Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WR is going to be a need in 2013.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Braylon4MVP

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cattleman78 wrote:
Our receivers are very young I'm not ready to give up on them yet.

Agreed. If these guys live up to their potential, we have an ideal set of WRs. Little and Gordon on the outside with Benjamin working the slot could be really, really good in the future. Especially with MoMass coming in and being that chain mover on 3rd down.

rammy on the sig
John Frusciante FTW
Red Hot Chili Peppers FTW
Avett Brothers FTW
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our group of WR's are all young. I love what Massaquoi has been doing, but his consistent injuries concern me. I've seen lots of good things out of Benjamin already. Gordon, while raw, has made some plays. Little could become a real special player for us, that's why we drafted him where we did. These guys all need one thing. TIME. If we keep trying to make some plays downfield, we are going to start executing. We were close twice to having two deep plays. They just missed.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

H2ThaIzzo wrote:
If we keep trying to make some plays downfield, we are going to start executing. We were close twice to having two deep plays. They just missed.

I agree. In the previous 3 games, the same thing happened. Guys are getting open deep, Weeden is seeing them, and he either misses or the WR fails to finish the play. They've been ridiculously close on enough occasions that I agree that we're going to start hitting on them soon.

Adopt-a-Brown: Desmond Bryant
2013 Stats (10 games): 24 Tkls, 3.5 Sacks, 2 Stuffs, 1 PD
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Mastercheddaar wrote:
All I have to say is little and norwood should not be on this team next year. Those drops in a winnable game are what keeps a team in the basement. I doubt if they were released they would make in on a .500 + team. That being said:

Use our probably top 5 pick on the best WR in the draft. Then target the best guard available, if he falls to a tradeable spot, pull the trigger and get the kid on the team.

ALSO in FA sign the best WR that will come here and do the same with the guard spot. Little and norwood are about as pro as pinkston and lauvos are. Also try and get rid of our overpriced vets that are lurking on this team. Defensive woes can wait a year.

that is all

Mastercheddaar

I pretty much disagree with all of this.

I pretty much disagree with all of this as well....

Use that top 5 pick on the top DE/LB available or trade down a couple and do the same. Use the next pick on a DB...

Browns can use every mid-late round pick they have on drafting Guards to hope one sticks. Maybe even sign one in FA...

but in no way should the Browns start cutting young, talented players that are still DEVELOPING.
brownie man

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give Greg Jennings whatever he wants in FA teach these guys how to be a pro.
DawgX

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Mastercheddaar wrote:
All I have to say is little and norwood should not be on this team next year. Those drops in a winnable game are what keeps a team in the basement. I doubt if they were released they would make in on a .500 + team. That being said:

Use our probably top 5 pick on the best WR in the draft. Then target the best guard available, if he falls to a tradeable spot, pull the trigger and get the kid on the team.

ALSO in FA sign the best WR that will come here and do the same with the guard spot. Little and norwood are about as pro as pinkston and lauvos are. Also try and get rid of our overpriced vets that are lurking on this team. Defensive woes can wait a year.

that is all

Mastercheddaar

Same here.

Adopt-a-Brown: Alex Mack

DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Mastercheddaar wrote:

that is all

Mastercheddaar
Agree on norsuck he needs to be gone. the rest I disagree.

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
Mastercheddaar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Mastercheddaar wrote:

that is all

Mastercheddaar

Use that top 5 pick on the top DE/LB available or trade down a couple and do the same. Use the next pick on a DB...

Browns can use every mid-late round pick they have on drafting Guards to hope one sticks. Maybe even sign one in FA...

but in no way should the Browns start cutting young, talented players that are still DEVELOPING.

I'll agree that the draft strategy might have been said in disgust from those ugly drops I saw all game long BUT

What has Little, Norwood, Pinkston, and Lauvos done to inspire confidence that they can get any better? Greg Little reminds me of the second coming of Quincy Morgan. Morgan was fast and could get open but had hands of stone. Face it Guard and Wide Receiver need addressed. I know DE, #2 CB, OLB need to be looked it but those drops lost us a winnable game.

That is all

mastercheddaar
Baseball - Indians/Yankees.
CF - Ohio State and Wake Forest
Women - Brunettes with Blue eyes.
kelbot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brownie man wrote:
Give Greg Jennings whatever he wants in FA teach these guys how to be a pro.

I would be more than okay with that.

More than anything, whether it be Cooper or a FA, I want a reliable pass catcher. A guy who can be counted on. I think Cameron could be that guy, as well.
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was the first to bring up Jordan Norwood's drops in the game day thread and everyone has seem to run with it. I don't know if everyone took me serious, but I was taken a back hand slap at those who want to cut Greg Little for drops. I was not being serious about cutting Norwood at all.

Aside from the Baltimore game I don't remember Norwood ever having a problem with drops. I do not get where all the sudden hate is coming from. The guy is a #5 WR!!! I don't think we can do that much better for a #5 to just up and cut a guy with his YAC ability. Norwood has always shown flashes running after the catch. I think he'll correct the concentration issues and be a quality target for Weeden in the event we lose a WR.

Jamison on the sig
DawgX

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Mastercheddaar wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Mastercheddaar wrote:

that is all

Mastercheddaar

I'll agree that the draft strategy might have been said in disgust from those ugly drops I saw all game long BUT

What has Little, Norwood, Pinkston, and Lauvos done to inspire confidence that they can get any better? Greg Little reminds me of the second coming of Quincy Morgan. Morgan was fast and could get open but had hands of stone. Face it Guard and Wide Receiver need addressed. I know DE, #2 CB, OLB need to be looked it but those drops lost us a winnable game.

That is all

mastercheddaar

If Little didn't have trouble dropping passes, every one would love him. He's a big, physical receiver who's good at racking up YAC. If he can fix his issues with dropping passes, then he could end up being one of the better young receivers in the league. People seem to forget that he was second in the league in receptions for rookie WRs last year. The only rookie WR with more receptions was AJ Green. You have to have talent to be able to do that. Especially because opposing defenses knew the ball was usually going to him since the Browns didn't have any other legitimate threats in the passing game and had no running game.

I don't recall Norwood ever having trouble with catching the ball besides this past Thursday. He's nothing flashy but he's a solid receiver who could get better if given more playing time.

I'm starting to lose faith in Pinkston, but he played at a decent level for a rookie drafted in the fifth round last season. He was very inconsistent last season but started to become pretty solid late in the year. This year he's definitely had more bad moments than good moments.

As I've said numerous times, the Browns have potential at wide receiver. They just have to give them time to develop. WR is one of the hardest positions to adjust to in the NFL. Many WRs take about three years to develop. That could very well be the case with Little, especially since he didn't play college ball the year prior to entering the league. Same goes to Gordon, who played in an offense where he didn't have to run pro-style routes. I'm pleased that he's had any impact at all so far in his very young career.

Adopt-a-Brown: Alex Mack

Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmm Reply with quote

Mastercheddaar wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
Mastercheddaar wrote:

that is all

Mastercheddaar

That is all

mastercheddaar

Pinkston and Lauvao... given the projected Draft position they cant target a OG in the top 5 of the draft, and they already used their 2nd on Grodon, so its third or later.... Personally, I think this is a good spot to draft a DB as I think we need a higher graded player at this junction to replace Brown, BUT the Browns could spend 4-7 all on Guards if they like... just keep the best of the bunch.

As for the WRs... they are young. Adding another WR to the mix does not seem to be a good solution to me. Plus, given our draft positioning again the only top rated WR is Allen from CAL but he is no AJ Green.... again Gordon is our 2nd round pick.... then we are looking at 3rd or later and that is not he type of WR I want to add to "improve" this offense.

both spots would be good to address in FA as well.

DE, OLB, and DB (#2 CB and/or FS?) are positions that need looked at, and CAN help the team win games. If the offense can get its feet under it this season, then next year if it can be half way effective - holding other teams below 20 points a game, and not getting behind on the score board will do wonders -- and allow the Browns to USE Richardson the way he needs to be used... rode hard. (hehe)

(ranting I know)

Nothing can be done this year obviously but sit back and hope the team learns, and that injuries are minimal. Each game in 2012 is nothing more than practice and setting up the Browns to have a great pick. Then next season with all the young players with an year or more under their belt they can try to get to .500.....

(still ranting)

But this year, with 5 rookies starting on offense, and a host more with only one or two years under them... we cant expect much in terms of victories. The FEAR is that with the new owner and complaining fans the Browns start firing mgnt and coaches....

then the whole cycle starts over again and its more years of crap "rebuilding"

(yes a little more)

Speaking of "rebuilding." How can anyone say that the Browns are rebuilding? Does the very definition of that suggest that there was something solid to begin with? The Browns have been "rebuilding" and tearing down and "rebuilding" and tearing down for so long I dont think that terms still applies....

as a side note, because I know no one is still reading at this point. I think I might have crohn's disease... Im not thrilled about this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: