Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4: "Imminent Massacre" 49ers @ Jets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
San Francisco 49ers
75%
 75%  [ 22 ]
New York Jets
24%
 24%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 29

rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed this. 2010, when we lost Leonhard, we gave up 45 points to the Pats. When we lost him again in 2011, we gave up 45 to the Eagles. We lose revis, and this happens.

jf4l51, can you make the thread naming Cromartie the player of the game? Did he even allow a catch?
Heavinsent

rickyt31 wrote:
Damn, and we play the Texans next Monday night.

This is gonna be the biggest blowout since Cumberland vs Georgia Tech in 1916 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1916_Cumberland_vs._Georgia_Tech_football_game

Props to Jamison for the sig.
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen718 wrote:
Kyle Wilson is truly terrible. Another bad 1st round pick.
Only good first-round pick Rex has made is Wilkerson. Jury is still out on Coples, but he looks meh. Say what you will about Mangini, but he was a great drafter.

Ferguson, Mangold, Revis, Harris, (Brad) Smith, Rhodes, Washington, Keller, Lowery. Great group of players over a three year period.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heavinsent wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

This is gonna be the biggest blowout since Cumberland vs Georgia Tech in 1916 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1916_Cumberland_vs._Georgia_Tech_football_game

Wow. Cumberland was worse than Savannah State is now.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heavinsent wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

I'm going to go pick up some Texan players for my fantasy football team next week.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karmaloop wrote:
GangGreen718 wrote:
Kyle Wilson is truly terrible. Another bad 1st round pick.
Only good first-round pick Rex has made is Wilkerson. Jury is still out on Coples, but he looks meh. Say what you will about Mangini, but he was a great drafter.

Ferguson, Mangold, Revis, Harris, (Brad) Smith, Rhodes, Washington, Keller, Lowery. Great group of players over a three year period.

If anyone looked bad on the line today it was wilkerson. Say whatever you want but the guy got pushed around like a rag doll then on top of that he kept one arming guys on tackles or trying to tackle high. Coples played good today and in my eyes plays good when hes actually in the game. Wilson is not a bad player btw, the guy has been playing the nickel corner for the past two years. Now hes switched back to the side. Give him a couple games before you make assumptions.
kmvoss

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel for you guys, but another performance or two by Sanchez like today and you will be seeing Tebow in as QB. He will lead your team to victory, like it or not!
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revis4president wrote:
If anyone looked bad on the line today it was wilkerson. Say whatever you want but the guy got pushed around like a rag doll then on top of that he kept one arming guys on tackles or trying to tackle high. Coples played good today and in my eyes plays good when hes actually in the game. Wilson is not a bad player btw, the guy has been playing the nickel corner for the past two years. Now hes switched back to the side. Give him a couple games before you make assumptions.
I dunno, the run defense as a whole looked pretty crappy. Overall, Wilkerson has been a solid player. Coples barely gets on the field but I hope that changes for our sake.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revis4president wrote:
Bleed-Green-87 wrote:
Trading for Tebow blew it for Sanchez.. What did everyone expect, it showed that the FO had no faith in him and just ruined his confidence.

This is Sanchez's 4th year. If he doesnt have confidence in himself to beat out a guy like Tebow, there is a problem. If anything its the lack of weapons we have on offense. At this point we are 2-2. and 2-0 in the division. If you are all ready to pack it in for the season then there is a problem. Yeah we got beat 34-0 but realize that we turned the ball over 4 times. We also played the 49ers who are one of the best defenses and teams in the league. Not having Keller or Hill doesnt help either.

Just my point of view this team is decent on defense but thats all they got going for them. Until they get tired, the defense seems to grind out other teams offenses. Then once they are tired, the defense looks terrible. The jets need speed and we all agreed that was the problem. On offense and defense. If it was my team I wouldnt pack in the season but we need to upgrade a lot of positions next year.

Yesterday I would have agreed with you but after today it just seems like excuses. Sanchez played a terrible game remiinding me of the last three games last year. In six of his last seven games, he might have been the worst starting qb in the league or real close. By the end of this game he was totally unravelled. I seriously doubt he can put himself back together on this team.

The defense isn't that good either, especially without Revis. They have some good players and need to play the the rookies, but honestly, Wilson was beat three times on long passes that were overthrown. We even got out tebowed on the first td

Unless something drastic happens I don't see them winning more than two or three games the rest of the year
Jetfan66

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmvoss wrote:
I feel for you guys, but another performance or two by Sanchez like today and you will be seeing Tebow in as QB. He will lead your team to victory, like it or not!

The worst part is Tebow has looked even worse than Sanchez.

R.I.P. Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins
xenajets

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even without Revis and Holmes i cant see us getting a top 5 pick in the draft. With this being said i think Rex will still be the coach next year so Sanchez will still be the starting QB. If Rex isnt here then i think we go QB next year and we will start over again. Interesting how the season plays out and that will determine which direction our franchise will go.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xenajets wrote:
Even without Revis and Holmes i cant see us getting a top 5 pick in the draft. With this being said i think Rex will still be the coach next year so Sanchez will still be the starting QB. If Rex isnt here then i think we go QB next year and we will start over again. Interesting how the season plays out and that will determine which direction our franchise will go.

Id give Rex another chance with a different QB, but the Sanchez Ryan marriage has got to end with Mark leaving this team. Mark cannot be this teams starting QB next season. If Rex wants him so bad they can leave together. Im sick of Rex saying how he believes in Sanchez being the guy. If he really believes then I do not believe in Rex. That simple.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Spiel612

Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're still going to grind out some wins, but being unhealthy during by far the most difficult part of our schedule is just a disaster.

If anything though, I'd rather see Rex Ryan go and not Mark Sanchez.
green24

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're still in first place. LOL.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 29 of 31

Jump to: