Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tracking Ryan Tannehill
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you currently believe Ryan Tannehill is the answer?
Yes, he is on the right track and just needs to develop with expirience.
93%
 93%  [ 54 ]
No, I wouldn't be surprised if Barkley was a Dolphin in 2013.
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 58

ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
I was impressed with the endzone passes against the Jags.

It reminded me of the type of play New England would have ran....sometimes you don't need a big endzone target with a well designed play...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One game left. Tanny could actually have a positive TD-INT ratio for the first time this season!

Fun Fact: Tannehill(76.9) has a higher passer rating than Andrew Luck(75.6). It'll be interesting who finishes higher since we have the Pats and they have the Texans.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tannehill has not thrown an interception in the last 4 games.
Dolphinmeister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really cannot think of a QB that is doing more with less than what Tannehill has to work with. I think the knee injury and missed game ( really it was 2 games) set his season back a bit.
As I watch other teams that are in or making a playoff run they just have playmaker after playmaker in the offensive skilled positions.
My feeling is with Tanny having to learn to play QB with limited weapons this year that he will only get more comfortable and his play will greatly improve as the tools are put in place on the offense.
Tetsuya_Ryuji

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Tetsuya_Ryuji wrote:
I was willing to give Tannehill a shot earlier this year, thought he was proving me wrong but all he looks like to me is a less efficient Chad Henne. Chad Henne had worse WR core IMO and was more effective. We should be looking at QB again in the draft..

You mean the WR core that featured Brandon Marshall?

Before Marshall was there.. When we had Ted Ginn.. Talking about their first years starting..

Chad Henne:
Games played: 14
TD: 12
INT: 14
Yards: 2,878
Completion percentage: 60.8
Fumbles:4 Lost: 0

Ryan Tannehill:
Games played: 16
INT: 13
Yards: 3,294
Completion percentage: 58.3
Fumbles: 9 Lost: 4

All I can say is I'm not impressed. Again, all I can do is hope I'm wrong.
Mpjjk89

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mpjjk89 wrote:
WaterBear56 wrote:
Sorry for the late update. Can't believe we were talking about Henne and he had that kind of game. Guy still sucks though, they had about 200 yards after the catch, from what I read on their forum.

Which brings me to my question. Why can't we get more yards after the catch? Every time a receiver gets his hands on the ball he is stopped right there. Love seeing Bess try to juke corners though, he can never do it so he always just walks out of bounds. But seriously, we need more quick slants. Most of Tannehills passes are to the outside numbers or right through the middle of the field, typically when a receiver is wide open.

What's even more alarming is the fact that our WR's have only caught 3 TD passes this season.

3 TD's in 10 games for WR's is the league worst, and yes, even worse than the KC Chiefs.

Okay this has to be some kind of record...

3 total touchdowns from our WR's in 16 games.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not ready to give up on Tannehill yet,

With the weapons he has had it is not a fair assesment to compare him to Henne and the stats don't necessarily show you the difference which can be seen on tape.

Another thing to remember is the horrible o line we have been trying to protect him with which got so much worse when Long went out. Long was a better player (playing in a more suitable scheme) when protecting Henne.

At this point I would keep Incognito over Jerry unless the plan is to move him to RT at Guard which shows in itself the problem. J Martin to me does not look strong enough to be a LT in this league.

Do we resign Long????????????? But we can't start the season with Martin at LT unless he strengthens up considerably or we get another LT in and move Martin back to the right. Garner is horrible (depth player only) but you wouldn't keep both Jerry and Garner as cover at Tackle. Let then fight it out for a back up spot.

Lets Keep the faith in Tannehill I would much prefer him than any other QB that looks to be coming out this year.

^^^Kempes^^^
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tannehill showed progression game to game. Henne lacked progression season to season. Henne entered the league at his peak after starting in college for four seasons. Tannehill still needs to develop after only starting in two. Henne's coach was Sparano. Tannehill's coach is Philbin. Right now, I'd say he was just as good as Henne was overall but I have no doubt he'll get better after another season with a full playbook.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tetsuya_Ryuji wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Tetsuya_Ryuji wrote:
I was willing to give Tannehill a shot earlier this year, thought he was proving me wrong but all he looks like to me is a less efficient Chad Henne. Chad Henne had worse WR core IMO and was more effective. We should be looking at QB again in the draft..

Before Marshall was there.. When we had Ted Ginn.. Talking about their first years starting..

Chad Henne:

Ryan Tannehill:

Didn't that same team (WR/RB) help get this team to a AFC East Championship the year before? And didn't Henne have the Benefit of having not 1 but 2 top 5 RB's on the backfield? The same group that Pennington completed almost 68% of his passes with?

My point is that Henne had more talent around him and he had a full year of development with his system. Tannehill is a Rookie that took over a team with a New HEad Coach, Offensive system, that was 6-10 the previous season who lost not 1 but, 2 number 1 WRs and won 7 games and was two missed field goals away from being in the Playoffs. He may not have lit the NFL on fire, but he did more with less then most of the QB's in the NFL.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comparing Tannehill to Henne is a joke we can compare or reflect on numbers all we want but the reality is henne doesnt pass the eye test is not a LEADER and has no MOBILITY. The number one factor for me is Henne was a 4 year starter coming out of college and Tannehill a inexperienced QB with growth potentiel. I am not saying tannehill is headed to pro bowls but its night and day between the 2
Tetsuya_Ryuji

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Tetsuya_Ryuji wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Tetsuya_Ryuji wrote:

Chad Henne:

Ryan Tannehill:

Didn't that same team (WR/RB) help get this team to a AFC East Championship the year before? And didn't Henne have the Benefit of having not 1 but 2 top 5 RB's on the backfield? The same group that Pennington completed almost 68% of his passes with?

My point is that Henne had more talent around him and he had a full year of development with his system. Tannehill is a Rookie that took over a team with a New HEad Coach, Offensive system, that was 6-10 the previous season who lost not 1 but, 2 number 1 WRs and won 7 games and was two missed field goals away from being in the Playoffs. He may not have lit the NFL on fire, but he did more with less then most of the QB's in the NFL.

2 top 5 RB? Not even close. We went to the playoffs because of Pennington.. Chad Henne went into play for a system built for Chad Pennington. Ryan Tannehill went into an offensive system built for him by the same coach he had in college. IMO the defense and Reggie Bush kept us in the games this year, not Tannehill. He had a few good games, yes. But Henne did too. All I'm saying is I think he's given more credit than he deserves. Yes it was his rookie year but I think fans are being more patient with him because he was a first round pick than they would if he were a second or third. Should he get another year? Maybe, but at least bring someone in to compete against him.. He didn't earn a starting role next year by his play this year, IMO.
DOLFAN016

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tetsuya_Ryuji wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Tetsuya_Ryuji wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Tetsuya_Ryuji wrote:

Chad Henne:

Ryan Tannehill:

2 top 5 RB? Not even close. We went to the playoffs because of Pennington.. Chad Henne went into play for a system built for Chad Pennington. Ryan Tannehill went into an offensive system built for him by the same coach he had in college. IMO the defense and Reggie Bush kept us in the games this year, not Tannehill. He had a few good games, yes. But Henne did too. All I'm saying is I think he's given more credit than he deserves. Yes it was his rookie year but I think fans are being more patient with him because he was a first round pick than they would if he were a second or third. Should he get another year? Maybe, but at least bring someone in to compete against him.. He didn't earn a starting role next year by his play this year, IMO.

All the credit that was given to Tannehill, he does deserve. This is a guy who changed positions in college and started just 19 games before the NFL. And which system would've suited Henne? Because he's been in about 3 different ones now and has been terrible in all of them. Tannehill's pocket awareness, accuracy, and decision making are all well ahead of where Henne was. And Tannehill is a rookie. He also went about 4 straight games without an INT. That can't just be dumb luck. I'm not saying that Henne wasn't good, but Henne wasn't good. He excelled in college because of a strong running game and plenty of playmakers to throw to. Yes Tannehill has the same college coach, but it's so much more than that. He has to adjust to the speed of the game, defense being more knowledgable, and having brand new skilled players. Not to mention we hardly have anybody right now that can break a play for a long gain. I think once we get some guys that can stretch the field we will see Tannehill really excel. I will admit that his deep ball accuracy must improve, but I know it will. He has all of the work ethic and leadership skills that Henne didn't.

Whether you guys like it or not...Tannehill is our QB of the future. I'm not opposed to bringing in "competition", but wouldn't spend a draft pick on somebody because we think he might not be the guy. Look at all of the other holes on just the offensive side of the ball. We have probably 2 guys on our OL that fit our scheme. The first order of business should be improving that. Next we obviously need probably 2 more WRs who fit what we're trying to do. I think we Hartline, Bess, and Matthews should be here to stay. Other top guys need to be priorities, though. Give Tannehill at least 2 more years to prove his worth. If he doesn't do it in that amount of time, then maybe we can start writing him off. We've been rebuilding for the last 10+ years. I honestly think we're a lot closer than we were at any other point. We should have a legitimate shot to win anywhere from 9-12 games next year, IMO. It'll all depend on what we do in FA and the draft. I honestly can't wait...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henne also sat a year after college and had 4 years starting at Michigan at QB, a healthier line and a more ball control offence.

Tannehill's numbers arent impressive and he does need to improve but Henne had a better situation coming in
Belfast Trojans #32 Shamrock Bowl winner 2012 and 2013
EFAF Atlantic Cup Winner 2013
Tetsuya_Ryuji

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOLFAN016 wrote:
Tetsuya_Ryuji wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Tetsuya_Ryuji wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Tetsuya_Ryuji wrote:

Chad Henne:

Ryan Tannehill:

All the credit that was given to Tannehill, he does deserve. This is a guy who changed positions in college and started just 19 games before the NFL. And which system would've suited Henne? Because he's been in about 3 different ones now and has been terrible in all of them. Tannehill's pocket awareness, accuracy, and decision making are all well ahead of where Henne was. And Tannehill is a rookie. He also went about 4 straight games without an INT. That can't just be dumb luck. I'm not saying that Henne wasn't good, but Henne wasn't good. He excelled in college because of a strong running game and plenty of playmakers to throw to. Yes Tannehill has the same college coach, but it's so much more than that. He has to adjust to the speed of the game, defense being more knowledgable, and having brand new skilled players. Not to mention we hardly have anybody right now that can break a play for a long gain. I think once we get some guys that can stretch the field we will see Tannehill really excel. I will admit that his deep ball accuracy must improve, but I know it will. He has all of the work ethic and leadership skills that Henne didn't.

Whether you guys like it or not...Tannehill is our QB of the future. I'm not opposed to bringing in "competition", but wouldn't spend a draft pick on somebody because we think he might not be the guy. Look at all of the other holes on just the offensive side of the ball. We have probably 2 guys on our OL that fit our scheme. The first order of business should be improving that. Next we obviously need probably 2 more WRs who fit what we're trying to do. I think we Hartline, Bess, and Matthews should be here to stay. Other top guys need to be priorities, though. Give Tannehill at least 2 more years to prove his worth. If he doesn't do it in that amount of time, then maybe we can start writing him off. We've been rebuilding for the last 10+ years. I honestly think we're a lot closer than we were at any other point. We should have a legitimate shot to win anywhere from 9-12 games next year, IMO. It'll all depend on what we do in FA and the draft. I honestly can't wait...

I will give him another year, I'm not saying we should totally give up on the guy. He's just not giving me much to look forward to. Yes he needs more weapons, the same thing was said before which is why we should have kept Marshall, but that's done and gone with.. Henne did suck, but so does Tanny from what I've seen. Yes, he played less games in college, that's not the point, the point is I'm not seeing much of him learning from his mistakes.. I see the same ones being made, and that's what worries me. As for his pocket awareness I see the complete opposite that you do.

I know he's here to stay for awhile, it's too hard to just throw your 1st round pick away after a year. He showed enough to me that he should be kept, but all I see in his future is warming the bench.. again, all I can do is hope I'm wrong.

As for the talk of Henne having a better situation coming in, I don't see that. He wasn't expected to start, it was Pennington's offense all preseason and up until the San Diego game. Yes, he sat a year and had 4 years starting as QB. More ball control offense, I'll give you that but a healthier line? Well, Jake Long was healthy.. We were lucky to have Garner.. I went to a game that year where he played every position but LT in one game due to injuries.. I remember quite a few that year.

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have gone on record by stating I would draft another QB this year. I am not sold on Tanney at all. I have the same feeling about him that I had about Chad Henne. I do not see leadership qualities at all while on the field. In fairness, Eli lacks that fire as well. I am just saying if you show film of Tanney's first game to last couple games, you will see virtually no change.

Tanney lacks the "IT" factor. There are 3 franchise QB's out of the 2012 draft and none of them play for Miami. The problem with being content on a quasi QB of the future is you miss out of real QB's of the future. Miami has to take the best players on the board, regardless of position. If the best player is a LT, DT, MLB etc... Miami needs to take them. They are void of talent at many positions.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

Jump to: