Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: BAL Ravens @ KC Chiefs (W5)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How many receptions will Cary Williams allow?
0!!!!!!
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
1-3
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
4-6
35%
 35%  [ 7 ]
7+
35%
 35%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 20

bmore4life815

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Texans look like the same team we beat twice last year. They're our biggest roadblock for sure but I'm not bowing down to them.

Schaub and Andre were not on the field together for either game last year. And, at least IMO, their defense looks even better this year (which is REALLY saying something).

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmore4life815 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Texans look like the same team we beat twice last year. They're our biggest roadblock for sure but I'm not bowing down to them.

Schaub and Andre were not on the field together for either game last year. And, at least IMO, their defense looks even better this year (which is REALLY saying something).

Naaaaah. We're going to mop the floor with them. The Texans' hype is suffocating right now. Can't wait to put that team in its place. No doubt we may give up close to 10 sacks that game, but I still think we beat them by at least two scores.

(I'm channeling my inner DTMB btw since even DTMB isn't doing a good enough DTMB impression lately).

Razz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone worried about Cary seem to forget, it's Matt Cassell throwing the ball.

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

diamondbull424

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Everyone worried about Cary seem to forget, it's Matt Cassell throwing the ball.

My two year old daughter could complete passes against Cary Williams in this particular defensive scheme... and I don't even have a daughter... so basically pockets of invisible air would be making him look bad in coverage. Though tbf, invisible air just might be the best QB prospect I've ever seen play in a game. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
ravens_rool28 wrote:

My two year old daughter could complete passes against Cary Williams in this particular defensive scheme... and I don't even have a daughter... so basically pockets of invisible air would be making him look bad in coverage. Though tbf, invisible air just might be the best QB prospect I've ever seen play in a game. Laughing

I've never really been a fan of Cary, but I'm not scared of Cass...at all. It's like the immovable object of terribleness vs the unbreakable force of horrid. I think that equals out to a push, and I'm ok with that.

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens_rool28 wrote:

Doens't matter who's throwing the ball; if you don't turn your head around and play a poorly thrown pass, the WR is still going to catch it.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
ravens_rool28

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
ravens_rool28 wrote:

Doens't matter who's throwing the ball; if you don't turn your head around and play a poorly thrown pass, the WR is still going to catch it.

From what KC fans are saying, it's more likely the ball will stick between Cary's legs more often than it will be a reception.

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.com is speculating Brady Quinn could start. I'm praying he does. I've been wanting to see us hurt him since that dirty block he put on Sizzle.

Free Ray Rice
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
.com is speculating Brady Quinn could start. I'm praying he does. I've been wanting to see us hurt him since that dirty block he put on Sizzle.

I'm hoping he plays. Our defensive stats would jump close to #1 in the league if he goes out there. His captain checkdown mentality would probably have the Chiefs passing for something like 89 yards total on the day... that would definitely improve our yardage stats. That guy is worse, much worse than Cassel. At least Cassel can beat you every once in awhile by being somewhat aggressive. Quinn is just plain scared to do anything.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the plot thickens...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nfl-rapidreports/20434659/chiefs-romeo-crennel-leaving-door-open-for-a-brady-quinn-appearance

Quote:

"At some point, as a coach, you go through and you see what's happening in the game and how a guy is reacting and how he's responding to what's happening in the game," Crennel told the Kansas City Star. "If you feel he's inept, constantly making poor decisions, bad choices, then that's when you move on from him and give someone else a chance."

Quote:
... Here's Quinn's 2009 season with the Browns with Crennel as his head coach and Daboll as his offensive coordinator compared to Cassel this year.

Comp. % Pass yards per start TDs INTs QB Rating Record
Quinn
53.1 147.8 8 7 67.2 2-7
Cassel
58.4 264.5 5 7 70.4 1-3

To be fair to Quinn, he was surrounded by possibly the NFL's worst talent.

DB424 edit: Try to post just the highlights of the article and limit it to a few paragraphs at most. Keep in mind the forum's copyright rules when posting information of this nature. Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might have to consider starting Baltimore's D this week in fantasy if Brady Quinn is starting lol

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
I might have to consider starting Baltimore's D this week in fantasy if Brady Quinn is starting lol

Who else do you have?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Yup. Couldn't stand pretty boy Quinn in college, but my continued dislike for him skyrocketed after that.

Bernard "Crush Boy" Pollard- Forever a Raven

El Ramster on the sig that isn't going anywhere
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see us play well in a road game. I know we have a pretty good track record on the road in the playoffs, but we're only 8-8 in our last 16 road regular season games.

We need to match the home team's intensity without the threat of a go-home scenario or the motivation of a big rivalry game.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

Who else do you have?

My D right now is *insert whoever plays Chicago's offensive line here* haha, and last week it bit me but so far it's been a solid strategy.

Oh nevermind, just checked and this week I went with NYG against Cleveland.

BlaqOptic wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 3 of 23

Jump to: