Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Darrelle Revis?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timmay9699

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Darrelle Revis? Reply with quote

With Revis going down last week all the talk this week has been about his impending free agency. I've been thinking, Goldson is a FACEBOOK after this season as we all know. Would you let him walk to sign Revis? I for one would like the possibility. We could move Culliver to FS or draft a safety early in the draft and have one hell of a secondary! With Revis, Carlos, T-Brown and Culliver with Whitner at safety, that is crazy! Yes Revis will be coming off the ACL tear, but we've seen with A.D. and many others, that injury isn't the career changing injury it used to be. I like Goldson, but Revis is better. Our defense is good now but is a bit of a liability against the pass. I'd love to have Revis Island join Alcatraz as the best lockdowns in the bay area.Any thoughts?
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Revis' talent, but I don't want a guy who demands a new contract each year.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, make Culliver into a safety? Why? This guy has the potential to become one of the best CBs in the game and has been our best corner through the first three weeks. Is Revis going to be a UFA after this season or the following? Of course any team would love to have his service but it is probably unrealistic. The Jets will end up giving him what he wants but this is intriguing.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Wait, make Culliver into a safety? Why? This guy has the potential to become one of the best CBs in the game and has been our best corner through the first three weeks. Is Revis going to be a UFA after this season or the following? Of course any team would love to have his service but it is probably unrealistic. The Jets will end up giving him what he wants but this is intriguing.

Culliver played safety in college and has good size and skills to be a good FS. Goldson played corner in college and he managed to make the switch just fine...
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Culliver played safety until his senior season where he switched to CB. It makes no sense switching a player with his coverage skills+physical talents to safety when he has the chance to become one of the best CBs.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Yes, Culliver played safety until his senior season where he switched to CB. It makes no sense switching a player with his coverage skills+physical talents to safety when he has the chance to become one of the best CBs.

I also said we can draft a safety early. Meaning keeping Culliver at CB. And wIth all that tallent, why couldn't he become one of the best FS? And just fyi D-Will doesn't play for the Jazz anymore!
green24

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to rain on your parade, but there is no way the Jets let Revis walk. They know how important he is to the team. The team will do whatever it takes to make sure he does not hit free agency.

Also, he's under contract for next season.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Sorry to rain on your parade, but there is no way the Jets let Revis walk. They know how important he is to the team. The team will do whatever it takes to make sure he does not hit free agency.

Yep, I don't see the Jets letting him walk but he will be a UFA after next season so anything can happen.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timmay9699 wrote:
I also said we can draft a safety early. Meaning keeping Culliver at CB. And wIth all that tallent, why couldn't he become one of the best FS? And just fyi D-Will doesn't play for the Jazz anymore!

Again, when CBs start losing some of their physical attributes, that's when they make the move to safety. You don't just get a CB with his potential and switch him to safety in year 3. If we draft a safety, I love Phillip Thomas out of Fresno State. If he slips past the 2nd round, we have to grab him assuming Goldson walks.

Thanks! No wonder I didn't see DWill on the Jazz last year Wink .

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:

Just like you say that about Revis, we shouldn't let Goldson walk either. I don't get how some of the posters here think he's easily replaceable.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I don't think we should let Goldson walk either. At the same time, Culliver shouldn't move to safety either. But if I had a choice between Revis and Goldson, I'm choosing #24. Also, this made me think if one of our safeties goes down we are screwed LOL.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
green24 wrote:

Just like you say that about Revis, we shouldn't let Goldson walk either. I don't get how some of the posters here think he's easily replaceable.

Revis is arguably the best defensive player in the NFL. Goldson, while he is very good, is not even close to that level.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but I don't think steadypimpin is referring to that. He is saying quite a few Niners fans think Goldson is easily replaceable, when in fact he isn't.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Yeah, but I don't think steadypimpin is referring to that. He is saying quite a few Niners fans think Goldson is easily replaceable, when in fact he isn't.
That's exactly what I meant. I don't think he's best in the league, top 10 definitely but I think Goldson is great but some here think he's interchangeable.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
mrscottso

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
That's exactly what I meant. I don't think he's best in the league, top 10 definitely but I think Goldson is great but some here think he's interchangeable.

Top 5 buddy!

BlaqOptic wrote:
Dan Connor is twice the LineBacker that "PWilly" will ever be.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: