Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

4 Games - An Old Man's take

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rre63

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: 4 Games - An Old Man's take Reply with quote

I was alive the last time the Browns won it all, it was a loooong time ago.
I have read this forum daily for about 6 years and really enjoy it.
This team is way too young to expect anything in the form of won/loss record. As fans tho, we should expect improvement every week and I'm
seeing alot each week.
Weedons biggest concern/flaw coming into the league had to be pocket presence. If the Ravens game is any indication, he MIGHT be getting it. This is one of the most important skils a rookie QB has to learn
if he is gonna be successful in the NFL. They dont learn it in college anymore unless they're named Andrew Luck. Weedon looks, talks and acts like the real deal and he has a great arm. I cannot remember a
Browns QB that could make all the throws he can, if he only had Bernie's touch...
Our recievers need to be given a tape of last nights Packer - Saints game. Those are NFL receivers, Brees woulda looked like Quinn without
those guys makin plays for him.
Richardson is a bad SOB. 25 touch Minimum or fire the coach. He is the real deal. I had doubts, i was really wrong. That catch he made on that little scrren pass on the rollout was the best catch I've seen a brownie make in a few years. BTW, the pass was perfectly thrown.
Defense is fine and young DL looks real good. Definately missing Gocong and Haden.
You guys are informative and funny to read most of the time, most of you seem to be about 22 or are just extremely passionate. Patience is hard with a young team but this team has a much better talent base than any since the return. Front office stability is gonna be the key to turning this young Browns team into a consistant winner.
Old man out
buno67

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: 4 Games - An Old Man's take Reply with quote

rre63 wrote:
I was alive the last time the Browns won it all, it was a loooong time ago.

im surprised you know how to work a computer lol

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 4 Games - An Old Man's take Reply with quote

rre63 wrote:

You guys are informative and funny to read most of the time, most of you seem to be about 22 or are just extremely passionate. Patience is hard with a young team but this team has a much better talent base than any since the return. Front office stability is gonna be the key to turning this young Browns team into a consistant winner.
Old man out

Agreed, we are passionate as heck and we are often quick to pull the opinion trigger. I think this team is on the right path and if we are patient enough, this approach of building through the draft will pay off.

I was listening to talk radio in pittsburgh today and they were talking about Terry Bradshaw and how it took him a few years to establish himself (years! Not games... Years!(unheard of right?)). He had an arm but threw tons of picks and didnt win often early in his career. The fans didnt believe in him and even then coach Chuck Knoll questioned if he had what it takes to win. 4 superbowls later it turned out that patience paid off.

Im not comparing Weeden to Bradshaw but I wish todays nfl and todays fans allowed for more than a few games to write a guy off or crown him savior. Sustainable success takes time and growing pains but atleast we have a plan and have good young talent to work with.

Skipping over bruceb's posts since 2012
JCBrowns21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 4 Games - An Old Man's take Reply with quote

NickZambo wrote:
rre63 wrote:

Old man out

Agreed, we are passionate as heck and we are often quick to pull the opinion trigger. I think this team is on the right path and if we are patient enough, this approach of building through the draft will pay off.

I was listening to talk radio in pittsburgh today and they were talking about Terry Bradshaw and how it took him a few years to establish himself (years! Not games... Years!(unheard of right?)). He had an arm but threw tons of picks and didnt win often early in his career. The fans didnt believe in him and even then coach Chuck Knoll questioned if he had what it takes to win. 4 superbowls later it turned out that patience paid off.

Im not comparing Weeden to Bradshaw but I wish todays nfl and todays fans allowed for more than a few games to write a guy off or crown him savior. Sustainable success takes time and growing pains but atleast we have a plan and have good young talent to work with.

That was also a time when coaches were allowed to coach and lead a team. Now if a team is struggling they call for the coaches head. There is no patience in today's game.

I agree with the OP about the progress. However, I think this next game will be the true test. The Giants pass rush is the best in football and these are the defending Super Bowl champs. If we can continue to progress, I can see us winning 5-6 games this year still and being a potential playoff contender next year. We have to feed T-Rich though.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 4 Games - An Old Man's take Reply with quote

rre63 wrote:
... most of you seem to be about 22 ...

Im assuming I am in that category, and Thank You for the compliment. haha Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: