckless123

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. San Francisco
2. Cardinals
3. Seahawks
4. Texans
5. Falcons

The reason i put houston at 4 is because of their schedule.

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
HighMotorGuy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
1. San Francisco
2. Cardinals
3. Seahawks
4. Texans
5. Falcons

I agree. Think the Texans need some more new litmus tests before we crown them as the best defense in the NFL.

Even going back to last year, they have played nothing but cupcakes. Still not sure how a secondary consisting of Glover Quinn, Brice McCain and Kareem Jackson is going to handle a elite offense.
texans_uk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighMotorGuy wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
1. San Francisco
2. Cardinals
3. Seahawks
4. Texans
5. Falcons

I agree. Think the Texans need some more new litmus tests before we crown them as the best defense in the NFL.

Even going back to last year, they have played nothing but cupcakes. Still not sure how a secondary consisting of Glover Quinn, Brice McCain and Kareem Jackson is going to handle a elite offense.

Glover Quin Jr. is a good safety.

reckless123

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighMotorGuy wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
1. San Francisco
2. Cardinals
3. Seahawks
4. Texans
5. Falcons

yeh if they do this against the pats.

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
wow_junky

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have the Eagles really done enough to be top 10? They've conceded 22 PPG against 2 very modest offences + the Ravens... Admittedly I haven't seen them play much so hopefully someone can enlighten me!
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow_junky wrote:
Have the Eagles really done enough to be top 10? They've conceded 22 PPG against 2 very modest offences + the Ravens... Admittedly I haven't seen them play much so hopefully someone can enlighten me!

Theyve kept the team in the game when the offense constantly turned the ball over.

Bird Watch: Mychal Kendricks
Tackles: 13 Sacks: 1 Interceptions: 0
baconrad3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow_junky wrote:

The defense has actually given up about 19 ppg....the offense has given up 2 tds actually on turnovers that were taken back for TDs

and considering how many other turnovers there have been....it's even more impressive.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
Slaymont Harris

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
wow_junky wrote:

The defense has actually given up about 19 ppg....the offense has given up 2 tds actually on turnovers that were taken back for TDs

and considering how many other turnovers there have been....it's even more impressive.

I'd like to see a stat for all teams that subtracts non-defensive TDs given up and includes the offenses turnovers. For example, the Bears have given up 12 PPG once you subtract a pick 6 and a special teams TD, despite Jay throwing an additional 5 picks.
tom cody

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) San Francisco
2) Atlanta
3) Houston
4) Arizona
5) Seattle
Pugger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willink wrote:
GB defense is looking back to 2010 form:

-7th in PPG
-1st in N/YA Passing/Real Passing Yards Per Attempt
-Tied with Cardinals for 2nd in sacks
-7th in opposing passer rating, despite being shifted by touchdown that wasn't. Without that pass they are 4th with 63.4 behind Chicago and ahead of Houston.
-3rd in 3rd Down %
-8th in 1st Down %

still not playing run defense, but we didn't play it in 2010 either (4.7 Y/A then vs 4.8 Y/A now). Gotta see what they look like against New Orleans and Houston but this doesn't seem like the unit which gave up record passing yards last year. Right now they allow the fewest passing yards in the NFL.

I was fairly pleased with the way we contained Lynch. He got his yards but he didn't run over us like some other top RBs did last season.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slaymont Harris wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
wow_junky wrote:

I'd like to see a stat for all teams that subtracts non-defensive TDs given up and includes the offenses turnovers. For example, the Bears have given up 12 PPG once you subtract a pick 6 and a special teams TD, despite Jay throwing an additional 5 picks.

You'd think that statisticians would be logical enough to formulate points per game allowed by only points actually given up by the defense.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
mse326

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
Slaymont Harris wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
wow_junky wrote:

You'd think that statisticians would be logical enough to formulate points per game allowed by only points actually given up by the defense.

Why?

PPG is a team stat. Not a defensive stat. The TEAM gave up the points. If you want to just look defense you have to do some basic math. Oh the humanity.

#JDI
canadaluvsdalla

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowboys. Can't beleive I'm saying this. But our secondary is the strongest part of our team now. Shocked

Jason Garrett wrote:
It's not about them, it's about us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: