Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why is There Never Competition For Jason Avant's Job?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PowerElite

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is like a cornerback that's "tough against the run." But at what cost does that come? How productive is he in coverage? Jason Avant 2 TDs in 36 games. Nuff said. Can someone produce a list of players that have only scored 3 or fewer TDs in their last 36 games?
eagles101

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
This is like a cornerback that's "tough against the run." But at what cost does that come? How productive is he in coverage? Jason Avant 2 TDs in 36 games. Nuff said. Can someone produce a list of players that have only scored 3 or fewer TDs in their last 36 games?

no its more like the CB that comes on the field ten times a game and doesnt give up a catch and makes plays in the run game.

avant plays VERY few snaps and only like 2 in the redzone. he would get more tds if we didnt have better redzone players.

but the main thing is. for someone who doesnt play much you sure do complain about him and for stupid reasons.

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
PowerElite

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clay Harbor is cutting into his snaps THIS season. As we can see Avant clearly plays plenty of snaps. Victor Cruz played only 41 more snaps than Jason Avant and still produced over 1500 yards.

Clay Harbor has 2 receptions the last 3 games...
eagles101

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Clay Harbor is cutting into his snaps THIS season. As we can see Avant clearly plays plenty of snaps. Victor Cruz played only 41 more snaps than Jason Avant and still produced over 1500 yards.

Clay Harbor has 2 receptions the last 3 games...

do you have stats from this season. that would be more interesting. because thats what this thread is about. its not how it happened last year.

41 snaps is pretty much a whole game. so he played a whole game more of snaps. hes also the giants number two WR and number two target in the passing game. and cruz had one of the best statistical season for a WR last year.

avant is our 3rd wr, 5th target at best in the pass game, and played a game worth of snaps less.

with that avant still got 679 at 13 yard avg. Cruz got 1536 and 18.6 avg. thats not that big of the difference if you look at the facts. hes not a world beater but for a 3rd wr hes pretty good...i would like to see a list of 3rd wrd on teams that you feel are better.

PowerElite

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:

do you have stats from this season. that would be more interesting. because thats what this thread is about. its not how it happened last year.

I made this thread thank you, so I can say with all certainty that it was NEVER just about this season.

The OP has inferences of the past all throughout it.
PowerElite wrote:
His spot on the roster has experienced the least amount of competition that I have ever witnessed since being an Eagles fan (excluding Brian Dawkins).
You can go all the way back to Duce Staley, even he had Buckhalter and Westbrook at his heels. Troy Vincent and Bobby Taylor had Lito and Sheldon. Sheldon had to contend with Will James and Lito was replaced by Asante. Winston Justice was drafted in the 2nd round when the Eagles already had tackles. At no point has Avant's job ever been questioned by anyone on the planet not named Powerelite. Victor Cruz and Percy Harvin are what slot receivers are suppose to look like that enjoy supreme job security. Jason Avant and his 2 TDs in his last 35 games are hurting this team significantly. Jason Avant is the "head coach's pet." He's the NFL version of the teacher's pet.

Low reading comprehension surfacing again? Rolling Eyes
eagles101

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
eagles101 wrote:

I made this thread thank you, so I can say with all certainty that it was NEVER just about this season.

The OP has inferences of the past all throughout it.
PowerElite wrote:
His spot on the roster has experienced the least amount of competition that I have ever witnessed since being an Eagles fan (excluding Brian Dawkins).
You can go all the way back to Duce Staley, even he had Buckhalter and Westbrook at his heels. Troy Vincent and Bobby Taylor had Lito and Sheldon. Sheldon had to contend with Will James and Lito was replaced by Asante. Winston Justice was drafted in the 2nd round when the Eagles already had tackles. At no point has Avant's job ever been questioned by anyone on the planet not named Powerelite. Victor Cruz and Percy Harvin are what slot receivers are suppose to look like that enjoy supreme job security. Jason Avant and his 2 TDs in his last 35 games are hurting this team significantly. Jason Avant is the "head coach's pet." He's the NFL version of the teacher's pet.

Low reading comprehension surfacing again? Rolling Eyes

well then its a poorly named thread since we shouldnt even talk about how good hes doing we should be talking about who could replace him. so then tell me that. name the 3rd string or lower wrs that could replace him...in the nfl...

BLick12

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^PE doesn't do well with stats. he had the audacity to try and say we needed a receiver with reliable hands and that Garcon should be that guy. Even after I showed him his astoundingly bad drop %, he was in denial.

Another Ginger QB in the AFC North.

Looking forward to the "No Soul Bowl" twice a year
eagles101

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
^PE doesn't do well with stats. he had the audacity to try and say we needed a receiver with reliable hands and that Garcon should be that guy. Even after I showed him his astoundingly bad drop %, he was in denial.

stats no...but he is good with stat...as in the one stat that makes his point.

PowerElite

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pierre Garcon has only played 2 games this season and has already scored an 88 yard TD. Next...
eagles101

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Pierre Garcon has only played 2 games this season and has already scored an 88 yard TD. Next...

you cant be serious.

BLick12

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's not. This is just what he does when he loses arguments. Clings to one not adequate point and parades it around like he just won the Special Olympics.

Let him be.

PowerElite

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
He's not. This is just what he does when he loses arguments. Clings to one not adequate point and parades it around like he just won the Special Olympics.

Let him be.

That's how YOU see it. I just stick to the facts. Damaris Johnson has more 3rd down conversion receptions this season than Jason Avant... Next...
eagles101

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
BLick12 wrote:

Let him be.

That's how YOU see it. I just stick to the facts. Damaris Johnson has more 3rd down conversion receptions this season than Jason Avant... Next...

where did you get that stat...if i may ask?

also could i get that list of 3rd or worse string wr that would be better then avant?

BLick12

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
BLick12 wrote:

Let him be.

How many of those have been out of the slot?

oland11

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many of us wonder what PE looks like irl?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 6 of 16

Jump to: