Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Language

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Language Reply with quote

Lately, tempers have been flaring up in NFL News, so I am going to borrow this reminder that MrDrew placed in TAST:

MrDrew wrote:
It seems there's been some problems remembering the rules lately, so here's a reminder...

Quote:
1. Do not post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. This includes references in usernames, signatures, avatars, and PMs.

If you see a "[inappropriate/removed]" from something you typed, you broke the rules.

If you take a word you know you're not supposed to type here, and change one letter to a symbol, you broke the rules.

If you change the spelling of a bad word so that it still sounds like the word, you're breaking the rules.

It's not a hard rule to understand, and it really shouldn't be a hard rule to follow. Type like you would talk if Grandma was in the room. If you're dropping f-bombs in front of Grandma, stop doing that, and then change the way you'd normally talk when you're here.

This has become a pretty big problem lately. Some of you have gotten a PM about it, and have stopped. It's appreciated. The rest of you need to consider this a way of being asked nicely to stop before warnings are handed out.

Thanks for your time.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll add something brought to my attention, courtesy of tylerdouglass: This rule extends beyond what you actually type on your keyboard, and extends to .gif images as well as twitter updates/Facebook posts, etc.

If an image has a word that would break any of the rules above - if you post it, you're breaking a rule. If you post a twitter feed that would break any of the rules above - you're breaking a rule.

Just like MrDrew said - This has become an issue lately. When we ask you to be mindful of it, you have been very good about curbing the issue, and we thank you for that. However, we are looking to take a strong approach, so please consider this as you post your .gif images, twitter feeds and other applicable items as we proceed.

Thanks!

- ET

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: