Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Biggest Room For Improvement
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
So what happened. Last year we were able to protect Rodgers and without a running game throw all over everybody? People just adjusted? Why didn't they do that half-way thur last year.

3 Things IMO.

1. The defenses we played. We have played 3 top 10 defenses this year.

2. The refs. The replacement refs were doing a much worse job calling illegal contact, DPI, etc and it was hurting our WRs.

3. Our play calling. Not only the run/pass balance, but the routes we are sending our guys in as well.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
Kampman74

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:
So what happened. Last year we were able to protect Rodgers and without a running game throw all over everybody? People just adjusted? Why didn't they do that half-way thur last year.

3 Things IMO.

2. The refs. The replacement refs were doing a much worse job calling illegal contact, DPI, etc and it was hurting our WRs.

3. Our play calling. Not only the run/pass balance, but the routes we are sending our guys in as well.

Well thats looking pretty good right there. Regular refs are back and MM I thought adjusted pretty well in the second half of the Seattle game. He showed that he will adjust to the situation, I don't know why people think that he won't make changes for the O. Think

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:

3 Things IMO.

I think you have hit upon the truth. Let's hope MM will let Benson run more and the regular officials will not allow DBs to mug WRs past 5 yards like the replacements did.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
Kampman74 wrote:

3 Things IMO.

Well thats looking pretty good right there. Regular refs are back and MM I thought adjusted pretty well in the second half of the Seattle game. He showed that he will adjust to the situation, I don't know why people think that he won't make changes for the O. Think

I think folks wish he would make these adjustments earlier than he does.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kampman74 wrote:
I don't know Kampman, it seems a lot of people here think the secret to winning is simply being a balanced run:pass team that takes the ball out of the hands of the best player in the league.

Sometimes you need to run the ball but sometimes there just isn't much of anything to gain from running unless you are consistently picking up five plus yards. If a defense leaves six in the box and only gives up three or four yards a run, why would they start to stack the box when they know the pass is still the Packers best attack?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: