Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4: "Imminent Massacre" 49ers @ Jets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
San Francisco 49ers
75%
 75%  [ 22 ]
New York Jets
24%
 24%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 29

RDawg10

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw anyone see Rex today in his conference? he basically just talked about every individual player on the 49ers and basically stated what each one was so good at. Like honestly you dont gotta tell us what we already know Rex... yeah they're good.

Dont get me wrong they got some very good players. But relax Rex like seriously....

Rex's favorite saying " John Doe, oh yeah hes one of the best at his position"
moham-17

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly football, but the outcome will pretty much be the same.

But in all seriousness, I'm not completely ruling us out of this one. I could see all this talk about how the Jets are dead in the water motivating our guys to play above their skill level.

You know Rex is giving them a speech about how everyone is writing them off just because they lost one player.

I know the Revis loss hurts immensely. But I'm not giving up on the season yet.

Though if we do win, I doubt it will be through the running game or the defense (unless you believe in spontaneous generation, and we develop a pass rush out of frigging nothing). The only way we pull it off is if playoff Mark shows up and Kerley and Holmes play well. Easier said than done, especially considering the pass rush the 49ers are going to be putting on us, but it could happen.
green24

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moham-17 wrote:
But in all seriousness, I'm not completely ruling us out of this one. I could see all this talk about how the Jets are dead in the water motivating our guys to play above their skill level.

You know Rex is giving them a speech about how everyone is writing them off just because they lost one player.

Though if we do win, I doubt it will be through the running game. The only way we pull it off is if playoff Mark shows up and Kerley and Holmes play well. Easier said than done, especially considering the pass rush the 49ers are going to be putting on us, but it could happen.

I think if there's a chance we pull of a win in one of our next two wins, it's going to be against Houston. This is only because Houston likely won't be coming off a loss against a team like the Vikings.
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Jets leave it all on the field, I'll be satisfied. I don't expect a TD to be scored in this game, and the defense is going to get wrecked.

20-6, 49ers

Frank Gore is averaging 6 yards a carry....and i'm sure we got a nice helping of him and kendall hunter tomorrow Neutral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
moham-17 wrote:

Though if we do win, I doubt it will be through the running game. The only way we pull it off is if playoff Mark shows up and Kerley and Holmes play well. Easier said than done, especially considering the pass rush the 49ers are going to be putting on us, but it could happen.

I think if there's a chance we pull of a win in one of our next two wins, it's going to be against Houston. This is only because Houston likely won't be coming off a loss against a team like the Vikings.

See, I think we can actually handle a Frank Gore type running back (that is, a guy who isn't just pure explosiveness like Spiller or Bush, not to say he's not very good), whereas the Foster/Tate combo has large potential to gut us for big yards. And if we can handle Gore and put the game on Smith, we actually might have a shot, if the offense can produce 21+ points. Huge "if", I know.
green24

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moham-17 wrote:
green24 wrote:
moham-17 wrote:

See, I think we can actually handle a Frank Gore type running back (that is, a guy who isn't just pure explosiveness like Spiller or Bush, not to say he's not very good), whereas the Foster/Tate combo has large potential to gut us for big yards. And if we can handle Gore and put the game on Smith, we actually might have a shot, if the offense can produce 21+ points. Huge "if", I know.

We may match up better with SF, but they will be playing with a huge chip on their shoulders. We were able to limit Foster in 2010, when our DL was probably worse against the run than it is now. I think the rest of our defense has just gotten worse against at stopping the speed backs.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want us to compete, and not look bad. If we pull this off, I will try to get a sig of who ever was the player of the game.

24-49ers
14-Jets

I was a little confident after seeing the vikings beat them, but then I realized, they have a running back that defenses actually have to plan for. So I'm sure that helped Ponder out in the passing game. I can see Sanchez pulling off 2 Td's in this one.

Quote:
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers 31
Jets 13

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
perikirest

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandwhich wrote:
That picture of Rex has me cracking up.

Rex has best frowny face in football amirite?

AAJ Mark Sanchez
1 Torn Labrum
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's sad because the 49ers are the team we were supposed to be, or were.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have I mentioned I wanna punch a newborn kitten everytime Santonio opens his mouth?

On his penalties....

Santonio Holmes wrote:
"Itís really messing with my catches, I can honestly say that. Itís keeping them down by having the penalties drawn. If we can keep stats on penalties per game, per player, I think those yards would add up. We can add them to our receiving yards ... They hurt the receiversí average and how they play and their performance. When youíre drawing so many penalties, you donít get opportunities to get any catches."

Hes really complaining about the flags hurting his stats??

AAJ Mark Sanchez
1 Torn Labrum
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perikirest wrote:
Have I mentioned I wanna punch a newborn kitten everytime Santonio opens his mouth?

On his penalties....

Santonio Holmes wrote:
"Itís really messing with my catches, I can honestly say that. Itís keeping them down by having the penalties drawn. If we can keep stats on penalties per game, per player, I think those yards would add up. We can add them to our receiving yards ... They hurt the receiversí average and how they play and their performance. When youíre drawing so many penalties, you donít get opportunities to get any catches."

Hes really complaining about the flags hurting his stats??

I'm ok with him saying this. in all honesty he probably has the most yards in penalties that go in favor of our team. I wonder if there is a league wide stat for that somewhere
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well then Holmes is about to have a lot less yards. Those phantom PI calls aren't gonna happen with the real refs.
green24

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
Well then Holmes is about to have a lot less yards. Those phantom PI calls aren't gonna happen with the real refs.

He actually did draw a lot of penalties with the real refs the past few seasons.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

with the real refs coming back, I'm not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing for us this weekend. lol

Quote:
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 2 of 31

Jump to: