Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Just thinking ahead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What position do we draft with our 1st pick
LB
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
CB
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
WR
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
QB
73%
 73%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 15

marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
Anyone else find it funny we are tied for the lead in the division and our fan base is wanting to rebuild. Some bills fans are acting like the season is over.

Talking about the draft does not mean we are throwing in the towel..

I do not think Fitz is a franchise QB.. This has potential to be a QB-deep draft.. It is an opportune year to snag a QB..

If we end up top 10 pick, you look and see if you have a franchise guy who can step up in 2013.. If we do not see that guy, maybe we have a guy at the top of the 2nd we like as a backup learning behind Fitz..

If we do not end up with a terrible pick, you evaluate and see if you want to take a guy in the 1st and groom him behind Fitz..

Still rooting for this year, but even if we WIN THE SUPERBOWL (<1% likelihood) I still consider a QB in the top 2 rounds to groom Packers/Rodgers style..

No you are right but when people post pics of Geno Smith who will be the #1 pick n the draft then yes some are throwing in the towel.

The post wasn't to anyone specific. I was speaking in general. People are already talking about firing Gailey after starting .500 and tied for the lead in the division. Not saying he shouldn't be after the season but the talk is premature. We are still in it and we can still compete. People just overreacted to losing to probably a top 3 team in football. It happens. We have to expect losses in the season. Last week started the toughest stretch of our schedual. If we could enter week 11 with a 5-6 record, I would be estatic. The Arizona and Titans games are the most important on the schedual. If we can beat them and just barely survive till week 11, I think we will be just fine and could possibly coast to the end of the season and possibly finish with a 10-6 record or 9-7.

We are in a pretty good position.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Tk3 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
Anyone else find it funny we are tied for the lead in the division and our fan base is wanting to rebuild. Some bills fans are acting like the season is over.

Talking about the draft does not mean we are throwing in the towel..

I do not think Fitz is a franchise QB.. This has potential to be a QB-deep draft.. It is an opportune year to snag a QB..

If we end up top 10 pick, you look and see if you have a franchise guy who can step up in 2013.. If we do not see that guy, maybe we have a guy at the top of the 2nd we like as a backup learning behind Fitz..

If we do not end up with a terrible pick, you evaluate and see if you want to take a guy in the 1st and groom him behind Fitz..

Still rooting for this year, but even if we WIN THE SUPERBOWL (<1% likelihood) I still consider a QB in the top 2 rounds to groom Packers/Rodgers style..

No you are right but when people post pics of Geno Smith who will be the #1 pick n the draft then yes some are throwing in the towel.

The post wasn't to anyone specific. I was speaking in general. People are already talking about firing Gailey after starting .500 and tied for the lead in the division. Not saying he shouldn't be after the season but the talk is premature. We are still in it and we can still compete. People just overreacted to losing to probably a top 3 team in football. It happens. We have to expect losses in the season. Last week started the toughest stretch of our schedual. If we could enter week 11 with a 5-6 record, I would be estatic. The Arizona and Titans games are the most important on the schedual. If we can beat them and just barely survive till week 11, I think we will be just fine and could possibly coast to the end of the season and possibly finish with a 10-6 record or 9-7.

We are in a pretty good position.

You've said this more than once. It means nothing. We are a few games into the season. I'm not convinced that we're not the worst team in the AFC EAST right now. I don't care about the record. I watch the games. Our team is the epitome of inconsistent. Our play calling is questionable. Our game plans are questionable. We don't make adjustments. Our talent overall is below average. Same goes for our coaching. The Buffalo Bills are a joke to the rest of the league. All these years later and I can't even argue with it anymore. WE ARE PATHETIC.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Who got that sack? Cameron Jordan? Jordan Cameron? Michael Jordan? Cam Cameron? IM SO CONFUSED!
Buffalo_Kid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a difference maker on defense, and a QB. I see Tyler Wilson and Manti Te'o around the 10-12 range. I may be overreacting, but i don't see us winning more than 7 games this year.

thanks for the sig NS922!

Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking;
if you hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to you and eat with you,
and you with me.
Revelation 3:20
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffalo_Kid wrote:
We need a difference maker on defense, and a QB. I see Tyler Wilson and Manti Te'o around the 10-12 range. I may be overreacting, but i don't see us winning more than 7 games this year.

id say 5..
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to pray that Geno Smith falls to us. I don't like any other QB this year.

BillSabre

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
We need to pray that Geno Smith falls to us. I don't like any other QB this year.

We don't need to pray, we need to lose out. The way we look, it's not even out of the question. Problem is, they'll go and win a few games and blow that too.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Who got that sack? Cameron Jordan? Jordan Cameron? Michael Jordan? Cam Cameron? IM SO CONFUSED!
Buffalo_Kid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillSabre wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:

We don't need to pray, we need to lose out. The way we look, it's not even out of the question. Problem is, they'll go and win a few games and blow that too.

why root to loose? there is no point in it. this team will not loose out. in fact i bet we have a respectable record at the end of the year. Plus wherever we are there is no guarantee we even make the right pick. so just stop it. we have played pretty pathetic this year, but come one, we have been here before and no matter how hard you grunt and grumble at the end of the day this is football. If you win your happy, if you loose your team sucks.

thanks for the sig NS922!

Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking;
if you hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to you and eat with you,
and you with me.
Revelation 3:20
BillSabre

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffalo_Kid wrote:
BillSabre wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:

why root to loose? there is no point in it. this team will not loose out. in fact i bet we have a respectable record at the end of the year. Plus wherever we are there is no guarantee we even make the right pick. so just stop it. we have played pretty pathetic this year, but come one, we have been here before and no matter how hard you grunt and grumble at the end of the day this is football. If you win your happy, if you loose your team sucks.

How's the weather in your world?

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Tk3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My (albeit early) preferred draft..

Right now I am going to assume 10th overall pick.. I dont know, it just feels like where we will end up..

I predict Geno and Barkley to be off the board..

I like Tyler Bray a lot.. If he has a good season moving forward he is worthy of our pick.. If he does not, then he wont be in the draft in the first place.. He is 6'6" but needs to put on weight.. He has a very strong arm and I think the only reason he isnt thought of as an elite prospect is his recent injury and minor off field issues.. Also, Landry Jones could be available in the 2nd..

I could see Robert Woods in the 1st and the best QB available in the 2nd.. I also love Michael Mauti out of PSU at MLB.. Plays very tough and is very opportunistic.. I fear he will shoot up the draft boards, but could definitely be a great pick in the 2nd round..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: