Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT Wk 4: (1-2) Oakland Raiders @ (1-2) Denver Broncos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
We're stronger and deeper in the secondary than we've been in 20+ years. it'll be tough if you've got to throw.

Don't see that. Not after watching the Falcons and Texans dismantle that secondary. Adams and Moore as suspect. Porter was beaten up last week (how's his knee) and Bailey is Bailey. If this is the best secondary in 20+ years, then that last 20 years was awful.

Yeah, that was a bit over the top. How 'bout 15? I've really liked the way Harris and Carter have stepped up this year. Both solid. With a healthy Porter thats a very good group of CB's.

Moore seems to improve every week (with a few bumps). To bad QC got hurt. I was hoping he could supplant Adams. Seems like we get a chance to see Ihenacho. I'd love one of these kids to really step up and fill the safety void we've had since Atwater left. Someone to carry on the tradition of Thompson, Smith and Atwater.
Cutler06

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

AKRNA wrote:
We're stronger and deeper in the secondary than we've been in 20+ years. it'll be tough if you've got to throw.

Don't see that. Not after watching the Falcons and Texans dismantle that secondary. Adams and Moore as suspect. Porter was beaten up last week (how's his knee) and Bailey is Bailey. If this is the best secondary in 20+ years, then that last 20 years was awful.

Well, OAK has NOBODY on their roster close to Andre for HOU or Julio and Roddy for ATL, let alone trying to compare Carson to Schaub or Ryan...

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the last two games - even though we played against the two best teams in the NFL - I abstain from predicting a winner in this one. A slow start against the Raiders would be just as potentially game deciding as it was against ATL and HOU. We need to improve in the timing and pass rush department. The Raiders have beaten us badly the last few games, so why not once more today? The Broncos first have to prove that they can limit mental lapses to a game non-defining minimum before I can again come out and say right away that they will or will not win a particular game.

WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
ihatepotholes

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
I hate predicting these games and I am not gonna. Go State University of New Jersey.

Rutgers?

Good spot for the Broncos but there is a lot of psychology behind these meetings. Even more so with Dennis Allen now coaching the Raiders. Think we pull it out but doubt it will be as easy as anyone would think.

I'm surprised that you know Rutgers. I didn't think anybody outside of tri-state would know our school Laughing
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ihatepotholes wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
I hate predicting these games and I am not gonna. Go State University of New Jersey.

Rutgers?

Good spot for the Broncos but there is a lot of psychology behind these meetings. Even more so with Dennis Allen now coaching the Raiders. Think we pull it out but doubt it will be as easy as anyone would think.

I'm surprised that you know Rutgers. I didn't think anybody outside of tri-state would know our school Laughing
Well I don't think Princeton comes to mind when someone stays State University Wink

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
ihatepotholes wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

Rutgers?

Well I don't think Princeton comes to mind when someone stays State University Wink

I was going to go to Rutgers. I had my bags packed, apartment picked, train route into Manhattan for a job picked, and my plane ticket reserved. Then all of a sudden I got an acceptance letter for Cornell, which through a real chink into those plans for New Jersey.

Here is a fun fact though, regarding NJ Universities. Rutgers and Princeton played in the very first college football game.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
ihatepotholes wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

Rutgers?

I was going to go to Rutgers. I had my bags packed, apartment picked, train route into Manhattan for a job picked, and my plane ticket reserved. Then all of a sudden I got an acceptance letter for Cornell, which through a real chink into those plans for New Jersey.

Here is a fun fact though, regarding NJ Universities. Rutgers and Princeton played in the very first college football game.
Which was about the only time the biggest football game ever was played in NJ.

Absolutely nothing to do to kill time until 2. Only AM game on is 49ers/Jets. Oh yay Rolling Eyes it's that or bull riding.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ihatepotholes wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

Rutgers?

I'm from the tri-state, the northern section of the tri-state.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
I wonder what makes rivalries like these sustainable? I mean, the players change over and over and over and over and over again. And, several of the players have probably played together and are friends, yet the Raiders v. Broncos has always maintained some kind of turmoil between them.

Is it the fans that keep the hatred between the two teams alive?

I think it's the fans. And the fact it's a division rivalry. These 2 teams also are the most historically successful in the AFC West.

On a side note, this year both HCs used to be D-coordinator for the opposing team.

Well...in terms of Super Bowls wins and appearances, they are the most successful...but the Raiders Commitment to Mediocrity wouldn't really make them successful, now would it?

historically - throughout history
bobdevine

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darrius Heyward-Bey is listed as inactive for the game. That means the Raiders are likely to run more. If the Broncos DL can contain runs, it should be a win for Denver.

Broncos win 28-14.
elliot878

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
Darrius Heyward-Bey is listed as inactive for the game. That means the Raiders are likely to run more. If the Broncos DL can contain runs, it should be a win for Denver.

Broncos win 28-14.

May not be good seeing as DMC has been incredible in Denver throughout his career.

Youre right though, the Raiders O should be rather one dimensional.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
bobdevine wrote:

Broncos win 28-14.

May not be good seeing as DMC has been incredible in Denver throughout his career.

Youre right though, the Raiders O should be rather one dimensional.

It's not like DHB has been a monster this season. Palmer has been spreading the ball around to all his targets. Derek Hagan brings a similar skill set, and having Moore starting at WR is far more important.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
ihatepotholes wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

Rutgers?

Absolutely nothing to do to kill time until 2. Only AM game on is 49ers/Jets. Oh yay Rolling Eyes it's that or bull riding.

I may be wrong, but don't the Jets and the Giants play in NJ? They have played some meaningful football.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
ihatepotholes wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

Rutgers?

I may be wrong, but don't the Jets and the Giants play in NJ? They have played some meaningful football.
You're not wrong but they aren't college teams Wink

Chiefs are really bad.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moreno and Irving are inactive today.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 3 of 19

Jump to: