Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

White/Jones OR Nicks/Cruz
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Better Duo
White and Jones
72%
 72%  [ 65 ]
Nicks and Cruz
27%
 27%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 90

w4rrior723

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
Most ridiculous comment in this thread was some Giants homer saying he'd take 20, count em, 20! receivers over Roddy White. LOL! Roddy White is overrated when it comes to the media and general public in the sense he has amazing bulk stats, but underrated on here by people who think his high volume targets and drops make him only above average. Roddy White is a top 10 receiver right now, look at his numbers. I don't care if his stats are not efficient, putting up 1,000 yard seasons consistently is amazing for a WR and efficiency matters little at the WR position, at least compared to say a quarterback. These two duos are neck and neck, and I don't think you can really prove any better than the other. I go with Atlanta because of the fact I'd take the receivers in this order
Jones
Nicks
White
Cruz

I can dig this post. Props for putting forth a reasonable perspective. LOL at the guy who called Cruz a faster Welker and LOL @ him for ignoring my last two comments.

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me White and Jones.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can people stop saying "Julio and Roddy easily". Firstly if youre going to give one sentence answers, then dont put easily. Please explain why you think its "easily".

Secondly, it is not easily lol. Its pretty close. I cant fault anybody for taking Roddy and Julio but dont give me "its roddy and julio easily or without a doubt".

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think just for what julio jones brings to the table and his potential i may take the atlanta combo(despite the fact that roddy is getting old fast) but dang the new york receivers are some game breakers.....definitely a tough one......as for the michael irvin comment.....i would take either combo over the dallas combo everyday......

[quote="Tzimisce"]Was Romo playing sarcastaball?
Plat wrote:
"]i swear this guy be trolling
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
I love how people are mocking me too for using logic you used. "Well this player hasn't done such and such so he can't talk about such and such". Well YOU haven't done anything so why can you criticize them? It's not good logic at all. This forum shouldn't exist if that logic were true. I suggest you stop using it because it's not a good basis for an argument and you are all extremely hypocritical with it.

EliteTexan80 wrote:
...that's nice, sweetie.

Wow post of the year. The mods here are top notch. Keep throwing out your smart comments because you can't actually reply and tell me why what I'm saying is wrong when I'm not even the one to use the stupid logic to start with.

Dude, you need to chill out.

As to the actual question. Jones is the best WR out of the 4, and White isnt too far behind the other 2. Ill take Atlanta.
redsoxsuck05

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody must have missed Cruz getting 2 TDs against Asomugha last year. Guess he's not a #1 corner in that case...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
I love how people are mocking me too for using logic you used. "Well this player hasn't done such and such so he can't talk about such and such". Well YOU haven't done anything so why can you criticize them? It's not good logic at all. This forum shouldn't exist if that logic were true. I suggest you stop using it because it's not a good basis for an argument and you are all extremely hypocritical with it.

EliteTexan80 wrote:
...that's nice, sweetie.

Wow post of the year. The mods here are top notch. Keep throwing out your smart comments because you can't actually reply and tell me why what I'm saying is wrong when I'm not even the one to use the stupid logic to start with.

As to the actual question. Jones is the best WR out of the 4, and White isnt too far behind the other 2. Ill take Atlanta.

Why is Jones the best WR?
minutemancl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
minutemancl wrote:
You're making a fool of yourself dude. But what do I know, I don't play in the NFL.

This will be a thing... Laughing

Possibly my favorite thing. Laughing

To stay on track though, the two tandems are 1 and 2 in the NFL right now (Packers are 3rd, don't jump on me cheeseheads). Hakeem Nicks with a broken foot put up 200 yards the other week. I'd take him over any of the other three right now. He can do it all and single handedly take over any game. Julio's potential is obviously through the roof. He had a nice season last year, but I'd like to see if he can perform up to his full potential this year before I rank him ahead of Roddy or Cruz for that matter, who put up an amazing season last year. He has to prove he can do it again too, but the bigger numbers for him last year put him ahead of Jones right now. I'd rank them like this right now:

Nicks
White
Cruz
Jones

But by the end of the year, or even by as early as week 10, I could easily see them being ranked like this:

Nicks
Jones
White
Cruz

White is good, but don't even try to act like he is consistent. It's easy to put up 1000 yards every season when you are thrown to as much he is.

Can't go wrong with either, but I'll take the crew that show up every game they play in. Wink
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
ATL Jones Bro3 wrote:

EliteTexan80 wrote:
...that's nice, sweetie.

Why is Jones the best WR?

Because he has the ability to do the same thing that each other WR does best. IMO he combines the best attributes of all three other guy, and thats not a knock on anyone else. I think hes going to solidify himself as a top 5 WR this year
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
Because he has the ability to do the same thing that each other WR does best. IMO he combines the best attributes of all three other guy, and thats not a knock on anyone else. I think hes going to solidify himself as a top 5 WR this year

I love Jones but his hands are no where near as good as Hakeem Nicks. It's one of the reasons why Brandon Marshall isn't a top 5 receiver. Great physical attributes but iffy hands...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
GSUeagles14

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

I love Jones but his hands are no where near as good as Hakeem Nicks. It's one of the reasons why Brandon Marshall isn't a top 5 receiver. Great physical attributes but iffy hands...

Thats true, I probably embellished a little bit. What I was trying to say basically is that not only is Jones the most well rounded IMO, buts hes pretty damn good at each phase as well
reckless123

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

Thats true, I probably embellished a little bit. What I was trying to say basically is that not only is Jones the most well rounded IMO, buts hes pretty damn good at each phase as well

Most well rounded? I dunno about that. I think hakeem is the most well rounded of the bunch.He does everything at least at a good level. I see Julio possibly breaking into the top 10 this year.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
GSUeagles14 wrote:

Most well rounded? I dunno about that. I think hakeem is the most well rounded of the bunch.He does everything at least at a good level. I see Julio possibly breaking into the top 10 this year.

I disagree with you there big time. Besides having an advantage in hands I dont know of one thing Nicks does better than Julio. And its not like Jones has bad hands either, at worst theyre above average
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
I disagree with you there big time. Besides having an advantage in hands I dont know of one thing Nicks does better than Julio. And its not like Jones has bad hands either, at worst theyre above average

Depends on what you mean by above average. I'd say his hands are like Brandon Marshall's maybe slightly worse. Great at times and makes some tough catches, but inconsistent and drops plenty of balls that should be caught. I would consider them average at best atm...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
BladeKor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
Can people stop saying "Julio and Roddy easily". Firstly if youre going to give one sentence answers, then dont put easily. Please explain why you think its "easily".

Secondly, it is not easily lol. Its pretty close. I cant fault anybody for taking Roddy and Julio but dont give me "its roddy and julio easily or without a doubt".

Sounds like you're frustrated that people are picking the better duo which isn't giant players.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: