Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

IaR.Mock.2013.V002

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: IaR.Mock.2013.V002 Reply with quote

Now Loading Mock.2013.V002
75%
Now Loaded. Enjoy.

2013 Offseason

Re-signings:
Greg Jennings
Brett Goode
Evan Dietrich-Smith
Jarrett Boykin (RFA)
Sam Shields (RFA)
Rob Francois (RFA)

Leaves via Free Agency:

Cedric Benson
Tom Crabtree
Frank Zombo
Brad Jones
Philip Merling
Erik Walden
Donald Driver (retire)

2013 Draft

With the 32nd overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Barrett Jones
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 313
Position: OG/C
College: Alabama

Jones is sort of soft looking when you just look at him. He's an extremely smart player though and we see that with his move to C. He's played LT, RG, and C for Alabama and has excelled at all 3. He is someone who could possibly bump Saturday from the roster and save us roughly 4 million.

With the 64th overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Michael Williams
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 275
Position: TE
College: Alabama

Primarily a blocking TE at Alabama, Williams has showed to be exceptional in that aspect. He has underrated athleticism and hands though and shows it when he runs routes. He should be a force on the edge in both Pass Pro and Run blocking, and a sneaky weapon when he does catch a pass.

With the 96th overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Ezekial "Ziggy" Ansah
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 270
Position: OLB/DE
College: BYU

Ezekial "Ziggy" Ansah is a wonderful story. Originally from Ghana, he never watched or played football until 2010. He is raw as they come. He is also crazy athletic. He was originally a sprinter for BYU track. He joined the football team and was limited to special teams. Getting time this year with the defense he is making his mark. He still has a lot to learn about the game, but he has JPP like upside. Players like that are scheme versatile hence why I don't think he is a bad fit. Either play him at OLB where he is plenty athletic or see if he can gain 20 more pounds and play DE and be what Jarius Wynn should of been.

With the 130th overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Michael Mauti
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 235
Position: ILB
College: Penn State

Linebacker U churns out another mid-round product that will most likely outperform his draft spot. (Sean Lee, Navarro Bowman). He falls because of his injury history (tearing ACL in both knees). He seems to be filling the stat sheet weekly with Tackles, TFL and other splash plays.

With the 158th overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Markus Wheaton
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 180
Position: WR
College: Oregon State

Not exceptionally fast or big, Wheaton gets open with clean breaks in his routes and has good hands. Had 73 receptions a year ago, he'll look to improve that this year.

With the 195th overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Zac Stacy
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 210
Position: RB
College: Vanderbilt

I know. He's short for a TT back. I love his running style and speed though. Put on anything you can see of him (games, youtube clips, whatever) and you'll see what I mean. He's not afraid to hit defenders, but has the moves to make them miss as well. Has a nice burst too. Probably doesn't have the speed to get away from an NFL secondary, but I can see him gaining a nice chunk of yardage when he touches the ball.

With the 224th overall pick the Green Bay Packers select:

Name: Rontez Miles
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 206
Position: S
College: California PA

A small school size/speed S prospect mostly for teams.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
justo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the first couple picks. Barrett Jones is hands down my favorite prospect that the Packers might actually be able to snag this year. Mike Williams+DJ Williams+Quarless would make everyone forget about Finley pretty fast. I don't think Finley is leaving without a fight though. I actually just read up on Ansah yesterday during the Hawaii/BYU game haha. Markus Wheaton is a boss. Dude might be a little skinny but he has body control, route running, and the hands that the Packers like to see. Me gusta.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those first two picks are sexy, and by that I mean gloriously unsexy but exactly what this team needs. Jones is a genius and exactly the sort of guy you want making your presnap reads at Center. I'm only slightly exaggerating about the genius part there, guy may have his MBA in 5 years as a Football player, something unheard of. Also has the skills in pass protection which is what McCarthy will like.
justo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
I'm only slightly exaggerating about the genius part there, guy may have his MBA in 5 years as a Football player, something unheard of.
Alex Smith, Myron Rolle, and Andrew Luck approve this message. Senior year Matt Leinart that took ball room dancing doesn't.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
I'm only slightly exaggerating about the genius part there, guy may have his MBA in 5 years as a Football player, something unheard of.
Alex Smith, Myron Rolle, and Andrew Luck approve this message. Senior year Matt Leinart that took ball room dancing doesn't.

Fine, maybe not unheard of but pretty damn rare. Point is, guy has it upstairs.
CWood21

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Barrett Jones, just don't love him in Green Bay. Lang/Sitton are holding down our guard spots, and I much prefer Jones at guard than I do at center.

Don't like the Williams pick. We've pretty much turned our "pure blocking" TEs out of our offensive scheme in favor of more passing oriented tight ends. Just don't think Williams beats out D.J. or Quarless.

Ziggy is interesting, but he might be better off adding weight and moving to an end if his athletic numbers are average.
justo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
Ziggy is interesting, but he might be better off adding weight and moving to an end if his athletic numbers are average.

IRRC he went to BYU on a track scholly. His numbers should be fine.
CWood21

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
IRRC he went to BYU on a track scholly. His numbers should be fine.

For all that we know, he could have gone for pole vaulting. I'm curious about his explosion numbers (KEI rating) and his "quick twitch" (10 yard splits) numbers.
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: IaR.Mock.2013.V002 Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:

Name: Ezekial "Ziggy" Ansah
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 270
Position: OLB/DE
College: BYU

Ezekial "Ziggy" Ansah is a wonderful story. Originally from Ghana, he never watched or played football until 2010. He is raw as they come. He is also crazy athletic. He was originally a sprinter for BYU track.

No polevaulting. He supposedly runs the 200M in 22s.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: