Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tracking Ryan Tannehill
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you currently believe Ryan Tannehill is the answer?
Yes, he is on the right track and just needs to develop with expirience.
93%
 93%  [ 54 ]
No, I wouldn't be surprised if Barkley was a Dolphin in 2013.
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 58

dolphinologist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please stop it with the BS .... The only consistent element for Tannehill on this offense is Mike Pouncey. EVERYTHiNG else is a mystery. Who the hell knows.
You guys have the patience of a crackhead who has everything but a lighter.

Where is our Pierre Garcon, Santana Moss and Josh Morgan ?
Where is our Reggie Wayne, TY Hilton, Coby Fleener and Donnie Avery?

If any adjustments to the QB depth chart need to be made it should be with a vet ... what other rookie is gonna come in here and turn Brian Hartline into Greg Jennings

First we work on putting everybody on the roster at their natural positions. That's how you build a football team. Not by throwing away a rookie who won 7 games (could have been more with better special teams play) in his first season with a first time HC.

You are not supposed to be "sold on Tanny" ... your are supposed to recognize that anybody on our line not named Jonathan Martin or Mike Pouncey doesn't fit. You are supposed to realize that there is no reason for any opposing team not to put 8 in the box.

We are not the broncos who where a Peyton Manning away from a 12 win season. Why do you think he never gave Miami a 2nd thought ? We would have soiled his career beyond repair.

All we need to do is make sure we have a Vet on the roster who is familliar with the offense.

For the rest of the team we do what everybody knows must be done.
Offense in Free Agency and Defense in the draft.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
DOLFAN016

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:
Please stop it with the BS .... The only consistent element for Tannehill on this offense is Mike Pouncey. EVERYTHiNG else is a mystery. Who the hell knows.

If any adjustments to the QB depth chart need to be made it should be with a vet ... what other rookie is gonna come in here and turn Brian Hartline into Greg Jennings

First we work on putting everybody on the roster at their natural positions. That's how you build a football team. Not by throwing away a rookie who won 7 games (could have been more with better special teams play) in his first season with a first time HC.

You are not supposed to be "sold on Tanny" ... your are supposed to recognize that anybody on our line not named Jonathan Martin or Mike Pouncey doesn't fit. You are supposed to realize that there is no reason for any opposing team not to put 8 in the box.

We are not the broncos who where a Peyton Manning away from a 12 win season. Why do you think he never gave Miami a 2nd thought ? We would have soiled his career beyond repair.

All we need to do is make sure we have a Vet on the roster who is familliar with the offense.

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinologist wrote:

I agree but IMO in the first 2 rounds of the draft, you go with playmakers and BPA. Just go after value and guys that fit the system. Get guys that can come in and make plays.

UniversalAuthor
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagasse67 wrote:
dolphinologist wrote:

I agree but IMO in the first 2 rounds of the draft, you go with playmakers and BPA. Just go after value and guys that fit the system. Get guys that can come in and make plays.

See my mock .... that's exactly what I did.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
Judson49

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is quite depressing to read. If people assess Tannehill as somewhat equivalent to Henne then it leaves me speechless. One can only presume you haven't watched Tannehill or just don't remember Henne well enough.
alant_8

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Bleacher Report isn't always the best source of information but thought i would share this about Tannehills rookie season

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1480614-did-ryan-tannehill-live-up-to-expectations-in-2012
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judson49 wrote:
This is quite depressing to read. If people assess Tannehill as somewhat equivalent to Henne then it leaves me speechless. One can only presume you haven't watched Tannehill or just don't remember Henne well enough.

When most fans mention Henne they often think of misery. But people forget the articles written about Henne after the 400 yard passing game against the Jets on Monday Night Football. They were very similar to when Tanney played the Cardinals. I do not look at Henne stint with the Fins as doom and gloom. Henne performed like a 2nd round QB. The problem is Miami wants a franchise QB and that one reason why he was run out of town. Fans wanted more. Had Brett Favre just retired and the Fins drafted Henne, there would have been more patience. The story probably would have ended the same but he would have had more time.

The only reason Sanchez remains with the Jets is due to his contract. I often compared Henne and Sanchez's numbers. Outside of playoff wins, they are virtually the same QB. But Sanchez got a longer rope. The difference between Tanney and Henne is having a offensive coach with a gameplan within the modern era of football and time.

We will see if Tanney lacks the weapons or the ability in the coming years. What I know is Denver does not stretch the field with their offensive weapons but yet they move the ball. I do not believe you NEED a down field threat to be a good offense. Look at the Patriots. They dink and dunk you to death.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As with any QB one season is hardly a baseline for evaluation. Sanchez received a huge contract based off a season performance and getting into the playoffs and has never been able to achieve it. Steve Young was barely competent as a Buc and went on to be one of the highest rated passers ever with the 9ners including winning the big one. What’s the main difference….coaching and on the field talent.

Coaching is such an important aspect to the development of a young QB. Rogers was successful not because he learned from Farve (doesn’t seem the mentoring type), but because of McCarthy (QB School) and the OC Philbin who worked with him teaching him the nuances of the game. The results speak for themselves. The thing is there are tons of guys who can sling the ball over the field….guys with the talent that never pan out and one of the biggest reasons are the teams they end up on. Head coaches and even OC who may not know what it takes to develop a young QB. Henne most likely falls in this category. He had talent, was a 4 year starter at a BCS school known for their QB’s, but unfortunately came to a team with a coach who most likely did not know how to develop his ability.

Talent is always going to be a factor for a young QB. IT makes a world of difference if you have an offensive line that can give you time and a few WR’s that are able to make plays. Two things the Phins lacked this year…remember when everyone was complementing Tannehill on his QB rating under pressure….what other choice did he have? This line couldn't hold a pass block for longer than 2 seconds if their own mother was at QB. The receiving core laughable….the only good player is Hartline and he is far from being a team’s number one option, what did they have after him? I’m pretty sure it looked like the fans in the first Major League movie “Who are these (removed) guys?” This team was devoid of play makers on offense. I doubt even Manning would have topped 4000 with that group of running turds with hands.

So where does the team go from here? Get the kid some talent coach him up and see if he is the real deal. Better to find out sooner than later and end up in a situation like the Jets.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
Judson49 wrote:

When most fans mention Henne they often think of misery. But people forget the articles written about Henne after the 400 yard passing game against the Jets on Monday Night Football. They were very similar to when Tanney played the Cardinals. I do not look at Henne stint with the Fins as doom and gloom. Henne performed like a 2nd round QB. The problem is Miami wants a franchise QB and that one reason why he was run out of town. Fans wanted more. Had Brett Favre just retired and the Fins drafted Henne, there would have been more patience. The story probably would have ended the same but he would have had more time.

The only reason Sanchez remains with the Jets is due to his contract. I often compared Henne and Sanchez's numbers. Outside of playoff wins, they are virtually the same QB. But Sanchez got a longer rope. The difference between Tanney and Henne is having a offensive coach with a gameplan within the modern era of football and time.

We will see if Tanney lacks the weapons or the ability in the coming years. What I know is Denver does not stretch the field with their offensive weapons but yet they move the ball. I do not believe you NEED a down field threat to be a good offense. Look at the Patriots. They dink and dunk you to death.

I'm being deliebrately irritating now, so take it in the light hearted sense it is meant....are you suggesting that as Ryan Tannehill isn't quite Peyton Manning or Tom Brady that makes him more of a Chad Henne?? Wink

I wouldn't mind seeing how Tannehill gets on with Gronk, Hernandez and Welker. While I haven't bothered watching the Broncos all year, I do distinctly recall Demariyus Thomas making plays with Tebow at QB.

I totally agree by the way, you don't NEED down field burners to succeed, much as you don't NEED a franchise QB to succeed. But as for the eye test (for me) Tannehill is a whole other breed of QB than that of Henne. Yeah they got similar stats, but the way they got there was much different. There seems to be clear ability to change things at the line of scrimmage with Tannehill and he appears (at face value only I admit) to be much more of a leader. Throw in the fact that he doesn't get rattled in the pocket, is much more mobile and doesn't throw 5 yard missiles at his receivers and there is so much more to build on with Tannehill than Henne.

Henne's progress flatlined. It was the same mistakes, week after week. There seemed to be no learning. The Monday night Jets game often gets trotted out, but give me another game where he showed you that he might be it....then give me another. The evidence isn't there.

For the record, I still think Henne is better than Sanchez.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad Highlight video of Tannehill's season

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZna1QV9MEI

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a good video, I think Tanny will be a good QB for us if we give him some help. Hartline and Bess did a good job this season but we need a WR that can catch the ball and run with it. Most of the big play passes the WR's kept falling down. I don't know it that was Tanny's fault or the WR's, but if we can get a top flight WR who can catch than Tanny will have a field day.

NFL - Miami Dolphins
College - THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
SUG

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, watching the Super Bowl tonight I could help it comparing Kapernick & Tanneyhill.

I was the guy screaming right here in the forum the yr before that we draft a tall lanky kid from Nevada with
not so conventional mechanics but a ton athleticism & upside.

I can't say for sure he woulda panned out for Sporano or Philbin but ...

I really see a limited playbook in Kapp & a whole lotta "pich & catch" type stuff.
I see a much more complex analytical scheme approach from Tannehill having run a Pro system/West Coast type Off in college.

But the biggest thing that jumped out at me - the fact Tannehill can run the No Huddle Off. That just killed Kapp & the 49ers tonight. Delay of gm penalties in the adjustments that weren't fooling anyone. I saw Time Outs getting burned over Kapps limited comand of the playbook or trusting what he saw from the Deff.

I really like where were at with Tanney.

sug
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Not a bad Highlight video of Tannehill's season

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZna1QV9MEI

If anything this video is an indictment of Jake Long ... He sucks in this offense.

ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
You know, watching the Super Bowl tonight I could help it comparing Kapernick & Tanneyhill.

I was the guy screaming right here in the forum the yr before that we draft a tall lanky kid from Nevada with
not so conventional mechanics but a ton athleticism & upside.

I can't say for sure he woulda panned out for Sporano or Philbin but ...

I really see a limited playbook in Kapp & a whole lotta "pich & catch" type stuff.
I see a much more complex analytical scheme approach from Tannehill having run a Pro system/West Coast type Off in college.

But the biggest thing that jumped out at me - the fact Tannehill can run the No Huddle Off. That just killed Kapp & the 49ers tonight. Delay of gm penalties in the adjustments that weren't fooling anyone. I saw Time Outs getting burned over Kapps limited comand of the playbook or trusting what he saw from the Deff.

I really like where were at with Tanney.

sug

One of the things that's going to pay off in the long run is how smart Tannehill is. The guy was a Biology major and planned on going to medical school. The more experience he gets the better he's going to be (especially with some end-zone threats). He may not have the top end speed that Keapernick has, but he is very athletic and seems to work very well while moving (running and throwing).

His command of a no-huddle offense is very nice and should get even better as he starts to understand reading defenses better. I'm pretty happy with what I've seen of him and can't wait for next season to start to see what he can do with some weapons.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Im not mistsken Tannehills 40 time was like a Tenth slower.
Thing is he doesnt come ftom an "option off", Im OK with that given he throws a more catchable/touch ball & hr played WR.

I wouldnt trade QBs given our HC & Off syst.

Sug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: