Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Might have just found the perfect trade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Might have just found the perfect trade Reply with quote

These two guys both have bad contracts according to their fanbases and both cold use this position upgraded. More could be involved but I'm not sure how each fanbase would feel about it but for now we'll just call it straight up. If you think one team should get more feel free to add to the trade.

Without further ado the trade to save the Jets offseason is. . . .

The Jets trade:

to

Carolina for:

Why? CAR could use another good receiving threat for CAM, who is struggling. Holmes is a crisp route runner when he wants to be and would be a nice safety outlet for CAM when Smith isn't open deep.

Williams has a big deal like Holmes but seems to be the forgotten man in CAR. Stewert seems to be the main guy and there is no reason to have a backup running back getting 2-3 carries a game making $8+ mil.

Williams is going on 30 but he's also pretty fresh due to his light workload. Yes he doesn't solve the RB issue only delay it. We'd still need a feature back in the next few years but at least for the moment we will have a good stop gap to complaiment Greene. Williams is excellent out of the backfield and if we didn't have to draft a RB high in the first few rounds we could use that pick on a Guard to clear the way for Williams/Greene.

I think this trade works out great for both teams invloved. Do picks need to be added? Would CAR take a shot on Holmes for next year knowing they could cutting him the year after with minimal penalty (not sure if that's true someone would need to fact check that but I thought that was the deal). Seems like a win win to me.

Props to Mack on the sig
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would Carolina trade a player that can contribute this season for a player who can't contribute this season?

Players and coaches in Carolina are essentially playing for their job right now. I can't see a reason why a coach would sign up for that.

I'll say this though, I'd be happy if this happened.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
Why would Carolina trade a player that can contribute this season for a player who can't contribute this season?

Players and coaches in Carolina are essentially playing for their job right now. I can't see a reason why a coach would sign up for that.

'

If this happens in the offseason, I would love it! Williams seems to have fallen out of favor in Carolina, and they do have a huge need at WR. Plus, both of their contracts are pretty substantial, so it seems like it would be a good trade.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 73 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT: 0
MoLewis57

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do i sign?
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I approve this message.

Quote:
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
green24

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a very good trade. Williams is owed less money, so Tanny might have a lot of negotiating to do.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Sounds like a very good trade. Williams is owed less money, so Tanny might have a lot of negotiating to do.

And Holmes is very cuttable after next season anyway, so the Panthers can go that route in case he doesn't work out for them.

It really does make a lot of sense for both sides, the only thing now is Holmes' injury. But if the Panthers feel comfortable with his progress it won't be too much of a hold up. And Williams doesn't have a lot of carries despite being 30 next season. He could def give us a solid 4 years IMO.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 73 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT: 0
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:

Clearly it was meant for the offseason. I'm sure they would need to make sure Holmes was healthy. It just makes too much sense.

You guys think it's a fair trade value wise? Would either team need to add pick or something to the trade or would the value be even straight up? I think it seems a fair.

Props to Mack on the sig
moham-17

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want Holmes out. I don't care how.

I'd be willing to give some team a 5th round pick just for taking Holmes off our hands.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't mind the trade, but I don't believe Williams would be the best way to go. I'd rather see us make a move for a LB or S, and draft a RB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: