Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4: "Imminent Massacre" 49ers @ Jets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
San Francisco 49ers
75%
 75%  [ 22 ]
New York Jets
24%
 24%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 29

Jetsman82

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just going to come down to if we can stop the bleeding with Davis. You can't shut him out completely, but limiting his production will go a long way in this game. Their other weapons aren't exactly that great, and while Gore is a fantastic back, he's not the type of back the Jets typically struggle with.

That being said, the 49ers line is a lot better than any of the lines we've gone against thus far.

This isn't even talking about their defense, which is as stout as there is. There has to be some semblance of a ground game for us to have a chance. I don't care if it's Greene, Powell, McKnight, Tebow or Sanchez, someone has to get yards on the ground. Week one Stephen Hill needs to come back as well.

I'll go ahead and predict a final, which I don't normally do: 20-15.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
I just hope we at least compete, and don't look bad. Thats all I ask for.

Its going to be interesting to see how Tony & Rex have planned for this game. Rex sounded like a suck up during the press conference earlier. They are going to take away the run, and force us to pass. Hill has to show up, if not throw Schilens out there. We need our special teams and trick plays to work.

Good post. I also hope we can keep it competitive. And yes the little Schilens has been on the field he's been pretty good. There is a reason he made the team cause he can play. If Hill gets off to a slow start it's time to give some of his snaps to Schilens. His hands are so much better then Hill's right now.

Hope Grimes gets a few touches. He's on the roster for the next 3 weeks at least so lets see what we got. We need to hit on a deep TD in this game cause we are not going to move the ball all that much on this D.

Props to Mack on the sig
moham-17

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All is right with the world, no one is giving us a snow ball's chance to get a W on Sunday. Which in my opinion, is a very comfortable situation. I love being the underdog.

While I doubt anything will come of it, I hope the guys can thrive on this somehow.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/16162/week-4-predictions-jets-vs-49ers?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Edit: Apparently, Prisco (who is one of the worst NFL analysts) is giving us a shot.

He writes "This is a second consecutive road trip for the 49ers. That's tough to do. But Jim Harbaugh's team is tough-minded. They will be ready for a fight. The Jets lost Darrelle Revis, but that won't show up much here. The 49ers don't throw down the field much. The key will be their running game. And it's tough to run on the Jets. The home team takes it"

While the cross country trip certainly makes things harder on the niners, how can he say it's tough to run on the Jets? We're giving up like a 150 yards a game... He must have his head in the dirt on Sundays. No one can be that stupid.
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

20-3 49ers.

The Jets offensive line gets manhandled, and the defense has a decent game but is on the field far too long for this game to be competitive.
Ataal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If last week proves anything, it's that every game is winnable. Not discounting the great performance by the Vikings, but it was definitely an upset. I don't think this will be as big of a blowout as some people are saying. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a one-score win, by either team.

Hate to hear about Revis. That's just brutal. Hell of a player.

Came to wish you guys good luck and hope for no(more) injuries!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You never know. We're still 2-0 in 1pm games and 0-1 in 4pm+ games. It's just like every other year so far.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
If last week proves anything, it's that every game is winnable. Not discounting the great performance by the Vikings, but it was definitely an upset. I don't think this will be as big of a blowout as some people are saying. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a one-score win, by either team.

Hate to hear about Revis. That's just brutal. Hell of a player.

Came to wish you guys good luck and hope for no(more) injuries!

Your division is going to be tough this year. I thought the niners were a lock to be a playoff team and the next team would be .500 or worse. Arizona and Seattle look really good and Sam Bradford is improving. (or so i hear) A ton of people in my suicide pool got eliminated cuz they picked u guys last week. I think this will be a good game. Sanchez has Keller back and trust me we missed him. I say 17-14 niners.
green24

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of players on the injury list for the Jets.

Out:
CB Darrelle Revis (knee)
Doubtful:
WR Stephen Hill (hamstring)
Questionable:
TE Dustin Keller (hamstring)
LB Bryan Thomas (hamstring)
WR Patrick Turner (hamstring)
LB Bart Scott (toe)
FB John Conner (knee)

Probable:
C Nick Mangold (wrist)
QB Mark Sanchez (back)
S LaRon Landry (heel)
OG Matt Slauson (knee)
OG Brandon Moore (hip)
OT Austin Howard (back)
NT Sione Pouha (back)
CB Ellis Lankster (back)
LB Calvin Pace (achilles)
DE Mike Devito (calf)
LB Nick Bellore (shoulder)
CB Isaiah Trufant (ankle)
S Eric Smith (hip, knee)

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We really need Keller to get over it and play this week.

My dad brought it up to me, and I didn't realize it until now, but the Jets have had a lot of hamstring injuries this year. That's the mark of a bad training staff.
green24

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:

My dad brought it up to me, and I didn't realize it until now, but the Jets have had a lot of hamstring injuries this year. That's the mark of a bad training staff.

Was thinking the exact same thing when I was writing out the injury report. Shades of the Mets training staff.

Part of the blame has to fall on the CBA for cutting down on the number of practices.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
MoLewis57

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:

Was thinking the exact same thing when I was writing out the injury report. Shades of the Mets training staff.

Part of the blame has to fall on the CBA for cutting down on the number of practices.

I feel like its more a lack of condistioning
teamorange

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:

I'd rather have him sit on the bench unless it is close and make sure he stays healthy. And the hamstrings seems to be a bit of a fluke being we have never had major injury problems with this team (in fact I would say we have been one of the healthier teams over the past 3-4 years)
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
I just hope we at least compete, and don't look bad. Thats all I ask for.

Its going to be interesting to see how Tony & Rex have planned for this game. Rex sounded like a suck up during the press conference earlier. They are going to take away the run, and force us to pass. Hill has to show up, if not throw Schilens out there. We need our special teams and trick plays to work.

Good post. I also hope we can keep it competitive. And yes the little Schilens has been on the field he's been pretty good. There is a reason he made the team cause he can play. If Hill gets off to a slow start it's time to give some of his snaps to Schilens. His hands are so much better then Hill's right now.

Hope Grimes gets a few touches. He's on the roster for the next 3 weeks at least so lets see what we got. We need to hit on a deep TD in this game cause we are not going to move the ball all that much on this D.

I agree. We will have to spread the ball around . Almost use the pass to open up the run for us. I keep thinking about Schilens, Powell, and Keller for this game. Schilens is fast enough to be a deep threat, this could be his chance to make some big plays. We can get powell the ball on screen & dump passes to keep the OLB's spread out. And like always, we have to get the ball to Keller. No way we win without him.

As far as defense, its just stopping the run, and forcing Alex smith to beat us. I wonder if Rex is going to be confident enough in his corners to go back to blitzing to stop the run. On paper, I like Wilson on Crabtree & Cro on Moss. I'm just worried about V.Davis. Landry is going to have to play better. I hope we play Demario Davis since rex drafted him in hopes that he come our version of Bowman.

What is going on with Maybin? he has no stats at all.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU PANTHERS (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:

Indeed. Need to get that corrected this offseason.

I think if Keller plays, we have a chance. If not, then I just can't see us winning. He is Mark's go to guy, and basically the only competent TE we have on the roster. The fact that we still don't have a truly viable backup astounds me. I do like Reuland, since he is a bit versatile, and I don't mind Cumberland, but neither of those guys should ever be starting.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put Maybin in my Avy hoping that he will make some big plays today. Get in the backfield like he use to.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU PANTHERS (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 3 of 31

Jump to: