Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A MAJOR Overhaul is needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neauone

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: A MAJOR Overhaul is needed Reply with quote

While I don't think the defense is as bad as they played earlier in the year, and the team seems to have found some bonding as a unit. It doesn't mean that their will not be a major overhaul next year. The Jets need some major players at major positions. If Sanchez is going to have any chance of being a "good" QB, than the Jets have to address the offensive line. They currently have a few bandaids until the season is over. Granted WR is an issue, but with a year in the system Hill will be much better and Holmes will return (if he's not traded or hasn't lost a step). So the Jets could use another WR, and TE. Its possible that both Keller and Greene have seen their last days as Jets. However the Jets may put a franchise tag on Keller. Both Greene and Keller are playing for new contracts, but Greene has been a major disappointment. So RB is not out of the question as well. The Jets also need some LB help, the crew with the exception of Harris is old and slow. So going into next season, I believe it is safe to say, that this years Jets will not be the "same old Jets".
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jets will surely make some cap cuts, but "overhaul" is not going to happen, nor is it necessary.

In reality, I see the Jets being down two or three major players from this year going into next year. Bart Scott and Calvin Pace are either going to have to take massive pay cuts, or be gone, and I hope Tebow tries to get his way onto another team.

Other than that, I see us retaining almost all of our FA, and continuing to build through the draft.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
The Jets will surely make some cap cuts, but "overhaul" is not going to happen, nor is it necessary.

In reality, I see the Jets being down two or three major players from this year going into next year. Bart Scott and Calvin Pace are either going to have to take massive pay cuts, or be gone, and I hope Tebow tries to get his way onto another team.

Other than that, I see us retaining almost all of our FA, and continuing to build through the draft.

I agree with all this is theory because its all the right moves, however Bart and Pace just have to go, their dead weight.

Our problem is we dont build through the draft. We trade away draft picks for players we either get rid of or dont help us, and then we try to trade up and take players that either aren't that good or shouldn't get drafted. We HAVE to be smarter on draft day or well never have sustained success.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
rickyt31

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remove Scott, Pace, and Thomas for younger and faster LB's. Fix the run blocking. Remove Holmes. Get a RB. I'll be happy with that.

Quote:
It's not about the money, it's about sending a message. - The Joker
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't call it major but we need a few new players at some key positions.

On offense:
1. We could use 2 new OG's
2. We need a second TE
3. We are in need of a more complete 3 down RB (one with speed would be ideal)

On defense:
1. We need 2 new OLB's who have some speed and pass rushing ability
2. A new FS would be nice (Allen could be a decent fit if he continues to play well though)

So really 6-7 new key contributors are needed. If that's an overhaul then yes we need one but that's doable with the cap we should have and the draft picks.

A guard, a TE, and maybe 1 new OLB should be the top priority for the offseason. If we take care of that then we should be able to land the rest via draft.

1st round - OLB
2nd - RB
3rd - OG
4th - CB/FS
5th - blocking TE
6th - FB
7th - BPA

I actually don't mind our WR's as long as we get a second TE threat and a pass catching RB which will give us enough receiving threats even without a true #1 WR. Sanchez plays better when he can just look for the open man rather then forcing to a #1 WR (like Holmes thinks he is).

Props to Mack on the sig
Malik

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can't keep Sanchez AND get rid of Keller. Keller is the ONLY offensive player that Sanchez has had not on the o-line that has been with him for more than 2 seasons.
green24

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keller absolutely should be re-signed. Bart Scott, Calvin Pace, and Jason Smith will be cut after the season. I really hope we also cut Eric Smith and get rid of Tebow.
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a easy decision to franchise tag Keller, the tag for TEs isn't that much compared to others. Hes worth keeping around, he has his issues but overall hes a good receiver and I rather keep him around.

Props to El Ramster on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: