Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Team needs week 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
Logos wrote:
QB
HC

I disagree regarding Pioli. Yes, we have Cassel, but considering available QB options since Pioli arrived, and playing the odds, what other QBs would have been smart/sound choices at the time (not crystal clear hind-sight).

Second, except for QB, I would consider our roster top-to-bottom to be pretty solid. Pioli has made smart decisions without any wild risks or over spending. I do wish we kept B. Carr...and we had better keep Bowe since he has been very solid so far this season. But he has resigned many other key players at bargain prices including solid free agent signings.

Regarding HC...I like Romeo as a pure DC. Not necessarily as an HC and definitely as a dual hat HC/DC. His leadership style has led to an undisciplined unfocused team.

Bottom line, somehow/someway upgrading QB, and hiring a respectable, likable, hard-[inappropriate/removed] coach to unlock our team's potential are the key moves we need to make. I think we need to hang onto Pioli...he has for the most=part made good on the personnel and coaching opportunities available to us.

Mark Sanchez, Josh Freeman, Andy Dalton, trading for someone, Mike Vick, Trading up to get RGIII, Luck, Tannehill

...Orton (for 3.5 mill), Campbell, Henne, Garrard, V.Young, McCoy, R.Wilson, a female baboon.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Bigs, I'm glad to see Tannehill doing well. However I think that the guys we'll have a shot at drafting top 3 this year are better than Tannehill, with less bust potential. But you're right, wouldn't it be nice to see how well he'd play here? Though Pioli probably would have wanted to move him back to WR.

I think Tanny's floor is basically Cassel but can make a few more plays a game and is more athletic. His ceiling is something around a mini-Rodgers

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
simonwayne

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
I love Dontari Poe, but 418 yards only 1 INT against the Cards D that has been fantastic all season for Tanny, Why didn't we trade up for this guy again?

After the Skins' traded for the Rams pick, I was constanly calling for us to trade up for Tannehill. Seriously, it wouldn't have costed us much of anything and would have gave us an actual QB to move forward with which would increase our odds of getting Bowe back and already make us more competitive than we are now.

I hate Pioli and I can't forgive him for ignoring our QB position because we have Cassel...

Bowe is probably tired of getting jacked up when the ball is thrown behind him and above his head.

And almost all of us knew that we should have brought back Orton. Crennel even admitted that he wouldn't have his job if it wasn't for Orton and now he's likely going to lose his job because of Cassels suckiness. Crennel has also done a bad job anyways.

Last edited by simonwayne on Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure some of the more cynical people in here I know their answers, but this nagging thought has been creeping further and further forward lately on this topic.

Do you guys think that Pioli's ego is a legitimate factor in us not going after a QB, more specifically admitting he wasted 63 million dollars AND a second round pick on a back-up QB.

Props to Loto...the guy does great work
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Logos wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
Logos wrote:
QB
HC

I disagree regarding Pioli. Yes, we have Cassel, but considering available QB options since Pioli arrived, and playing the odds, what other QBs would have been smart/sound choices at the time (not crystal clear hind-sight).

Second, except for QB, I would consider our roster top-to-bottom to be pretty solid. Pioli has made smart decisions without any wild risks or over spending. I do wish we kept B. Carr...and we had better keep Bowe since he has been very solid so far this season. But he has resigned many other key players at bargain prices including solid free agent signings.

Regarding HC...I like Romeo as a pure DC. Not necessarily as an HC and definitely as a dual hat HC/DC. His leadership style has led to an undisciplined unfocused team.

Bottom line, somehow/someway upgrading QB, and hiring a respectable, likable, hard-[inappropriate/removed] coach to unlock our team's potential are the key moves we need to make. I think we need to hang onto Pioli...he has for the most=part made good on the personnel and coaching opportunities available to us.

Mark Sanchez, Josh Freeman, Andy Dalton, trading for someone, Mike Vick, Trading up to get RGIII, Luck, Tannehill

All of those are either obvious choices in hind-sight, or bad decisions that would have involved mortgaging much of our draft(s)/future to acquire (aka. RGIII).

We have been wasting our present and future with Cassel...it's time to stop taking the risk of going with Cassel every year and watching our window of opportunity disappear. Time to play it safe for once and trade away a bunch of picks if needed to get a QB next draft. This organization has done nothing but take crazy risks for many years at the QB position, but especially since Pioli took over, not only with paying 63 million for the unproven/untalented, but keeping backups the caliber of Tyler Palko.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree I think Tannehill is much better than Cassel, I'm just not quite ready to dub him Rodgers.

Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
I'm sure some of the more cynical people in here I know their answers, but this nagging thought has been creeping further and further forward lately on this topic.

Do you guys think that Pioli's ego is a legitimate factor in us not going after a QB, more specifically admitting he wasted 63 million dollars AND a second round pick on a back-up QB.

yes. 100%

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
I agree I think Tannehill is much better than Cassel, I'm just not quite ready to dub him Rodgers.

I'm not either. I said that is his ceiling, as in his potential of what he could be.

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I see his ceiling as RGIII...lol. But honestly how much better is that than Cassel?

It's rhetorical...but the answer is an entire shiiteton

ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should add to all this that we don't NEED to "mortgage" our future for a QB or give up a bunch of picks...that's fine with me if it's for the right QB, but all we need is an average QB to win the division (like an Orton) or a mid level QB to be a SB contender (Schaub/Flacco). We just can't have garbage.

bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
DT58_lives_on wrote:

yes. 100%

Well, it's either ego clouding his decisions, or incompetence. Take your pick.

^ryknowssd on the sig
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
I love Dontari Poe, but 418 yards only 1 INT against the Cards D that has been fantastic all season for Tanny, Why didn't we trade up for this guy again?

He's just another Blaine Gabbert. Rolling Eyes You know my feelings on the subject. He's even been better then I thought he would this early. Imagine him on our roster.

Yeah, even you thought he would take a year or two and that we'd be better off with Cassel starting at first. I tried to tell you a rookie like him would be better right away... Wink

Rearviewmirror

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
DT58_lives_on wrote:

yes. 100%

Well, it's either ego clouding his decisions, or incompetence. Take your pick.

either one is worthy of firing his behind

les paul wrote:
Their opponent-
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:

He's just another Blaine Gabbert. Rolling Eyes You know my feelings on the subject. He's even been better then I thought he would this early. Imagine him on our roster.

Yeah, even you thought he would take a year or two and that we'd be better off with Cassel starting at first. I tried to tell you a rookie like him would be better right away... Wink

I believe I probably said could. Even you didn't think Cassel would be this bad. Wink

^ryknowssd on the sig
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
ArrowheadRage58 wrote:
bigschmadt00 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:

I believe I probably said could. Even you didn't think Cassel would be this bad. Wink

Well said.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: