Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I'm Back Baby With the Mock you'll Love!!!!!! 9/27/12
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MOSteelers56

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think with the uncertainty of James Harrison's future with the team, the Steelers will take a hard look at Mingo.

gopherwrestler makes sigs I wanna make sweet love to
Nobody

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd change Barrett Jones' position to just OL. He could start at RT or OG for us. Great Colts pick.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Montgomery is worth it, I'll take it

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
GoneWithTheWind

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly could do worse then CB but if you feel C.J. Mosley is a first round player the Vikings would have to seriously consider him. MLB is arguably the Vikings number 1 need right now. Don't know anything about Mosley though.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm Back Baby With the Mock you'll Love!!!!!! 9/27/12 Reply with quote

This projection has the Chargers making the playoffs which means that, at the very least, AJ Smith remains in his post as GM.

If that's the case then there's a 99% chance the Smith will NOT select a 1st round OL (the man has never done it in his entire tenure as a GM or AGM even when going into a draft with a glaring need for a starter on the OL). He simply just doesn't do it.

Mind you it would kill me because Lewan has such immense potential (and IMHO would be long-gone by this point... Barrett Jones will get drafted as a center and most teams in the rookie wage scale era will take Lewan's upside/ceiling over most of the other LT options) if we passed up on him, but I fully believe we would. Thus this pick just isn't realistic.

Dee Milliner or Carrington Byndom are much more likely, given that both our starting CB's are UFA's next year and Jammer's got at best 2 years left in him and Cason hasn't earned a starter's contract (not to mention AJ drafts for "need," with need translating to any perceived need in the next 2-3 years). Alex Okafor is a possibility depending on how fluid his hips turn out to be, though we could really use more of a speed-to-power rusher than a straight power rusher; although without a ton of first team experience, Cornellius Carradine could up his stock enough for late 1st round consideration, as could Michael Buchanan (who is pretty much a prototypical LEO).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Re: I'm Back Baby With the Mock you'll Love!!!!!! 9/27/12 Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
This projection has the Chargers making the playoffs which means that, at the very least, AJ Smith remains in his post as GM.

If that's the case then there's a 99% chance the Smith will NOT select a 1st round OL (the man has never done it in his entire tenure as a GM or AGM even when going into a draft with a glaring need for a starter on the OL). He simply just doesn't do it.

Mind you it would kill me because Lewan has such immense potential (and IMHO would be long-gone by this point... Barrett Jones will get drafted as a center and most teams in the rookie wage scale era will take Lewan's upside/ceiling over most of the other LT options) if we passed up on him, but I fully believe we would. Thus this pick just isn't realistic.

Dee Milliner or Carrington Byndom are much more likely, given that both our starting CB's are UFA's next year and Jammer's got at best 2 years left in him and Cason hasn't earned a starter's contract (not to mention AJ drafts for "need," with need translating to any perceived need in the next 2-3 years). Alex Okafor is a possibility depending on how fluid his hips turn out to be, though we could really use more of a speed-to-power rusher than a straight power rusher; although without a ton of first team experience, Cornellius Carradine could up his stock enough for late 1st round consideration, as could Michael Buchanan (who is pretty much a prototypical LEO).

I don't think we can say that AJ won't pick a first round OL because he hasn't - apparently, Duane Brown was our 08 target. If Lewan is there, I'd hate miss out on him unless Gaither recovers, but even then, you hate to pass up on someone like him. However, Dee Milliner would be awesome. I'm also a fan of Buchanan.
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im a big fan of Smith so I wouldnt be mad. I would just be pissed at the fact of how many picks we have used on QB's lately. Palmer, Pryor, Campbell... now Smith? Damn. But hey if the staff thinks Pryor is better suited at TE or whatever, then getting a QBOTF is a priority.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
simonwayne

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Chiefs get Barkley at #10, I'd be at a loss for words.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to hear why the Packers would take a guard.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad meets Evil wrote:
Good jags pick.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:44 am    Post subject: Re: I'm Back Baby With the Mock you'll Love!!!!!! 9/27/12 Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
The LBC wrote:

I don't think we can say that AJ won't pick a first round OL because he hasn't - apparently, Duane Brown was our 08 target. If Lewan is there, I'd hate miss out on him unless Gaither recovers, but even then, you hate to pass up on someone like him. However, Dee Milliner would be awesome. I'm also a fan of Buchanan.

Just because AJ says he was targeting a guy (and I still don't know that we've ever actually gotten a direct quote from him saying he was eyeing Brown as much as Acee was saying that it "was believed" that we were targeting Brown), doesn't really mean much. This is guy who plays his cards extremely close to his vest and loves his subterfuge. The other reason I suspect there was a fair amount of BS behind the Brown pick is it would have been the first time ever that AJ drafted an OL prospect outside of the SEC, Big 10, or Big XII (Va Tech is ACC). Just too much bucking the known trends for me to put a ton of credibility in that rumor.

Like I said, I think it's a moot point because Lewan's likely to go before guys like Fluker, Matthews, and possibly even Joeckel (if teams have legitimate concerns about his arm-length), so if we make the playoffs we won't even be able to sniff the remnants of his odor in the green room.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know much about the guy but if we go olb, he has to be a physical freak pass rusher. Mold of Irvin/Von with long limbs and speed
I think we would go safety there with macdonald

new sig... sorry alex
AT49ers

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a 49ers fan, i am shaking my head at how we missed the playoffs in this draft Confused Confused Confused

props to WalterRedskins on the great sig
Tooki

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrance Williams is a great pick in that situation for Seattle
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: I'm Back Baby With the Mock you'll Love!!!!!! 9/27/12 Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
The LBC wrote:

Just because AJ says he was targeting a guy (and I still don't know that we've ever actually gotten a direct quote from him saying he was eyeing Brown as much as Acee was saying that it "was believed" that we were targeting Brown), doesn't really mean much. This is guy who plays his cards extremely close to his vest and loves his subterfuge. The other reason I suspect there was a fair amount of BS behind the Brown pick is it would have been the first time ever that AJ drafted an OL prospect outside of the SEC, Big 10, or Big XII (Va Tech is ACC). Just too much bucking the known trends for me to put a ton of credibility in that rumor.

Like I said, I think it's a moot point because Lewan's likely to go before guys like Fluker, Matthews, and possibly even Joeckel (if teams have legitimate concerns about his arm-length), so if we make the playoffs we won't even be able to sniff the remnants of his odor in the green room.

Honestly, Lewan is a top ten pick to me, Joeckel top 20. I don't think Fluker is going to be that good, since he can maul, but his pass pro is pretty poor. Matthews, like Fluker, is a RT, better, but I'm not sure of his projections.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: