Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NBA 2K13 -- Online Association -- Season 2 / Openings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 25 and video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
11sanchez11

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

11sanchez11 wrote:
I'll take the Wizards, I should have the game before the league starts up.
I'll take the Grizzlies instead.
ya boy hollywud

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigc421 wrote:
What are the trade rules?

I'm still trying to think of some. I kind of want to restrict trades somewhat because I want people to keep the teams they picked.
ya boy hollywud

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phillybul wrote:
You cant change the difficulty during the season? Since the commish can adjust sliders all you have to do is set them to HOF or Superstar.

And damn someone took the friggin Kings. Evil or Very Mad Was gonna join. Ah well.

I don't know if you can change the difficulty. I've been playing a lot on HoF today and I can see a huge difference playing on HoF and Pro. I think we'll be playing on HoF.

So you won't join just because you can't get the Kings?
ya boy hollywud

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigc421 wrote:
I got a buddy who wants in as the nets. I forgot his tag ill post it in a few hours

Sure, just post his tag here whenever you get it and I'll give him the Nets.
ya boy hollywud

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11sanchez11 wrote:
11sanchez11 wrote:
I'll take the Wizards, I should have the game before the league starts up.
I'll take the Grizzlies instead.

The King is here! You got the Grizzlies.
bigc421

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya boy hollywud wrote:
bigc421 wrote:
What are the trade rules?

I'm still trying to think of some. I kind of want to restrict trades somewhat because I want people to keep the teams they picked.

Idk, for me at least half the fun of franchise is finding ways to adjust/better your roster
YellowSCRE4MS

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think there should be any restrictions on trades with humans vs humans, just try to make them even and not so lopsided. There should be rules on trading with the CPU tho. There are too many one sided trades found on the Trade Finder.
Hopefully we dont have a "Veto Ghost" this season..

Adopt-A-Texan: DeAndre "Nuk" Hopkins
41 Rec 631 Yds 2 TD
ya boy hollywud

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YellowSCRE4MS wrote:
I dont think there should be any restrictions on trades with humans vs humans, just try to make them even and not so lopsided. There should be rules on trading with the CPU tho. There are too many one sided trades found on the Trade Finder.

There will be no CPU trades allowed. That's not even up for debate.

You can say, "try to make trades with the CPU even and not so lopsided", but that's not realistic. Besides, I don't care if a trade is realistic, I don't want certain players being traded. For example, I don't want to see trades involving Derrick Rose, Dwyane Wade, LaMarcus Aldridge, etc. I don't care how even the trade is, the Bulls wouldn't trade Rose under any circumstance.

I'll make some good trade restrictions that will allow people to freely make most trades, but there will be restrictions in place so people do not abuse or take advantage of other users.
YellowSCRE4MS

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya boy hollywud wrote:
YellowSCRE4MS wrote:

There will be no CPU trades allowed. That's not even up for debate.

You can say, "try to make trades with the CPU even and not so lopsided", but that's not realistic. Besides, I don't care if a trade is realistic, I don't want certain players being traded. For example, I don't want to see trades involving Derrick Rose, Dwyane Wade, LaMarcus Aldridge, etc. I don't care how even the trade is, the Bulls wouldn't trade Rose under any circumstance.

I'll make some good trade restrictions that will allow people to freely make most trades, but there will be restrictions in place so people do not abuse or take advantage of other users.

What?

You quoted me saying something I didnt say. I said "just try to make them even and not so lopsided" referring to trades made within human users.

As for not trading star players, this is a video game not real life. It shouldnt matter if it would happen in real life or not. If someone wants to trade CP3 for Drose why not let em. Some people play better with certain star players than they do with others. But I guess I see where your coming from, and you wanna manage your league with realistic trades.
It doesnt matter to me tho as im not looking to trade any of OKC big three.

Adopt-A-Texan: DeAndre "Nuk" Hopkins
41 Rec 631 Yds 2 TD
ya boy hollywud

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YellowSCRE4MS wrote:
What?

You quoted me saying something I didnt say. I said "just try to make them even and not so lopsided" referring to trades made within human users.

The point is still valid. Users still take advantage of other users in trades all the time. There can be guidelines that will allow people to trade, while doing some restricting. I was in a 2K league last season where I saw Darren Collison and Roy Hibbert traded for Russell Westbrook and Serge Ibaka. Two users made that trade, is it fair? Hell no, the Thunder owner in this case got ripped in that trade.

Trades like this makes the league not fun. Also, what if the Thunder user leaves the league? A new owner doesn't even have Westbrook on the team and has Darren Collison instead.

Quote:
As for not trading star players, this is a video game not real life. It shouldnt matter if it would happen in real life or not. If someone wants to trade CP3 for Drose why not let em. Some people play better with certain star players than they do with others. But I guess I see where your coming from, and you wanna manage your league with realistic trades.

Yeah, but the thing is; why pick a team like the Miami Heat if you're going to trade away Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh? My issue is, people pick teams and already plan to trade away players before the league even starts. In this case especially, most people have first dibs on teams; so why pick the Lakers if you're going to trade Dwight Howard away?
bigc421

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya boy hollywud wrote:
YellowSCRE4MS wrote:
What?

The point is still valid. Users still take advantage of other users in trades all the time. There can be guidelines that will allow people to trade, while doing some restricting. I was in a 2K league last season where I saw Darren Collison and Roy Hibbert traded for Russell Westbrook and Serge Ibaka. Two users made that trade, is it fair? Hell no, the Thunder owner in this case got ripped in that trade.

Trades like this makes the league not fun. Also, what if the Thunder user leaves the league? A new owner doesn't even have Westbrook on the team and has Darren Collison instead.

Ok but lets say 15worst games into the season the heat are 5-10 and vetting killed down low and on the boards. Sixers offer bynum and holiday for dwade????? If teams are losing for a certain reason it makes to try to adjust your roster to fix the problem
Quote:

Yeah, but the thing is; why pick a team like the Miami Heat if you're going to trade away Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh? My issue is, people pick teams and already plan to trade away players before the league even starts. In this case especially, most people have first dibs on teams; so why pick the Lakers if you're going to trade Dwight Howard away?
phillybul

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya boy hollywud wrote:
phillybul wrote:
You cant change the difficulty during the season? Since the commish can adjust sliders all you have to do is set them to HOF or Superstar.

And damn someone took the friggin Kings. Evil or Very Mad Was gonna join. Ah well.

I don't know if you can change the difficulty. I've been playing a lot on HoF today and I can see a huge difference playing on HoF and Pro. I think we'll be playing on HoF.

So you won't join just because you can't get the Kings?

Hard to hit anything from outside on HOF, plus close buckets in the rim miss way too much. Fouling is called a ton. That's why HOF needs to be tweaked a bit. Pro is for kids no doubt. You hit any and everything. I like superstar the most.

Ill check to see what teams are left now. Only reason I wanted the Kings is because I'm in a league with them. Team is pretty fun but Ill take the challenge of another team.
phillybul

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSW available? If so Ill jump on them. Gamertag strikskillz (no e)
ya boy hollywud

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phillybul wrote:
GSW available? If so Ill jump on them. Gamertag strikskillz (no e)

You have the Warriors.
ya boy hollywud

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as the trade restrictions thing, you bring up a good point. If the Heat are getting hammered down low and were offered Bynum and Holiday for Wade they should be able to take that deal.

As of right now, the ONLY trade restriction I have that I'm really wanting to enforce is no CPU trades. That would end up being a mess.

I'm glad you guys are giving your opinions, I really do like to hear from everybody in the league if possible on things before we kick the league off.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 25 and video games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 3 of 14

Jump to: