Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens (Week 4) Post-Game Thread: Good, Bad, Ugly
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this sounds like blind homerism, but whatever.

When I watch this team, I am at least now seeing NFL level talent. We aren't executing, and that sucks, and we can blame the coaching, the players, the scheme, or whatever. But I can at least see talent all over the field. That hasn't been the case with the Browns in quite some time.

I see a tempo on our offense that I've been wanting to see. Again, we're not executing often enough, and that needs to change, but at least the Browns have guys who have the ability to beat their counterparts more often than not. Weeden has been showing steady progress and even toughness, and that is very encouraging. Richardson is for real. Guys like Little and Gordon are crazy inconsistent, but the talent is there.

On defense, I see an overall upgrade in team speed. We're not shutting teams down, but we are certainly playing well enough to win, and that's without our best defensive player (Haden). We have areas we need to upgrade, but overall, this is a pretty good NFL defense.

I'm still very hopeful. I still see many signs of encouragement. Man, we need to win a game or 2 to stop the bleeding, but there are many reasons to be optimistic, imo.

It will happen some day. Not sure when.
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The line has made its fair share of mistakes, but the scoring positions are what's keeping us from winning games. I'll be honest, even though we haven't won a game yet, aside from slight anger immediately after blowing winning opportunities, I've woke up the next day optimistic about us going forward. I'm not ready to give up on any of these guys (maybe Marecic), but, we have to find a way to fix the drops, and a way to come out with energy and score early, not come out flat and not be able to move the ball in early drives. Weeden looked not very good early in the game against Baltimore. Receivers dropped passes too, but he was off target. It's like he gets in a hole on the scoreboard, back goes against the wall, and he starts playing better. The difference between a first down completion and the pick six was about 8 inches towards the sidelines. I want the line to play better, but it's not the difference between winning and losing. We convert a 3rd down screen to the fullback and Philly doesn't have all that time left in the 2nd quarter to score. Fort picks off the pass in the end zone and game over. In the Buffalo game, if that play isn't blown dead, it's possible that we return Fitzpatricks fumble all the way for a TD. Last game we had a few plays like that too. We could have won the game.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^

I agree Reggie.

The offense has the pieces in place for the most part, they just need time to develop and grow together.

Defensively, a few 'difference makers' would be quite helpful, especially at DE/CB/FS, but overall, there are some nice building blocks.

Browns fans have built a dynasty out of moral victories in the past and have forced themselves to believe 'we're close' even when to the average fan knew we weren't. But, I agree, this is different. We have the talent. It just needs to develop and continue to progress.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While our corners didn't do a great job, the fact is everytime the ball was thrown anywhere near Boldin he caught it. It was an absurdly well played game by him.

And I think part of the reason we get away from running is because our guards are not reliable.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
While our corners didn't do a great job, the fact is everytime the ball was thrown anywhere near Boldin he caught it. It was an absurdly well played game by him.

And I think part of the reason we get away from running is because our guards are not reliable.

Boldin and Flacco played great. Patterson said it himself, those guys get paid too.

We had good coverage on a lot of those completions. Flacco just put the ball in a great spot and Boldin made some very nice catches. I'm sure Weeden was jealous.

As far as the guards, I think their talent is being called into question because we apparently can't run the ball anywhere other than right up their backsides.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why we don't run more sweeps/tosses and try to get Richardson 1 on 1 in space? We just keep barreling forward and hoping he can run through an entire defense.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
H2ThaIzzo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:

Our line needs to step it up, but our play calling when it comes to running the football is very vanilla. I'd love for us to have some series where we are singleback formation, spread the receivers out wide, get the defense spread out, and run the ball right down their throats. I don't know why we always run with putting in the fullback who misses his assignments and clogging everyone inside

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
I am probably going to take heat for this one because it happens every year when I notice a great player before everyone else ala Connor Barwin, Chandler Jones and others

Couldn't resist.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

freakygeniuskid wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
I am probably going to take heat for this one because it happens every year when I notice a great player before everyone else ala Connor Barwin, Chandler Jones and others

Couldn't resist.

Just sayin bro.

It happens every year I really like someone who is no where near 1st round at the time. I mock him to the Browns in various ways around the back of round 1 or early round 2 and everyone rips it apart. Then like magic when its all said and done those "4th rounders" go round 1 or early round 2.

I say it every year any poster who has the balls to step out on a limb and talk highly of a player who is not on the radar or draft sites, kipers, espn's and gurus of the world always gets ripped. Its not just me either. I've seen it in here numerous times and I see it happen in the NFL draft forum. If it doesn't fit the norm then the majority doesn't like it because Mel Kiper and Todd McShay didn't say it first.

And the funny thing is everyone also seems to hate on Kiper and McShay calling them overrated almost ever year. WTF gives?

Jamison on the sig
candyman93

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked Chandler Jones. I love freakish athletes at DE
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:

I second that.

Plus, I just wanted Jon "Bones" Jones to be at our games. On the sidelines, preferably. If the other team starts getting chippy: BAM! Superman punch to the throat.
bulldog

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, you know that last play where Weeden threw the ball out of the endzone? I thought you guys might want to see this. Sorry for the quality.

ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulldog wrote:
So, you know that last play where Weeden threw the ball out of the endzone? I thought you guys might want to see this. Sorry for the quality.

[img][/img]

Do you have the all-22 shot of that?
roger murdock

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:

Not a DE per se, but Jarvin Jones is a freak athlete pass rusher who should be in play for us, no matter how high we are drafting.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
bulldog wrote:

[img][/img]

Do you have the all-22 shot of that?

no. Best I can do. I'll put up a few shots in sequence though. give me a few.
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

Not a DE per se, but Jarvis Jones is a freak athlete pass rusher who should be in play for us, no matter how high we are drafting.

No doubt about it. He's the clearcut #1 defensive prospect so far this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: