Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 News & Info Thread II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Broadway Joe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:
Phire wrote:
Did y'all know Maclin holds a postseason game NFL record an an Eagles franchise record?

Holding us back, man.

And Greg Lewis is the only WR in Eagles history with a TD catch. That should tell you enough about our team's history.

In postseason? Maclin is the youngest player in NFL postseason history to record a TD so that nugget has to be wiped clean.

I don't really see that as a milestone since we all played like crap in that game.

Thanks to Braylon4MVP for the sig!
Broadway Joe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:
How many playoff wins since you are in this forum? I think you are the one is jinxing us.

You too...

What are you talking about? Laughing I joined in March of 2008.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=290104016 (4:30 PM ET, January 4, 2009) Eagles 26, Vikings 14

http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=290111019 (1:00 PM ET, January 11, 2009) Eagles 23, Giants 11

Nice try though PE. You lose.

Apparently I was here for that I miscalculate Laughing

So please PE, stop jinxing us!

Thanks to Braylon4MVP for the sig!
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadway Joe wrote:
Phire wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:
Phire wrote:
Did y'all know Maclin holds a postseason game NFL record an an Eagles franchise record?

Holding us back, man.

And Greg Lewis is the only WR in Eagles history with a TD catch. That should tell you enough about our team's history.

In postseason? Maclin is the youngest player in NFL postseason history to record a TD so that nugget has to be wiped clean.

I don't really see that as a milestone since we all played like crap in that game.

Except Maclin apparently.

Broke the eagles postseason game yardage record too.

And gave Vicks longest TD catch of his career.

But yes, the team played terrible.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
PowerElite

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:
How many playoff wins since you are in this forum? I think you are the one is jinxing us.

You too...

What are you talking about? Laughing I joined in March of 2008.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=290104016 (4:30 PM ET, January 4, 2009) Eagles 26, Vikings 14

http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=290111019 (1:00 PM ET, January 11, 2009) Eagles 23, Giants 11

Nice try though PE. You lose.

My bad, I somehow placed an extra emphasis on playoff losses being that's all the Eagles have ever had (besides missing the playoffs altogether) with Maclin on the roster. At least I'm not consistently lowering the standard. I do think in terms of Superbowl or bust even though this team isn't on schedule. Some of you guys are satiated by Maclin being a part of an above .500 record while he is playing and do not discredit him for missing games with minor bruises and such forcing the Eagles to insert even WORSE wide receivers. The Eagles beat the Super Bowl champion Giants without Maclin last season and loss to the Giants with Maclin. Thank you very much...
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
My bad

Now there's a bombshell. Laughing
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone give me a cliffsnotes on this thread

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
Withmy89vision

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
Someone give me a cliffsnotes on this thread

PE thinks we are a terrible team because of Maclin, Avant and Watkins. If only we could upgrade those positions to all-pros, then we would be living up to expectations.

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL stadium in LA just got approved.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Eagles_808

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:

There could be a team in LA as early as next year. Apparently the Chargers are the front runner to move. Raiders, Jags, Bills, Bucs are the other possibilities I believe. Better for me, as I get a great chance to see at least one Eagles game every 4 years.
Phire

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Phire wrote:

There could be a team in LA as early as next year. Apparently the Chargers are the front runner to move. Raiders, Jags, Bills, Bucs are the other possibilities I believe. Better for me, as I get a great chance to see at least one Eagles game every 4 years.

Bracing myself for the unexpected, but if a team were to move into LA from out of state... How much football does Cali need? SD would make sense. Moving a team is hard business though. Even moving the Chargers you will have thousands of angry fans.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:

Eagles_808

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:

Bracing myself for the unexpected, but if a team were to move into LA from out of state... How much football does Cali need? SD would make sense. Moving a team is hard business though. Even moving the Chargers you will have thousands of angry fans.

Yes, losing a team for any city really sucks for them. I won't deny that, but at that the same time, SD to LA is literally a 2hr to 2.5hr drive. If any move were to happen, that makes the most sense geographically.
Kiltman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
Phire wrote:

I hope it's the Raiders who move back...only then would it not seem like a fanbase is getting their team stolen to me. If they NEED two teams I guess it would be the Rams to move back too...aren't they at risk to have their lease to run out or something? Both need new stadiums...but I'd hope the Rams stay in St. Louis....LA needs to prove they can support one team before they get two.

The next expansion will likely have to be 8 teams so it's not lopsided....and that's not coming for a long time....I can't even think of 8 cities to put a team. LA, Toronto, OKC, San Antonio, .....?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Phire wrote:

Yes, losing a team for any city really sucks for them. I won't deny that, but at that the same time, SD to LA is literally a 2hr to 2.5hr drive. If any move were to happen, that makes the most sense geographically.

Plus the Chargers stadium is a tip.

I went there 7 years ago and it looked old. No idea who dated it would look now.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would prefer a team that haven't managed to sell their tickets for years. Jacksonville/Tampa

"You will never walk again... but you will fly"
“You forget. My father had four sons.”
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2107/michael-vick
Quote:
Michael Vick admitted he dinged his knee on the final drive of Sunday night's win over the Giants.
Coach Andy Reid didn't mention any injury to Vick during his post-game rundown and the quarterback didn't even go for testing right after the game. Instead, he addressed the media. This story will likely grow more legs than it's worth because of Vick's last word in this quote. "I'm all right, though," he said. "I'll be ready for next week. Hopefully."

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 4 of 99

Jump to: