Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rank The Top Five Defenses
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 29097
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pollard was great in 2009 for us. But was exposed badly in 2010. He's a perfect compliment to an Ed Reed type safety, not a decrepit Eugene Wilson.
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rosstafarian


Joined: 04 Aug 2011
Posts: 667
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
Unrelated side note: Pollard actually bought my friends and I a few rounds of beers once; It was after the 2009 win over New England in Houston, one that got us at 9-7 for the year. We went to a string of bars that's close to Reliant to watch the game, and we were hanging out afterwards when he walked in. Nobody really recognized him but us, so we told him to join our table and hang out for a while, watch the Jets/Bengals game. He didn't join us, but he stayed and chit chatted for a while with us, and kept on buying us beer (he was drinking water). I think we talked about football for a whole 10 minutes, and the rest of the conversation was about everything else - women, food, whatever.

Really cool guy, good to see him doing well now. He was either loved or hated in Houston, so it's good to see him get nothing but love from Baltimore.

Now...Jacoby Jones, on the other hand. Enjoy this for now, because the bottom is BOUND to fall out sooner rather than later. Laughing

I think I remember which Patriots player's knee he injured that game. Wes Welker IIRC.


Welker went down untouched in that game Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
reckless123


Joined: 02 Jun 2011
Posts: 12442
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. San Francisco
2. Cardinals
3. Seahawks
4. Texans
5. Falcons

The reason i put houston at 4 is because of their schedule.
_________________


"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HighMotorGuy


Joined: 17 Sep 2012
Posts: 577
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
1. San Francisco
2. Cardinals
3. Seahawks
4. Texans
5. Falcons

The reason i put houston at 4 is because of their schedule.


I agree. Think the Texans need some more new litmus tests before we crown them as the best defense in the NFL.

Even going back to last year, they have played nothing but cupcakes. Still not sure how a secondary consisting of Glover Quinn, Brice McCain and Kareem Jackson is going to handle a elite offense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 29097
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighMotorGuy wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
1. San Francisco
2. Cardinals
3. Seahawks
4. Texans
5. Falcons

The reason i put houston at 4 is because of their schedule.


I agree. Think the Texans need some more new litmus tests before we crown them as the best defense in the NFL.

Even going back to last year, they have played nothing but cupcakes. Still not sure how a secondary consisting of Glover Quinn, Brice McCain and Kareem Jackson is going to handle a elite offense.


Glover Quin Jr. is a good safety.
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
reckless123


Joined: 02 Jun 2011
Posts: 12442
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighMotorGuy wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
1. San Francisco
2. Cardinals
3. Seahawks
4. Texans
5. Falcons

The reason i put houston at 4 is because of their schedule.


I agree. Think the Texans need some more new litmus tests before we crown them as the best defense in the NFL.

Even going back to last year, they have played nothing but cupcakes. Still not sure how a secondary consisting of Glover Quinn, Brice McCain and Kareem Jackson is going to handle a elite offense.


yeh if they do this against the pats.
_________________


"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wow_junky


Joined: 25 Jul 2011
Posts: 310
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have the Eagles really done enough to be top 10? They've conceded 22 PPG against 2 very modest offences + the Ravens... Admittedly I haven't seen them play much so hopefully someone can enlighten me!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hammertime52


Joined: 15 Jan 2012
Posts: 10895
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow_junky wrote:
Have the Eagles really done enough to be top 10? They've conceded 22 PPG against 2 very modest offences + the Ravens... Admittedly I haven't seen them play much so hopefully someone can enlighten me!


Theyve kept the team in the game when the offense constantly turned the ball over.
_________________

Bird Watch: Mychal Kendricks
Tackles: 13 Sacks: 1 Interceptions: 0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
baconrad3


Joined: 27 Apr 2010
Posts: 7679
Location: Tempe, AZ
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow_junky wrote:
Have the Eagles really done enough to be top 10? They've conceded 22 PPG against 2 very modest offences + the Ravens... Admittedly I haven't seen them play much so hopefully someone can enlighten me!


The defense has actually given up about 19 ppg....the offense has given up 2 tds actually on turnovers that were taken back for TDs


and considering how many other turnovers there have been....it's even more impressive.
_________________


#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Slaymont Harris


Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 1154
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
wow_junky wrote:
Have the Eagles really done enough to be top 10? They've conceded 22 PPG against 2 very modest offences + the Ravens... Admittedly I haven't seen them play much so hopefully someone can enlighten me!


The defense has actually given up about 19 ppg....the offense has given up 2 tds actually on turnovers that were taken back for TDs


and considering how many other turnovers there have been....it's even more impressive.

I'd like to see a stat for all teams that subtracts non-defensive TDs given up and includes the offenses turnovers. For example, the Bears have given up 12 PPG once you subtract a pick 6 and a special teams TD, despite Jay throwing an additional 5 picks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tom cody


Joined: 01 Sep 2007
Posts: 8655
Location: Canada
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) San Francisco
2) Atlanta
3) Houston
4) Arizona
5) Seattle
_________________
Me lose brain? Uh, oh! Ha ha ha! Why I laugh?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 8639
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willink wrote:
GB defense is looking back to 2010 form:

-7th in PPG
-1st in N/YA Passing/Real Passing Yards Per Attempt
-Tied with Cardinals for 2nd in sacks
-7th in opposing passer rating, despite being shifted by touchdown that wasn't. Without that pass they are 4th with 63.4 behind Chicago and ahead of Houston.
-3rd in 3rd Down %
-8th in 1st Down %

still not playing run defense, but we didn't play it in 2010 either (4.7 Y/A then vs 4.8 Y/A now). Gotta see what they look like against New Orleans and Houston but this doesn't seem like the unit which gave up record passing yards last year. Right now they allow the fewest passing yards in the NFL.


I was fairly pleased with the way we contained Lynch. He got his yards but he didn't run over us like some other top RBs did last season.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
baconrad3


Joined: 27 Apr 2010
Posts: 7679
Location: Tempe, AZ
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slaymont Harris wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
wow_junky wrote:
Have the Eagles really done enough to be top 10? They've conceded 22 PPG against 2 very modest offences + the Ravens... Admittedly I haven't seen them play much so hopefully someone can enlighten me!


The defense has actually given up about 19 ppg....the offense has given up 2 tds actually on turnovers that were taken back for TDs


and considering how many other turnovers there have been....it's even more impressive.

I'd like to see a stat for all teams that subtracts non-defensive TDs given up and includes the offenses turnovers. For example, the Bears have given up 12 PPG once you subtract a pick 6 and a special teams TD, despite Jay throwing an additional 5 picks.


You'd think that statisticians would be logical enough to formulate points per game allowed by only points actually given up by the defense.
_________________


#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mse326


Moderator
Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 16309
Location: mike23md on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
Slaymont Harris wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
wow_junky wrote:
Have the Eagles really done enough to be top 10? They've conceded 22 PPG against 2 very modest offences + the Ravens... Admittedly I haven't seen them play much so hopefully someone can enlighten me!


The defense has actually given up about 19 ppg....the offense has given up 2 tds actually on turnovers that were taken back for TDs


and considering how many other turnovers there have been....it's even more impressive.

I'd like to see a stat for all teams that subtracts non-defensive TDs given up and includes the offenses turnovers. For example, the Bears have given up 12 PPG once you subtract a pick 6 and a special teams TD, despite Jay throwing an additional 5 picks.


You'd think that statisticians would be logical enough to formulate points per game allowed by only points actually given up by the defense.


Why?

PPG is a team stat. Not a defensive stat. The TEAM gave up the points. If you want to just look defense you have to do some basic math. Oh the humanity.
_________________

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
canadaluvsdalla


Joined: 19 Jan 2011
Posts: 3390
Location: Travel-er
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowboys. Can't beleive I'm saying this. But our secondary is the strongest part of our team now. Shocked
_________________

Jason Garrett wrote:
It's not about them, it's about us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group