Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Spain's La Liga [Mr. Ford Returns - Congrats to Barcelona]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yankee0724

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, we're definitely in now.

Alves is so annoying to me. I hate how much he gets caught out of position because of how attacking he is, but then he gets involved ni the attack like that and makes me think it's worth it...

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
ElReyDeLosReyes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#MOURINHOGATE

yankee0724 wrote:
My team is based heavily off of Mourinho at Madrid.
^ FC Barcelona Fan ^
ElReyDeLosReyes

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#MourinhoGate

#MadridGate

#MarcaGate

Quote:
MARCA does not lie. The information published in this paper on Thursday regarding the dinner held last Tuesday at ACS headquarters between Florentino Pérez, José Ángel Sánchez and the Real Madrid captains, Iker Casillas and Sergio Ramos is absolutely true, point for point.

It is true, just as MARCA published, that the point for discussion at the dinner between the Chairman, the Director General and the two captains was none other than the bonuses for this season, but it is also the case that they spoke about the current circumstances surrounding the team, the unity within the squad aside from the coaching team and the intention of several players to ask for a transfer in the summer in the event that José Mourinho continued as manager of Real Madrid.

Out of consideration for our readers and in view of the Chairman of Real Madrid making a public announcement in which he expressed doubts regarding the credibility of this publication, MARCA has the moral obligation to reveal part of the text message that gave rise to the article.

Exercising our professional right to respect the anonymity of our sources, MARCA has so far refrained from revealing neither the sources of said information nor the channels by which it was obtained.

However, given the fact that the Chairman of Real Madrid has accused the paper of trying to destabilise the club and has claimed that during the aforementioned dinner "the only topic was bonuses", MARCA is prepared to reveal one of its sources that refutes that assertion. "We spoke about everything. General matters, the dressing room, the manager, bonuses and the like," to quote the text message verbatim, as can be seen in the photograph.

Just as MARCA published this Thursday and the President of Real Madrid himself confirmed, the lunch "was friendly". They discussed the possibilities the team has of winning titles this year and, of course, there was talk of Mourinho and his future.

As we reported, the captains informed the President that senior players at the club were threatening to ask for transfers if Mourinho continued as head coach of Real Madrid next season. The exchange that follows proves this. It's a fragment of a longer conversation and we've deleted the player's name: "It's not just (...), I'm telling you, there are many others"

http://www.marca.com/2013/01/25/en/football/real_madrid/1359076444.html

Quote:
This season there have been continual clashes between Jose Mourinho and the squad. The disagreements date back to 26th August when Los Blancos lost 2-1 to Getafe. That was the day the season began to go sour and with it, the relationship between the manager and the players.

"Real Madrid played very badly and our performance was unacceptable. I'm not frustrated, because the final result, in terms of the match, has come as no surprise for me" the Portuguese coach said in a statement that didn't go down at all well in the dressing room.

But it was on the 16th September that the dressing room exploded. Real Madrid lost in Seville and Mou went on the attack. "Football isn't a priority now for some players", the Portuguese coach said at the time. Some players refused to remain silent and Mourinho's reaction wasn't long in the offing. Three days later, he put Ramos on the bench against Manchester City.

On the 30th September another falling out took place. Mourinho took it out on Özil in the half-time break and Ramos came out in support of his team-mate playing the whole of the second half in the German's shirt.

All these clashes, Real Madrid's losing to Betis and Borussia Dortmund, as well as Mourinho's criticism of Toril and the club wore down Florentino Pérez's morale, so much so that come December he was clear that the Mourinho wouldn't be manager of Real Madrid the following season. That's how MARCA reported it on the 3rd December.

Mourinho, well aware that he wouldn't be staying on at Real Madrid next season, seemed intent on making matters worse and tightening the rope, so he struck out at Casillas, relegating him to the bench.

Mourinho's last falling out was with Di María, as MARCA revealed, who he accused of "not playing for anything" once having extended his contract.

http://www.marca.com/2013/01/25/en/football/real_madrid/1359098801.html

yankee0724 wrote:
^ FC Barcelona Fan ^
yankee0724

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pedro blew a chance to go up 2 Sad

Quote:
yankee0724

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad

1-1

Quote:
yankee0724

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take the away goal heading into Camp Nou.

Quote:
ElReyDeLosReyes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raphaël Varane is going to be the best CB in the world.

yankee0724 wrote:
^ FC Barcelona Fan ^
yankee0724

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dani Alves talks about the racist chants directed toward him yesterday.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1320912/barcelona's-dani-alves-speaks-out-over-racism-in-real-madrid-game?cc=5901

Quote:
Alves was whistled and jeered regularly throughout the 1-1 Copa semi-final first leg draw. Racist-sounding abuse was particularly loud at two moments - in the first half when he clashed with home players Alvaro Arbeloa and Xabi Alonso, and in the second period when he was booked for a foul on Cristiano Ronaldo.

The chants were not mentioned by either team's coaches or players in their post-game press conferences, but Alves himself tweeted his disappointment after the game.

"I did not think about leaving the pitch, but it bothers me," Alves said. "It does not just happen at [the Bernabeu]. I go through this constantly in all the grounds I go to. It is a shame, as fans can like you or not, and there can be heated moments within games, but the crowd should just support their own team."

[...]

"Unfortunately the war against racism is lost, unless much more drastic action is taken," he said. "I have been here for ten years and since the first year this kind of thing has happened. There are worse grounds [than the Bernabeu]. It happens all over Spain. I lived through it at Sevilla. Until action is taken, nothing will be fixed."

Quote:
Oregon Ducks

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not surprised. Spain is up there with Italy and Russia as the most racist legit soccer nations.

Adopt-A-Duck
Byron Marshall: 168 carries, 1038 yds, 14TDs, 13 rec, 155 yds
Thomas Tyner: 115 carries, 711 yds, 9TDs, 14 rec, 124 yds
Ifo Ekpre-Olomu: 84 tackles, 9 PD, 3 INT
ElReyDeLosReyes

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xabi Alonso sucks now. I want Nuri Sahin.

yankee0724 wrote:
^ FC Barcelona Fan ^
yankee0724

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to watch this 15 minute video for one of my classes, but Barca is on...

Quote:
yankee0724

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU VALDES.

I'm so torn about him not renewing. He makes mistakes at such crucial times, but then pulls off stuff like that.

Quote:
yankee0724

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tito's recovery isn't going as planned and he has to stay in NY until March at the earliest.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2272386/Tito-Vilanova-cancer-latest-Barcelona-coach-New-York-treatment.html#axzz2K23jLFk6

Quote:
Barcelona coach Tito Vilanova is in New York receiving treatment for cancer and is expected to be away from Catalonia for at least the next month, according to reports in Spain.

The Barca coach had a second lump removed from his parotid gland last month.

Quote:
texans_uk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised to see no ElRey after Cristianos hattrick last night, the 21st of his career, his second was a real cracker too.

yankee0724

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6-1 woo

AND A DAVID VILLA SIGHTING!

Quote:

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 9 of 100

Jump to: