Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency Thread - V 3.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 77, 78, 79  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Just hope they are not huge contracts.

Judging by Reggie's statements and moves over his time here I just dont see him signing any of those guys to anything other than reaosnable deals. I mean, its possible he pays them more than they are worth, but I have a hard time believing he will after making such a big deal about contracts and cutting ties with overpaid guys.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
early43

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
The Raiders and OLB Phillip Wheeler are close to a new 2-3 year deal as reported by sports radio "The Game". They also reported that the Raiders are also close to a deal with TE Brandon Myers.

Hopefully Desmond Bryant is the next in the line...

While I wish he was ahead of both Wheeler and Myers in terms of contract negotiations, this is still good news for us.

Wheeler and Myers are solid starters. Nothing flashy or super star about their game, just good, lunch pail kind of players.

Im betting Bryant gets the biggest contract out of the three tho.
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Rolni wrote:
Here are some new names with the recent coaching hires:

-Sparano...Brandon Moore, Matt Slauson
-April...King Dunlap, Darryl Tapp, Akeem Jordan

Leodis McKelvin, Bradley Fletcher and Nate Garner.

If i have to bet, McKelvin is a Raider next year. CB and PR are huge needs. We added his ST coach his first 2 years in Buffalo and a defensive coach from the Bills. We kill 2 birds with one stone with this signing as he provides good depth at CB, at least, and is a very good returner.

Fletcher has the size and speed (6'0 - 200/4.47) we seem to be looking for in CBs. He was coached by Clayton Lopez in St Louis and lost his starting spot with the additions of Finnegan and Jenkins. He's a starter in our current group of CBs though. And he's still young.

Garner is a versatile PBS lineman (G and RT) drafted by the Dolphins in Sparano's first year as HC. Won't be expensive either.

Good finds man!!

excellent digging, i like the links to our new coaching staff, make a lot of sense
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Totty wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
r8der14 wrote:
Sign Jake Long now that we have sparano, bounce veldheer to right tackle, and trade down and draft warmack and we have the most dominate line in the league!

While this seems unreasonable, it's the making of a damn good line haha

Long - Warmack - Wiz - Nix? - Veldheer

Shocked

Long - Wiz - Parsons - Warmack - Veldheer Wink

Boing, yoing, yoing, yoing, yoing. Drool Drool Drool

Long is a serious health risk. No thanks. Assuming his measureables check out, Joeckel is the ONLY prospect I would even consider moving Veldheer for. Long is a shell of himself. Parsons at C? Ug! Moving Wiz back to LG where he really wasn't that good isn't a good move either. Wiz would be just another guy at LG but has serious potential at C.
What? Wiz played at a high level at LG, him and Veldheer were a dominate left side, Wiz even won player of the week as a guard and was in the running in other weeks, to say he wasnt that good is a false statement.

and good experienced Centres can oft be acquired cheaply in FA - one of the cheapest and best stocked positions (Reggie could, for example, go back to the Packers for Evan Dietrich-Smith)
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

think we culd afford andre Smith (Bengals RT) this off-season?

Veldheer - Bergstrom - Wisniewski - Brisiel - Smith would be a real big improvement, shore up the entire offense
Rolni

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreadymatt wrote:

Veldheer - Bergstrom - Wisniewski - Brisiel - Smith would be a real big improvement, shore up the entire offense

Can't
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
Dreadymatt wrote:

Can't

fair play, then lets go super-cheap and get Jeff Faine (cut by Bengals last year), and shuffle the line like this (still looks lot better to me):-

Veldheer - Wisniewski - Faine - Brisiel - Bergstrom
Rolni

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreadymatt wrote:
Rolni wrote:
Dreadymatt wrote:

Can't

fair play, then lets go super-cheap and get Jeff Faine (cut by Bengals last year), and shuffle the line like this (still looks lot better to me):-

Veldheer - Wisniewski - Faine - Brisiel - Bergstrom

Wiz is our C.
C is a lot more important than LG, so you want him at C IMO.

For me Veldheer and Wiz are the fix points. The rest would be decided after TC position battles...

Veldheer-Berg\Nix\FA-Wiz-Brisiel\Berg\Nix\FA-Barnes\Berg\FA\rookie
holyghost

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

early43 wrote:
Rolni wrote:
The Raiders and OLB Phillip Wheeler are close to a new 2-3 year deal as reported by sports radio "The Game". They also reported that the Raiders are also close to a deal with TE Brandon Myers.

While I wish he was ahead of both Wheeler and Myers in terms of contract negotiations, this is still good news for us.

Wheeler and Myers are solid starters. Nothing flashy or super star about their game, just good, lunch pail kind of players.

This is likely why he is not ahead of Wheeler and Myers. Higher numbers wanted
early43

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
early43 wrote:
Rolni wrote:

No doubt. Like many have said already, Bryant is a another solid player for us. I just hope he isn't asking for too much that we can't get a deal. I'm a big Bryant guy and would hate to see him sign elsewhere.

This is likely why he is not ahead of Wheeler and Myers. Higher numbers wanted
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lions cut Titus Young. Too bad he is such a headcase, he has so much talent. I highly doubt Reggie will take a distraction with as many issues as he has already had in his short career.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
The Lions cut Titus Young. Too bad he is such a headcase, he has so much talent. I highly doubt Reggie will take a distraction with as many issues as he has already had in his short career.

Doubt it also.

However Rams claimed him off waivers. Now that they added a WR on the cheap. Trading up for a OT prospect should be even more plausible.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:

Doubt it also.

However Rams claimed him off waivers. Now that they added a WR on the cheap. Trading up for a OT prospect should be even more plausible.

Doubt that. Saffold is a fine LT. They'd be looking for a RT and can attain one in the range of their picks. AND could add another top WR with their other 1st rounder.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:

Doubt it also.

Doubt that. Saffold is a fine LT. They'd be looking for a RT and can attain one in the range of their picks. AND could add another top WR with their other 1st rounder.

Most of what I have read and heard indicates they want to move him to RT and draft a LT. This is from various sites as well. I dont think I have been to one that doesnt mock a LT to them.
holyghost

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:

Doubt it also.

Most of what I have read and heard indicates they want to move him to RT and draft a LT. This is from various sites as well. I dont think I have been to one that doesnt mock a LT to them.

I think that's more because they hold the most trade ammunition of all teams, so it makes it easy for the typical lazy individual to mock a trade up attributed to them.
Remember, this is the team that traded back last year. Not up..

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 77, 78, 79  Next
Page 31 of 79

Jump to: