Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Are we being to hard on Freeman?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoeKG

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
http://potg2.blogspot.com/2012/09/quick-all-22-post_25.html?m=1

This actually hits on a lot of aspects. Lories inability as a lead blocker is interesting.

But Steve white points it out flat. Freeman isn't doing a good job in his reads before the snap and getting the ball out when it should. He's missing opportunities over and over again.
Thought Lorig had a good first game of the season but damn, he is a good reason to why we can't pop 4-5 yards a carry.

He seems like more of a receiving FB than a blocking one, to me.

In response to this thread, yeah, we probably are. There's a lot going on that goes against him being successful.
SappDaddyDance

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
http://potg2.blogspot.com/2012/09/quick-all-22-post_25.html?m=1

This actually hits on a lot of aspects. Lories inability as a lead blocker is interesting.

But Steve white points it out flat. Freeman isn't doing a good job in his reads before the snap and getting the ball out when it should. He's missing opportunities over and over again.
Thought Lorig had a good first game of the season but damn, he is a good reason to why we can't pop 4-5 yards a carry.

Which really makes me wonder why did not try to bring backer Honest Earnest. With him as our starting FB we were averaging near 4.5 yards per carry.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No we are not!
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really... what were his stats in the 2nd half again last game? 39 yards? Pathetic
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we are being to hard on him. It comes with the position.

If he is having problems with the play calling, guys routes, guys not understanding the plays, he has to pull rank. He is supposed to be the face of our franchise. I remember a few seasons ago, reporters always asking him about being compared to Stafford and Sanchez... his reply... I want to be compared to Manning, Brady, Brees. If that statement is true bark at coaches or players like they would. Do it with respect but if he doesn't like the plays being called tell the coach or audible into something he likes. If the guys aren't running routes how he likes them, stay late until they do. If guys don't know the playbook, stay late and watch film until they do know the plays.

Freeman is a likable guy, he has the tools it seems, work ethic, body, arm. He has been in the league long enough where it is now time to shine. I am not giving up on him but enough with "it's the receivers", "it's the guys not knowing the playbook", "it's the oline".

In the past it has been clear he didn't have the weapons. Now with Jackson, Williams, and Martin we can't use that excuse anymore. Ya Joseph is out but our line is still better with Nicks and Dostson starting. Maybe the main plus is that our defense is keeping us in games. In the past, mainly last year we were down right away giving us no choice but to throw. As far as I am concerned it is all on him!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
I don't think we are being to hard on him. It comes with the position.

If he is having problems with the play calling, guys routes, guys not understanding the plays, he has to pull rank. He is supposed to be the face of our franchise. I remember a few seasons ago, reporters always asking him about being compared to Stafford and Sanchez... his reply... I want to be compared to Manning, Brady, Brees. If that statement is true bark at coaches or players like they would. Do it with respect but if he doesn't like the plays being called tell the coach or audible into something he likes. If the guys aren't running routes how he likes them, stay late until they do. If guys don't know the playbook, stay late and watch film until they do know the plays.

Freeman is a likable guy, he has the tools it seems, work ethic, body, arm. He has been in the league long enough where it is now time to shine. I am not giving up on him but enough with "it's the receivers", "it's the guys not knowing the playbook", "it's the oline".

In the past it has been clear he didn't have the weapons. Now with Jackson, Williams, and Martin we can't use that excuse anymore. Ya Joseph is out but our line is still better with Nicks and Dostson starting. Maybe the main plus is that our defense is keeping us in games. In the past, mainly last year we were down right away giving us no choice but to throw. As far as I am concerned it is all on him!

Good post. This is pretty much how I feel too.
5nick5

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's time for us to be hard on him. We stood by him after watching his atrocious play last season expecting him to look more like 2010 Freeman. While he isn't turning the ball over as much, I could throw for more yards. He just seems lost out there, and if he can't find his way in his 4th season, it's time to look elsewhere. Now admittedly there is a lot more football to be played this season and I really hope Freeman works out, but if the season ended today I would want a new QB. I can't see him having a game any worse though, so let's see if he can start piecing it together this week.

And can we stop with all the Alex Smith comparisons? Freeman is not Alex Smith. Just because Alex Smith sucked for 6 years doesn't mean I want to wait another 2 seasons for Freeman to get better. He needs to have a good season this and every season, not in a few years.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt-a-Buc - Johnthan Banks 40 Tackles 2INT 5PD
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
It's time for us to be hard on him. We stood by him after watching his atrocious play last season expecting him to look more like 2010 Freeman. While he isn't turning the ball over as much, I could throw for more yards. He just seems lost out there, and if he can't find his way in his 4th season, it's time to look elsewhere. Now admittedly there is a lot more football to be played this season and I really hope Freeman works out, but if the season ended today I would want a new QB. I can't see him having a game any worse though, so let's see if he can start piecing it together this week.

And can we stop with all the Alex Smith comparisons? Freeman is not Alex Smith. Just because Alex Smith sucked for 6 years doesn't mean I want to wait another 2 seasons for Freeman to get better. He needs to have a good season this and every season, not in a few years.

What do you think is gonna happen if we draft another quarterback to replace Freeman? He's gonna come in and tear it up right away? He'll take a couple years to develop anyways... Point is we can build around Freeman with the draft as he still develops and have a stronger overall team. The comparison with Alex Smith is exactly that
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
The comparison with Alex Smith is exactly that

Do you really want a quarterback whose ceiling is Alex Smith? A guy that needs an elite defense, good targets, good protection, and a great running game just to be a game manager? I want more from my quarterback.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:

Do you really want a quarterback whose ceiling is Alex Smith? A guy that needs an elite defense, good targets, good protection, and a great running game just to be a game manager? I want more from my quarterback.

If we can be the best team in the NFL with him, yeah sure
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:

We're not even close to the level of the 9ers, so a quarterback of Alex Smith's limited level won't help us at all.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:

We're not even close to the level of the 9ers, so a quarterback of Alex Smith's limited level won't help us at all.

Did I say that?
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously? Freeman's in his 4th year and looks like a list puppy on a milk carton.

It's not that he's learning a new offense but his flaws out there make him look like a rookie who hasn't played in the nfl before. Holds the ball still has a long release his footwork has been a work in progress and still hasn't improved. He stares down his Wrs and doesn't go through his progressions leaving possible big plays on the field by not seeing guys open. He waits too long for his Wrs to get open and does not throw on anticipation. Cannot throw his Wrs open ever. I question his ability in reading the defense recognizing the coverage. Horrible pocket awareness.

All of these flaws have nothing to do with learning a new offense for those who want to blame it on that. And the Alex Smith comparison debate? We wait 2 years and he still bombs out? Then what? I'd rather take a chance drafting a rookie and develop them then sit with freeman waiting for him to develop. A 4th year qb should not be this bad nor this lost. That's why we need to prepare ourselves for the possibility of taking a signal caller in 2013.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For all the reasons we have for Freeman not doing well, honestly I don't think they should really apply, especially with the scheme. I watched Brandon Weeden move the ball pretty well and make some really great throws last night against the Ravens. Why can't Freeman do that?
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
For all the reasons we have for Freeman not doing well, honestly I don't think they should really apply, especially with the scheme. I watched Brandon Weeden move the ball pretty well and make some really great throws last night against the Ravens. Why can't Freeman do that?

Yeah that's why I see us moving on from him next offseason. Many of us forget that freeman was considered by many a huge risk to take in the first round back in 2009. I personally thought we could reap the rewards but he never picked up the speed of the nfl it seems.

Unfortunately this also could cost mark dominik his job as well. For I think he's improved with better decision making recently he missed on some big free agents that were busts ( A Bryant, kellen Winslow, Michael Clayton, Derrick Ward). But he missed on the most important position and I blame Raheem for it as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: