Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4: "Imminent Massacre" 49ers @ Jets
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
San Francisco 49ers
75%
 75%  [ 22 ]
New York Jets
24%
 24%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 29

Author Message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 42977
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
Heavinsent wrote:
I'm baffled at how bad the run D is. 245 yards rushing? Really? Nobody could run the ball on us in 2010, but now we're just getting gashed. Nobody can get off blocks and everybody seems to have forgotten how to tackle. What the hell is up with that?

Could this be a side effect of Rex asking his LBs to drop weight so they would get faster?

Potentially. That plus old age. I think the change has helped Bart Scott, but hurt pretty much everyone else.
_________________
ANTHONY RECKER = LIFE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spiel612


Most Valuable Poster (7th Ballot)

Joined: 19 Oct 2005
Posts: 15459
Location: Around Highway 61
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
Heavinsent wrote:
I'm baffled at how bad the run D is. 245 yards rushing? Really? Nobody could run the ball on us in 2010, but now we're just getting gashed. Nobody can get off blocks and everybody seems to have forgotten how to tackle. What the hell is up with that?

Could this be a side effect of Rex asking his LBs to drop weight so they would get faster?


Yes. And it was definitely a concern, but they had to try something in theory since they didn't have the ammunition to make wholesale changes at the position.

Asking aging linebackers to drop weight and regain speed is counter intuitive. Speed isn't simply attached to weight. Those knees have a lot of miles on them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Jetsman82


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 19695
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Rex said this was the worst loss he'd had so far in NY, I was kind of surprised. I figured that 45-3 debacle would reign supreme, especially since it was against the Pats.

That's the only silver lining I can draw with this game. This Jets team has lost worse before, and they've bounced back to play good football.

Now, without Revis and Holmes, that will be hard, but these are still NFL players out there, it's time someone stepped up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 6632
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
When Rex said this was the worst loss he'd had so far in NY, I was kind of surprised. I figured that 45-3 debacle would reign supreme, especially since it was against the Pats.

That's the only silver lining I can draw with this game. This Jets team has lost worse before, and they've bounced back to play good football.

Now, without Revis and Holmes, that will be hard, but these are still NFL players out there, it's time someone stepped up.


Maybe he should try to bury another football.
_________________

Quote:
Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it. - Johnny Depp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Colt45fool


Joined: 28 Jul 2008
Posts: 5673
Location: New Haven, CT
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This team isn't nearly as healthy or talented as the team that got beat 45-3 against the Pats. I think we can still be coached as well as that season, but as far as health or talent...EH.

Also idk why you guys would want to see Tebow starting. Spark? lol, we're best off just losing the games than hoping for Tebow to get us to 6-10 instead of 4-12...I mean, really what's the difference? Plus I'd like to further evaluate Sanchez. The only positive thing I can say about him at the moment is that he's in his first year in Sparano's system...so maybe there's a learning curve. OK, enough of that crap.

If you guys really want a spark, let's get Greg McElroy in there and see what he can do. I mean, if he gets something out of these receivers we know the QB is clearly the problem. Tebow starting won't give us that answer because Tebow has little use for wide receivers as it is.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 6632
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Slauson gave up 19 snaps to Ducasse


Quote:
RB Bilal Powell played 32 snaps (60%). Starting RB Shonn Greene played 18 snaps (34%)


Quote:
Which Jets wide receiver was on the field the most yesterday? Chaz Schilens... 49 of the team's 53 offensive snaps.


Very interesting.
_________________

Quote:
Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it. - Johnny Depp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kilahchris


Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 491
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not want to go through another 4 years with a rookie QB from USC (Barkley). I really hope and pray the Jet some how sign a veteran free agent QB or make a trade for a guy like Jake Cutler if Jake does not pan out in chicago.

I know alot of you probably hate Jake Cutler, but a guy like him I think we do great on this team.


I honestly believe if we had a legitimate starting QB we would of made the superbowl in either 09 or 10. For too long this defense has been top tier and the offense just stinks.
_________________
The Best that ever did it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Davey


Moderator
Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 21268
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciz wrote:
Heavinsent wrote:
I'm baffled at how bad the run D is. 245 yards rushing? Really? Nobody could run the ball on us in 2010, but now we're just getting gashed. Nobody can get off blocks and everybody seems to have forgotten how to tackle. What the hell is up with that?

Could this be a side effect of Rex asking his LBs to drop weight so they would get faster?


The Jets the past two weeks have just lost the battle at the line of scrimmage. Additionally, even despite the fact that the Jets did indeed drop some weight to get faster you'd never be able to tell. The front seven is still slow, and the LB core needs an overhaul sans David Harris. The Bills with Spiller, the wildcat plays the 49ers used, and with Reggie Bush against Miami, success came for the offenses by getting the Jets into pass defending formations and taking advantage of the space created or getting quick runners to the outside. Dropping weight may make a player marginally quicker, but it's not going to turn two-down run defenders like Thomas, Scott and Pace into fluid field-covering tackling machines.

I'm wondering about Pouha's health, he hasn't been the same after coming back from lower back issues in week two. That's been a major part of what has been going on right now too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Colt45fool


Joined: 28 Jul 2008
Posts: 5673
Location: New Haven, CT
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kilahchris wrote:
I do not want to go through another 4 years with a rookie QB from USC (Barkley). I really hope and pray the Jet some how sign a veteran free agent QB or make a trade for a guy like Jake Cutler if Jake does not pan out in chicago.

I know alot of you probably hate Jake Cutler, but a guy like him I think we do great on this team.


I honestly believe if we had a legitimate starting QB we would of made the superbowl in either 09 or 10. For too long this defense has been top tier and the offense just stinks.
With how this team is built, Cutler would be awful for us...he throws too many INTs for a team that's trying to use a ball control offense.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Ataal


Joined: 17 Oct 2011
Posts: 2382
Location: Avondale, Arizona
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I don't know what to say, guys. I really thought this would be a much closer game. Nothing seemed to go your way.

As a Niners fan, I have to like the win, but I hate to see a game like that, especially with injuries.

I know you're hating on Sanchez right now, and you have reason to, but he has improved every year since he's been in the league and substantially, stat-wise, from the 2010 season to the 2011 season. It's no consolation when you're losing games, but I think Sanchez will keep getting better.

I wish you guys luck for the rest of the season.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
teamorange


Joined: 15 Nov 2010
Posts: 11459
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ataal wrote:
Man, I don't know what to say, guys. I really thought this would be a much closer game. Nothing seemed to go your way.

As a Niners fan, I have to like the win, but I hate to see a game like that, especially with injuries.

I know you're hating on Sanchez right now, and you have reason to, but he has improved every year since he's been in the league and substantially, stat-wise, from the 2010 season to the 2011 season. It's no consolation when you're losing games, but I think Sanchez will keep getting better.

I wish you guys luck for the rest of the season.


The problem I see his ceiling being Alex Smith. Which isn't a bad thing, you can win a Superbowl with Smith but he is never going to be a guy who takes over any given game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31
Page 31 of 31

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group