Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4: "Imminent Massacre" 49ers @ Jets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
San Francisco 49ers
75%
 75%  [ 22 ]
New York Jets
24%
 24%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 29

TheChad

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing that makes watching this team embarrass themselves on a weekly basis bearable is that I don't actually like any of our players or coaches anymore. The only offseason moves I could possibly be upset about are us keeping players we could have dumped.

At least in the years when we sucked under Herm and Mangini, there were likeable guys on the team.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I want Tanny out. Even tho I blame Woody for the Tebow trade, Tanny is just good with numbers not deciding who fit the roster the best. I want someone from the Ravens that could find the right players that fit what Rex need. And won't feel pressured to make a bad move every year.

The only thing I'm mad at Tony Sparano about is the wildcat crap. Other than that, he is actually doing a good job with the calls, its just the players can't get it done.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle Wilson was the most frustrating part. He was consistently beat all game but was jawing like he did something when Alex was over throwing the receiver.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
Kyle Wilson was the most frustrating part. He was consistently beat all game but was jawing like he did something when Alex was over throwing the receiver.

I was mad at first, but he might as well try to get in the WR heads. He is not a shut down corner, so he need to try everything he can to make an impact.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revis4president wrote:
Bleed-Green-87 wrote:
Trading for Tebow blew it for Sanchez.. What did everyone expect, it showed that the FO had no faith in him and just ruined his confidence.

This is Sanchez's 4th year. If he doesnt have confidence in himself to beat out a guy like Tebow, there is a problem. If anything its the lack of weapons we have on offense. At this point we are 2-2. and 2-0 in the division. If you are all ready to pack it in for the season then there is a problem. Yeah we got beat 34-0 but realize that we turned the ball over 4 times. We also played the 49ers who are one of the best defenses and teams in the league. Not having Keller or Hill doesnt help either.

Just my point of view this team is decent on defense but thats all they got going for them. Until they get tired, the defense seems to grind out other teams offenses. Then once they are tired, the defense looks terrible. The jets need speed and we all agreed that was the problem. On offense and defense. If it was my team I wouldnt pack in the season but we need to upgrade a lot of positions next year.
I'm not sure if you're watching the same games I am...

Can a lot happen within the rest of the season? Absolutely. Realistically, 2-2 isn't 'season's over'...but we look terrible, man. I mean, I'd like to see something positive and promising in this team and I just can't see it. Our best phase is special teams and our kicker is Nick Folk Neutral We've drafted poorly and it's finally caught up with us.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiel612 wrote:
We're still going to grind out some wins, but being unhealthy during by far the most difficult part of our schedule is just a disaster.

If anything though, I'd rather see Rex Ryan go and not Mark Sanchez.
...not sure if serious Neutral

Sanchez blows man. I think his mechanics are just causing inaccuracy. We need a new QB coach. 'Ole Cavanugh either doesn't know what he's doing or Sanchez is just a moron.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
Spiel612 wrote:
We're still going to grind out some wins, but being unhealthy during by far the most difficult part of our schedule is just a disaster.

If anything though, I'd rather see Rex Ryan go and not Mark Sanchez.
...not sure if serious Neutral

Sanchez blows man. I think his mechanics are just causing inaccuracy. We need a new QB coach. 'Ole Cavanugh either doesn't know what he's doing or Sanchez is just a moron.

After 4 games, I tend to agree. I had high hopes for Sanchez, even though we still haven't surrounded him with great talent. I thought that he would play lights out, and after Week 1 I was very encouraged. But the last 3 weeks he just hasn't looked like he did in Week 1, he has been very inaccurate, even when he has time to throw. I hate to say it, because I was always one of the people who didn't want Tebow to start, but with Revis and Holmes out for a very long time, I don't want to say I'm giving up on the season, but we may as well see if Tebow can provide a spark, if not next week then soon.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 20 SACK: 1 FF: 1 INT:
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark had to play The Steelers after they lost to Denver, 49ers after they lost to the vikes, and now the Texans on Monday night. If Mark can play well against the Texans, the schedule gets much easier. He just have to come with it on Monday night. Keller has to play.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im confused by Tones' injury... He held his knee and they are calling it a foot injury. Do we think he would ever fake it?? Interesting to see if both an MRI and X-ray (already negative) show anything. I hope he wouldnt sink this low.
green24

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbo1904 wrote:
Im confused by Tones' injury... He held his knee and they are calling it a foot injury. Do we think he would ever fake it?? Interesting to see if both an MRI and X-ray (already negative) show anything. I hope he wouldnt sink this low.

He's certainly not faking it. That didn't look fake at all.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Mark had to play The Steelers after they lost to Denver, 49ers after they lost to the vikes, and now the Texans on Monday night. If Mark can play well against the Texans, the schedule gets much easier. He just have to come with it on Monday night. Keller has to play.

LOL were going to struggle against the teams we think are easy. Cant wait till the Colts game to see Luck look in year 1 how we wish Sanchez would look in year 4. Probably will be a tough game. Were not beating Seattle, were getting swept by the Pats, were not beating Arizona or SD at home and the Bills will probably have a shot at the playoffs in week 17 so that will be tough too. What really kills me is when we go into St. Louis and Bradford beats us with Mulligan and Hunter lead by schottys offense. I see 4-12 or 5-11. Well be in the op 10 but probably not top 5 drafting. Probably should have just lost last week in Miami lol, sure did feel like it.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Heavinsent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm baffled at how bad the run D is. 245 yards rushing? Really? Nobody could run the ball on us in 2010, but now we're just getting gashed. Nobody can get off blocks and everybody seems to have forgotten how to tackle. What the hell is up with that?

We can't run the ball for crap and we can't stop the run either. Some "ground and pound" team we are.

Without Revis, there's simply nothing this team does particularly well. Just seems to be a lot of guys underachieving, especially the d-line. Thought they would be a lot better than this.

Props to Jamison for the sig.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did Vlad play yesterday?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at this point honestly i dont like Tebow and i dont think we we are better off with Tebow at all, but i do believe the season is over. So in that case lets just dump some salaries and start Tebow for fun... I legit get sick at watching Sanchez's happy feet in the pocket and then him miss recievers by a mile. The guy is flat out terrible. I think part of that is because we lack playmakers and a run game but his development is going no where soon. Hes not the guy anymore.

I dont like saying that btw but atleast it would be amusing to watch Tebow. At this point i dont know how the offense could have been more of a disaster than today. Who knows.
Sciz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heavinsent wrote:
I'm baffled at how bad the run D is. 245 yards rushing? Really? Nobody could run the ball on us in 2010, but now we're just getting gashed. Nobody can get off blocks and everybody seems to have forgotten how to tackle. What the hell is up with that?

Could this be a side effect of Rex asking his LBs to drop weight so they would get faster?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 30 of 31

Jump to: